Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Gwar! Haven’t seen them since the early 90’s. Didn’t know they were still performing. Yeah great fun show but don’t wear anything you’ll wanna wear again if you are anywhere in the vicinity of good viewing.

Luke Skywalker...Jedi Knight...
eecc9be7d2acd492fddc2aff2c72ae87.jpg

d91a72f2d82c4aaaf70ec4ae44bb6c97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've rarely been more on the fence about a Hot Toys figure. I've got the primary Luke from both of the other films, and this look was really important to my childhood.
I had the Kenner figure, and this was the first Star Wars movie I saw at the theaters. but I've got too many damn toys to start out with. And I do not want to get into the weeds collecting Jedi figures, my least favorite OT film. I have a strong feeling that I'll regret it if I don't pick it up, but. . .maybe not? Tough one.

I've rarely been more on the fence about a Hot Toys figure. I've got the primary Luke from both of the other films, and this look was really important to my childhood.
I had the Kenner figure, and this was the first Star Wars movie I saw at the theaters. but I've got too many damn toys to start out with. And I do not want to get into the weeds collecting Jedi figures, my least favorite OT film. I have a strong feeling that I'll regret it if I don't pick it up, but. . .maybe not? Tough one.

Depends on how you look at it, do you see a Return of the Jedi figure or do you see a Luke Skywalker figure.

I love the Jedi Luke look, it's my favorite in the OT, and I want this figure just because of that special place it holds with me, even if this were the Empire costume, that feeling wouldn't change, my liking of it is not tied to the movie it appeared in. If you feel the same, then I think the answer is get it, but if you're attachment to the look is driven by the film it's in, then I think you're distaste for JEDI will eventually cause some regret when something more meaningful to you comes out and you're strapped for cash because of buying Luke.

I actually like Jedi a lot, but not nearly as much as the others. The question for me is--can I go without it? Or will I feel regret? And I'm not sure about that. I can afford it, but I've got about 15-20 figures I need to sell, but am too lazy to do. I'm trying to get all my collectibles to fit into 5 Detolfs and a big shelf for statues. Star Wars is already 3 Detolf shelves full, and one of those has 5 figures in it. From that POV, probably best not to go with it. I don't have all the Lukes displayed together, so this guy would be the odd man out.

First world problems, I know :lol

I actually like Jedi a lot, but not nearly as much as the others. The question for me is--can I go without it? Or will I feel regret? And I'm not sure about that. I can afford it, but I've got about 15-20 figures I need to sell, but am too lazy to do. I'm trying to get all my collectibles to fit into 5 Detolfs and a big shelf for statues. Star Wars is already 3 Detolf shelves full, and one of those has 5 figures in it. From that POV, probably best not to go with it. I don't have all the Lukes displayed together, so this guy would be the odd man out.

We all face them. I built my collection before having space for it all, and now that I'm finding more and more room to put things out, I'm realizing the impossibility of having it all out in clean displays without devoting an entire room to nothing but my collection, which I don't want as I'd probably not spend much time in there, where things are in the living room and bedroom right now.

It's hard to let things go, but when faced with limits to how much you can have, it helps you realize what truly matters.

I like the movie ROTJ it holds a lot of meaning to me I was almost 10 when I saw it with my dad. I don't hate it as much as most seem to but it was cool to finally see who the emperor was, jabba the hutt was as all we knew was by hearing his name and not having any idea what he was. so I have a lot of memories from that movie and how cool jabba`s hench men were. the ewok part well that`s another story but I still enjoy even to this day.

We all face them. I built my collection before having space for it all, and now that I'm finding more and more room to put things out, I'm realizing the impossibility of having it all out in clean displays without devoting an entire room to nothing but my collection, which I don't want as I'd probably not spend much time in there, where things are in the living room and bedroom right now.

It's hard to let things go, but when faced with limits to how much you can have, it helps you realize what truly matters.
Yeah, I've found that the fear of letting things go generally outweighs the reality of it. I've sold a lot of things I used to cherish without looking back. Very little in my collection is essential. But it makes me happy having these things around.

For me, Jedi feels the most like a movie taking place in another world, Jabba's palace had the most screen time loaded with characters and creatures unlike anything we see day to day, where ANH and ESB were mostly humans and armored troopers. Even the Emperor seemed like an alien back in the day, I didn't think he was a deformed or old human, I thought that was his species. It was also cool to see Luke go from a struggling learner to a master of the Force.

I have 8 detolfs I still have empty shelves some of my shelves have customs if I did not have them they would all still be half empty. so I know I cut back that`s why I have empty shelves as I did not want to get dragged down the money pit with all these poor excuse for star wars movies ( except rogue One) I really enjoyed that one) but like TFA TLJ and now this new movie solo a star wars story.

The opening stuff with Jabba is easily the best thing about Jedi for me. It's pretty dark, with all the heroes seeming to get outsmarted, the slave being dropped to her death, and the pretty gruesome death of the big monster. So it's weird that the movie does an about-face with the Ewoks later on.

Yeah, I've found that the fear of letting things go generally outweighs the reality of it. I've sold a lot of things I used to cherish without looking back. Very little in my collection is essential. But it makes me happy having these things around.

Once you've had to sell things that you'd put on your "never, ever want to get rid of" list, things take on a new perspective. I once had like 50 Sideshow Star Wars figures, from background Jedi to main characters, hundreds of Hasbro figures, etc., but now I've come to refine it through a number of factors to be the things that represent Star Wars most for me, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Emperor Palpatine and Jabba the Hutt.

Back