Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful your fragile masculinity is showing.

People just cannot accept KK is a fantastic producer, with a huge string of hits under her belt.

All because of one film series essentially.

She is responsible for the return of Luke just as much as the female led raid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, once KK had her own set of crayons, the sky was the limit.

ajektMx.png

No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans.

And no one hates Star Wars fans more than other Star Wars fans.:dunno

"Star Wars Time" is one the major nitpicks that I had about the PT. Only 30 years had elapsed between the PT and ST, but it felt like the aesthetics and design of the ships and technology were so different and clean from the OT. For a civilization that advanced, technology wouldn't be that different in a 30 year time span. Sure, the galactic civil war would have some effect on that, but it still felt like we went from 1980's to 1950's automobiles. I blame this on Lucas wanting to "American Graffiti" the prequels.

As disappointing as the ST was, at least I felt that aesthetically it still fit with the OT. Probably the nicest complement I can pay to the ST.

I know we are talking apples an oranges, but if you look at the cars and buildings on earth, between the 1930's and 1970's you will see what Lucas was going for. Swoopy and sexy earlier on, boxy and clunky later
I could say, how did we go from this:
url

5359824aaec84f949f1bad7594691f4e.jpg
To this, in only 40 years?

mercedes-s-class-first-gen-review-1024x555.jpg

It's the difference between bespoke/handmade, and factory made.
That's the difference i see in the OT and PT eras. The Empire and Rebellion pumped those boxy machines out but only 40 years before, most craft looked bespoke and hand made.
Also, you are forgetting that the PT locales were pretty much the same during the OT. We just never saw them because the OT was kind of set off on the edge of things, due to the Empire controlling the central systems.
url

People just cannot accept KK is a fantastic producer, with a huge string of hits under her belt.

giphy.gif

LOL. Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

But just in case, no "fragile masculinity" here. Just some good old fashioned common sense.

She's hardly responsible for the return of Luke or the female led raid, let alone the success of this series.

Careful, your feminine side is showing... :wink1:

A completely ridiculous statement. And you know it.

I wonder what it must be like to go through life this fixated on a woman who runs a production studio that you will never have any personal involvement with.

I wonder what it must be like to go through life this fixated on a woman who runs a production studio that you will never have any personal involvement with.

You have been making dumb comments like this here presumably since 2006, you tell me?

Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing at this point. I don't think anyone is unsusceptible to criticism but this constant dogging of her when it goes 'bad' and praise for her contemporaries (of who in many cases was vetted and chosen by her) is weird.

Actually xipotec is right, all of this since 2012 is KK doing, good or bad is her responsible.

:goodpost:

She may be an excellent producer and what's now coming to Diney+ is to put to her credit. Still, she is clearly lacking a real passion for the (Star Wars) licence. She's be around long enough to "know" Star Wars but not to "understand" Star Wars. At least now how a lot of fans "see" Star Wars. She managed the sequel as a brand, trying to make it profitable as quickly as possible and make it appealing to an audience as wide as possible. They put all the ingredients needed for a Star Wars movie in the sequel but they lacked the chef(s) that new the recipe to make it taste good.

She got involved in quite a few storms as well (Trank, Edwards/Gilroy, Lord/Miller, Trevorrow). She either put her faith in the wrong people or failed to clearly state what she was after in those projects and was unable to fall on the same page with those directors.

Botching the three icons (Han, Luke and Leia) send off is a stain on her r?sum? that will take a lot of effort to be forgotten/forgiven... and that's coming from a fan that appreciated 5 out of the 6 movies released under her watch.

You have been making dumb comments like this here presumably since 2006, you tell me?

This is literally the "I know you are, but what am I?" of responses.

Is it even possible to have threads that don't eventually breakdown into "Kathleen Kennedy ruined Star Wars and my entire childhood!"?

Last edited:
She may be an excellent producer and what's now coming to Diney+ is to put to her credit. Still, she is clearly lacking a real passion for the (Star Wars) licence. She's be around long enough to "know" Star Wars but not to "understand" Star Wars. At least now how a lot of fans "see" Star Wars. She managed the sequel as a brand, trying to make it profitable as quickly as possible and make it appealing to an audience as wide as possible. They put all the ingredients needed for a Star Wars movie in the sequel but they lacked the chef(s) that new the recipe to make it taste good.

She got involved in quite a few storms as well (Trank, Edwards/Gilroy, Lord/Miller, Trevorrow). She either put her faith in the wrong people or failed to clearly state what she was after in those projects and was unable to fall on the same page with those directors.

Botching the three icons (Han, Luke and Leia) send off is a stain on her r?sum? that will take a lot of effort to be forgotten/forgiven... and that's coming from a fan that appreciated 5 out of the 6 movies released under her watch.

Actually KK biggest mistake was trusting JJ, it was him did a bad job.....

Yeah this fixation just seems so damn childish to me. If people have a problem with the ST then the blame should be put on the actual writers and directors of those movies. But because Kennedy wore a "Force is Female" shirt once (the horror!) suddenly these people have made it their mission in life to attack her. Lol

Well, i gotta say i enjoyed TFA give or take a few choices. Not that i trust JJ's ability to write a full trilogy and come up with a compelling conclusion but, would he have had the courage to stay at the helm of all three movies, i'd probably be at peace right now with the sequel where today i can't even enjoy 7 & 8 because 9 doesn't make sense to me.

Well, i gotta say i enjoyed TFA give or take a few choices. Not that i trust JJ's ability to write a full trilogy and come up with a compelling conclusion but, would he have had the courage to stay at the helm of all three movies, i'd probably be at peace right now with the sequel where today i can't even enjoy 7 & 8 because 9 doesn't make sense to me.

But thats the thing, JJ made the beginning of the story, he made Finn a janitor Oo
If the end of the Sequels was the Last Jedi, for me it would work as a masterpiece, RJ ending is way better than JJ in ROS.

I think the biggest mistake was letting Rian aka Ruin Johnson do whatever he wanted to do with the Last Jedi pretty much destroying everything that was established TFA and also the toxic treatment of longtime fans by LFL.

Some new behind-the-scenes footage of deepfake Leia giving deepfake Luke elocution lessons before cameras started rolling:

tumblr_oigx1a66yC1uxb6ajo5_r1_540.gif

tenor.gif

But thats the thing, JJ made the beginning of the story, he made Finn a janitor Oo
If the end of the Sequels was the Last Jedi, for me it would work as a masterpiece, RJ ending is way better than JJ in ROS.

I agree the TLJ does almost act like a middle and end act in one movie because of the tone of the ending. It?s almost like Rian wanted to cram his own trilogy in his movie that?s why he reinterpreted TFA. He still left a wide opportunity for creative freedom by changing the stakes and freeing Rey and Kylo to move forward unshackled by the past. Unfortunately or I guess fortunately for some TRoS played it safe and predictable.

Back