Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In honor of the last episode, I reposed my Luke and took some new shots this weekend.

Watching the episode on Friday was amazing. I luckily didn't get spoiled beforehand, so while it wasn't entirely unexpected, it was still surprising. It was great to see Luke in his prime. While there was that nagging little voice in the back of my head thinking this is just pure fan service and he seems overpowered, it didn't take away from the giddiness inside me seeing him on the screen again.
Over the summer, I read the Thrawn trilogy novels and just recently the Dark Empire comics, which really took me back to that OT excitement. Luke in ROTJ is my favourite look of his. Reading the Thrawn books, this was exactly how I visualized Luke - clad in black, wearing both the robes and the belt, and his cloak. In fact, I even had him posed like that for a while a few months ago. :lol Seeing him live on screen exactly like this was just great, and it makes me love the figure even more.
The CGI didn't bother me one bit I have to say. It's just a limitation of technology, and this being a series, I imagine the budget does not reach movie heights. The mere fact that they did this in the first place and seeing Luke as a full Jedi Master wielding the force like this was amazing.

Anyway, here are the shots. The second shot is in Joost's fantastic Death Star dio, where he will now stay on display for a while. :wink1: The lightsaber glow was achieved with a flashlight.

IMG_4771_small.jpg

IMG_4802_3_small.jpg

That body double looks too much like Justin bieber to be seriously considered as a new Luke Skywalker.

I'm in the Sebastian Stan camp...at 38 he'd be perfect as an older more mature version after the evets of ROJ...

View attachment 501906

I would also have preferred Stan to the body double but he is 5?11? where Hamill and the double are both 5?7?. Unless they do some creative camera work, which has been done before. I don?t see Stan ever standing in for a young Hamill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so against recasting Han for the longest time but more and more I appreciate what Alden did and would be completely up for Sebastian?s take on the character, honour it but do not try to do an impersonation.

Why is she listed as executive producer if she?s not associated or deserved of the Mandalorian success?

Where?s your proof she single handedly decided to characterize the OT characters in the ST? She hired the directors but she didn?t tell them what to create or write.

Galaxys edge was going to capitalize on the ST popularity, at the time it made the best business sense since this was before the fan division over the ST.

?While working on The Lion King (2019), a photo-realistic remake of the 1994 animated film, in 2017, director Jon Favreau pitched an idea he had for a Star Wars television series to Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. Kennedy suggested Favreau discuss the idea with Dave Filoni, executive producer on the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.[32]?

"Kathy Kennedy and Lucasfilm came up with the idea ? it wasn't mine ? of an episodic Star Wars series called The Mandalorian, done by Jon Favreau."

So you can thank Kennedy for suggesting/permitting Favreau to talk with Filoni.

Oh, this might be facts, but some random dude on youtube says otherwise!

In honor of the last episode, I reposed my Luke and took some new shots this weekend.

Watching the episode on Friday was amazing. I luckily didn't get spoiled beforehand, so while it wasn't entirely unexpected, it was still surprising. It was great to see Luke in his prime. While there was that nagging little voice in the back of my head thinking this is just pure fan service and he seems overpowered, it didn't take away from the giddiness inside me seeing him on the screen again.
Over the summer, I read the Thrawn trilogy novels and just recently the Dark Empire comics, which really took me back to that OT excitement. Luke in ROTJ is my favourite look of his. Reading the Thrawn books, this was exactly how I visualized Luke - clad in black, wearing both the robes and the belt, and his cloak. In fact, I even had him posed like that for a while a few months ago. :lol Seeing him live on screen exactly like this was just great, and it makes me love the figure even more.
The CGI didn't bother me one bit I have to say. It's just a limitation of technology, and this being a series, I imagine the budget does not reach movie heights. The mere fact that they did this in the first place and seeing Luke as a full Jedi Master wielding the force like this was amazing.

Anyway, here are the shots. The second shot is in Joost's fantastic Death Star dio, where he will now stay on display for a while. :wink1: The lightsaber glow was achieved with a flashlight.

View attachment 501911

View attachment 501912

Fantastic :clap

View attachment 501911

View attachment 501912

Really bada** shots! Bespin Luke is my personal fav look but this is a verrry close second. Bravo

That body double looks too much like Justin bieber to be seriously considered as a new Luke Skywalker.

I'm in the Sebastian Stan camp...at 38 he'd be perfect as an older more mature version after the evets of ROJ...

View attachment 501906

Yep. He's been my choice for some time, as well. It is freaky to see how close he looks like a younger MH.

Fantastic photos, agonistes86!!

I think the body double in the show looks close enough to Mark to play him without CG, just needs creative makeup and even a tiny bit of prosthetic if at all.

Yep. He's been my choice for some time, as well. It is freaky to see how close he looks like a younger MH.

I admittedly hate recasting for SW, but I'd be in support of Sebastian Stan given his close resemblance to Hamill and after seeing some of his other work outside Marvel. He's got talent and a nice range, and really is the perfect age for post-ROTJ Luke.

It would also imply that they're going to do something meaty with him if they cast him (rather than a brief cameo) -- Luke probably had some awesome adventures waiting to be told on screen.

Yeah, I’m in the SS camp as well for the reasons mentioned above. Though the CGI was a little off in the cameo, that’s not really what I was focused on tbh. I was just happy to see Luke in an awesome post RotJ portrayal. I actually thought the Leia CGI in R1 was worse. Tarkin was the best.

But if they were to give Luke more screen time for something in the future, I’d be in the SS camp for his portrayal.

View attachment 501911

View attachment 501912

Very nice!

my guess is they are going to do a grogu/luke movie that hits theaters prior to disney + to try to squeeze money from the baby yoda and old guard star wars fans.

I have the deluxe version of ROTJ Luke, I just need a black cloak haha

Unreal is doing one. Looks outstanding.

132368288_165017985374655_4548117998583794994_n (1).jpg

my guess is they are going to do a grogu/luke movie that hits theaters prior to disney + to try to squeeze money from the baby yoda and old guard star wars fans.

Without recast it is impossible. With budget they have, they barely managed to have decent CGI for a do-not-move-if-not-necessary face.

Man, that cloak looks awesome but $100 shipped to the US is a bit steep for me atm for a cloak. Definitely cool, though.

Fantastic :clap

Really bada** shots! Bespin Luke is my personal fav look but this is a verrry close second. Bravo

Very nice!

Thanks, guys! :wave

Unreal is doing one. Looks outstanding.

That cape looks great. I have his wired Returns Batman cape and it's really great quality, well worth the price IMO. I'd love to get this, but it would just be an expensive accessory that I'd only use from time to time, so I'll skip.

Back