Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had found myself seated firmly on the fence with my pre-order for this guy in recent days, but I have to say, just about every in-hand photo I've seen of him that places the teeth in shadow has been stellar! I guess I'm just going to have to be strategic in my lighting choices for him when he arrives...

861d457d1bd939ecaeb76e3faf969ea6.jpg

:exactly:

Even if you don't want the Endor look, it seems more prudent to wait for the Endor version to pick up a second RotJ Luke. This figure in my opinion seems best equipped for a first half RotJ display with either the cloak or tunic, being that it basically has all non gloved hands. The Endor version will likely feature an Endor/DS II outfit option, and like you said, new sculpt, all gloved right hands, and a new outfit option.
Maybe you’re right about waiting for the Endor Luke rather than just buying another of these. Realistically I don’t think I’d keep him in the Endor gear but it would be nice to have that version and it’s the same outfit underneath.

I posted some pictures on how I did mine. On Tuesday What you do is you pop the tab on the existing head insert to pieces add a little glue Wala collar is not touching jaw line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
30bd7dcd0ac48c2d2176b356ad1ab04a.jpg
0a603a2c1a725503199cfbcbe3a3ce6c.jpg
24c3b9ae9d79245264edf6def763c3d9.png
8daa78b74842e0c99a7bf4d01bc8e58d.png
Nicely done
FYI, if you own the Disney Store 1/6 Krennic figure, his gloved right hand works great on Luke. It grips the lightsaber well, too. I did have to glue the wrist portion of the glove to the hand portion since they are separate pieces but it is a perfect fit now.

View attachment 415353
It works great!..nice find..

I’m wondering if Endor Luke might be a quick and easy re-release as some kind of exclusive. I mean really take away the tunic and robe and replace them with the poncho and helmet. Add a couple gloved hands and it’s good to go. They’ve already made the sculpt of this figure have the removable hair piece for the helmet.

cool. About time someone did this pose.

Where is the thread? I cannot see it!

And... that is a DX07 hand, right?

I have mine on order from bbts but with anakin spiderman wolf predator and my 1/4 samus statue I'm shocked my wife has not buried me in the backyard. I have a feeling a disturbance in the force that hot toys will do what they did with dark side anakin and release a deluxe luke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have mine on order from bbts but with anakin spiderman wolf predator and my 1/4 samus statue I'm shocked my wife has not buried me in the backyard. I have a feeling a disturbance in the force that hot toys will do what they did with dark side anakin and release a deluxe luke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Waiting on mine from BBTS as well. Gonna be my first “good guy” OT besides the trooper disguise versions and Chewie.
I think they’ll do a deluxe Luke as well. Endor Luke with everything that this one has, tunic, robe and all... Hit everyone for $265+ SMH

Maybe you’re right about waiting for the Endor Luke rather than just buying another of these. Realistically I don’t think I’d keep him in the Endor gear but it would be nice to have that version and it’s the same outfit underneath.

Yep, same here.

I have no interest in the Endor gear either. The two looks I’m interested in would be Jedi/tunic and DS II. As I mentioned, I think this particular figure is best equipped for a first half RotJ look. So even though I have no interest in the Endor gear, I’d get that version for a DS II look, as I think he’ll better equipped for it being that he’ll have a full gloved hand set and also a different sculpt/expression so that way you don’t have two RotJ Lukes with the exact same sculpt.

Yep, same here.

I have no interest in the Endor gear either. The two looks I’m interested in would be Jedi/tunic and DS II. As I mentioned, I think this particular figure is best equipped for a first half RotJ look. So even though I have no interest in the Endor gear, I’d get that version for a DS II look, as I think he’ll better equipped for it being that he’ll have a full gloved hand set and also a different sculpt/expression so that way you don’t have two RotJ Lukes with the exact same sculpt.
I don’t mind the Endor gear, just not for Luke. When I think him from that movie I think Jabba’s Palace or the Emperor’s Throne Room. I’d take Leia and Han in Endor gear.

I don’t mind the Endor gear, just not for Luke. When I think him from that movie I think Jabba’s Palace or the Emperor’s Throne Room. I’d take Leia and Han in Endor gear.

My sentiments as well.

I don’t mind it for Leia, because that was for the most part her RotJ outfit. Same with Han. With me for Luke, it’s his Jedi tunic and the DS II outfit.

But here, the Endor Luke is as if you are buying a Death Star Throne Room Luke with a different sculpt + Endor extras!

If I were getting 2 Lukes, I would buy Endor and this one. Not two of this.

But here, the Endor Luke is as if you are buying a Death Star Throne Room Luke with a different sculpt + Endor extras!

If I were getting 2 Lukes, I would buy Endor and this one. Not two of this.

While I'd buy a pack just as fast, I'd buy another whole figure just as fast for the display options. I have the Bespin DX and ANH Luke; if they make an X-Wing pilot Luke I'd have 2 from each movie and be fine with that. Then I'd buy a Hoth Luke too because I'm nuts lol.

I just hope the Endor figure is a sure thing. It seems like it is but I'd hate for this figure to sell out and not be able to score another version of Jedi Luke.

:exactly:

Even if you don't want the Endor look, it seems more prudent to wait for the Endor version to pick up a second RotJ Luke. This figure in my opinion seems best equipped for a first half RotJ display with either the cloak or tunic, being that it basically has all non gloved hands. The Endor version will likely feature an Endor/DS II outfit option, and like you said, new sculpt, all gloved right hands, and a new outfit option.

Slightly disagree. Yes, the head sculpts are the same, but unless you have them displayed right next to each other, it's not really an issue. My Death Star Luke is locked in a battle with Vader, and my other figure is my "Everything Luke". Robe with hood up, vest, belt, battle damaged hand, wearing the saber on the belt and holding the blaster. Just too many cool items (IMO) to leave sitting in the box.

IF (we are all talking like it's been confirmed already) an Endor Luke comes out, I guess I'm one of the few who really wants the Endor Luke look, not another DS II Battle Luke. I have the SS Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper, and he has been sitting alone on my shelf for far too long.

I'm getting two of these and at least one Endor Luke. There is more than enough looks and poses to justify multiples. Hoping for a ton of gloved hands and swap out wind swept hair with the Endor version.

A few other things that would really sweeten the Endor Luke...not just a removeable helmet, but being able to post Luke with helmet off and messy hair, as he looked after destroying the last speeder bike and trooper.5117f7c9cedfbf47f5e90eea5fc39237--luke-skywalker-gonna.jpg

Back