Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I do is slip the elbow through the wrist part of the sleeve then slide it all the way up underneath the sleeve to pop it in. No need to push the sleeve up at all.

I believe that’s what they’re doing, according to screamingmetal’s photo. It’s that the cuff on their sleeve apparently isn’t wide enough to accommodate the arm.

Are you guys trying to push the sleeve all the way up past the bicep to attach the led arm?

All I do is slip the elbow through the wrist part of the sleeve then slide it all the way up underneath the sleeve to pop it in. No need to push the sleeve up at all.
I didn't pull up the sleeve and it was hella tight to get the arm in. Like someone else said fell like I would rip the seam. But twisted the arm a lot to get it in the sleeve.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Are you guys trying to push the sleeve all the way up past the bicep to attach the led arm?

All I'm trying to do is put the arm through the sleeve. The sleeve gets stuck at the forearm, I can't get the arm into place.

8bd3d24e21cc4671f382bc2c7abfc8d3.jpg

My Luke must be trying to make his way to Ahch-To, because I went to the UPS locker where he was delivered, door popped open, and there was nothing there. UPS has no idea where it is. First time I've ever had a problem with a delivery.

I usually don’t worry too much about issues like staining, however after opening this the robe did seem a little saturated and smelled pretty fresh, so I decided to do a soak to test. I used a white plastic bowl and sure enough the water was a pretty significant shade of reddish-brown. So I put in some fresh water and left it overnight and it was still pretty brown after that. I left it again when I went out and I’ll check it when I get home, but there’s definitely a good amount of excess, and I could see it being an issue.

Just FYI for anybody worried about it.

My own experience, when I used only water, a small amount of dye would come out. Something as simple as one drop of detergent into a small bowl of cool to slightly warm water, and agitate with hand, had the entire bowl of water looking brown/purple. After 3 rinses with cold water, the water became clear and when comparing it to my untouched Luke robe from figure you, you honestly couldn't tell the difference. So I'm def an advocate for using a little detergent if one wants to be real safe. It also took maybe 15 min total. No need to soak the robe hours and hours.

I had a belt issue as well and was contacted by SS today. The replacement belts are not in- so had to be put on a waitlist for that part. This is a first for me.[/QUOTE]

Well add me to that list. Dangit

My own experience, when I used only water, a small amount of dye would come out. Something as simple as one drop of detergent into a small bowl of cool to slightly warm water, and agitate with hand, had the entire bowl of water looking brown/purple. After 3 rinses with cold water, the water became clear and when comparing it to my untouched Luke robe from figure you, you honestly couldn't tell the difference. So I'm def an advocate for using a little detergent if one wants to be real safe. It also took maybe 15 min total. No need to soak the robe hours and hours.[/QUOTE

I’m going to rinse mine tonight. Thanks for the info. I have dye free detergent luckily. Way too afraid of staining.

There's lots to love with this figure...but there's also lots not to love...the sculpt is glorious but is let down by metallic brown colored hair...again!(i'm guessing HT thinks this works better under cabinet lighting)

Yeah, you really have wonder about HT's love of metal paint for hair. I guess it's meant to be a trick under the lighting, but you'd think there would be a better way to get hair's slightly reflective/translucent look than repeatedly doing metal. It kinda works on some figs, but on others looks like a bare-metal statue.

Hair is really emerging as one of HT's weaknesses - and if it's not lighter/blonder colored hair where they go all chrome, it's jet black like Leia and Han even if their hair is brown.

I've heard that to set dyes you need to soak the fabric in a solution of vinegar and water. Might be the next step.

You'd think if it was as simple as rinsing in vinegar and water that HT would do that at the factory, especially if it potentially causes them huge problems with complaints about stained figures. This whole dye/stain thing is a really strange one - it seems so easily fixed yet they don't do that?

My Luke must be trying to make his way to Ahch-To, because I went to the UPS locker where he was delivered, door popped open, and there was nothing there. UPS has no idea where it is. First time I've ever had a problem with a delivery.

Young Luke found out what Disney has planned for him in the future.:lol

The fat suit is a puzzler too. The pic from secret base when he first came out was perfect, proportion wise. I just looked at and it looks just like hamill’s shape from 83. I wonder why the fat suit? If I knew how to post pics from my phone I would, lol

Back