Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recent tailoring on Hot Toys Tarkin should be the standard in terms of fitting compared to these baggy clothes on ROTJ Luke.

I have to agree that HT left a lot of room for Sideshow’s version to shine. I guess we will see when the in hand photos show up. May have to get the jumpsuit, poncho, belts, and helmeted head from TA.

Is that how people wash out the extra dye? I was debating rinsing and wringing the robe on my new Anakin, but was worried it would dry wrinkled and look weird.

Not sure what others are doing but that’s my plan. Warm water rinse and wring it into a white bowl to see if any color runs.

Wrinkles can be easily removed with steaming or a careful pressing.

Not sure why there is so much dislike for this. It delivered exactly on the prototype, and there are so many display options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great... a figure I've been waiting a long time to get, it's actually making me a bit nostalgic for the Sideshow Jedi Luke. That figure (though very dated now) was a game changer back in 2006 when it was released.

I think now that this figure is coming I'll un-kitbash my current Jedi Luke and return him back to the original state.

QFT. :goodpost:

Not sure why there is so much dislike for this. It delivered exactly on the prototype, and there are so many display options.

Because internet!

I really like it. I may even get rid of my ANH Luke.
I'm not sure I want multiple figures of the same character even though it's such a different outfit.

I may complain about it but I’m still getting it. I just may have to swap a few pieces. Don’t hate it. Just wish it was better.

Yeah it does look like they gave him the same fat suit as the TFA Luke for some reason. I won't have a problem taking in the outfit to make it more form-fitting, but it does seem odd I would even need to do that with this figure.

Yeah, not cancelling my order or anything but the Jabba’s palace outfit — tunic at least — is the one I’ll definitely be going with.

Other one doesn’t look quite right. Chest fabric looks really puffy. Curious to see the Sideshow when it’s revealed.

I just broke out my SSC jedi luke from 1806, this is a big step up. Too bad about the gloved hand though but i imagine a lot of black hands are going to end up on ebay or onesixthkit. I'm pretty excited.

Not sure what others are doing but that’s my plan. Warm water rinse and wring it into a white bowl to see if any color runs.

Wrinkles can be easily removed with steaming or a careful pressing.

Awesome, thanks. I've been wondering what the best way to go about washing out the extra dye was. I'm not normally one for futzing/modding/working on these figures too much, I'd rather not take my chances ruining something this expensive. Without much experience I had been hesitating to do it, but I guess I'll try it out on my Anakin in the coming days. Thanks earthdog.

Back