Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured it wouldn't take long for the Youtubers to do their thing. The mouth movements may not be totally right but at least he's far more recognizable as Mark Hamill.

Well the stand in that did the body double for Luke looks way off of Mark ..they had to do heavily CGI Hamill’s voiceover because the guy had a different type of jaw than Mark’s .

I still think the CGI was better than Cavill’s JL Superman CGI and that was actually Henry . I don’t get why people think Luke’s CG was so bad :dunno

Wonder how long before they quietly make changes to improve the CGI on the actual episode. Didn't take long to edit out "jeans guy" from Chapter 12, but this is far more complicated.

I read from Favreau himself, that Mark was the one there delivering the dialogue and they used the CGI tech used on Pacino and DeNiro for The Irishman.

Well the stand in that did the body double for Luke looks way off of Mark ..they had to do heavily CGI Hamill?s voiceover because the guy had a different type of jaw than Mark?s .

I still think the CGI was better than Cavill?s JL Superman CGI and that was actually Henry . I don?t get why people think Luke?s CG was so bad :dunno

My sentiments as well. As I’ve said before, it wasn’t perfect, but analyzing the CGI 100% wasn’t on my mind when I saw that scene. However I do admit I was like “uh oh, what’s this going to be” when he began removing his hood. :lol

But there certainly have been bigger CGI blunders. Cavill for sure as you said, and that was actually Cavill. I also think the Leia CGI at the end of R1 was worse (not Cavill, Luke). I remember during that scene thinking it was cool that Leia had a cameo when they showed her from the back, which I personally felt was all that was needed. When they were going to show her face, I remember thinking “don’t do it, don’t do it.” :lol

I think Leia during the training scene with Luke in flashback of TROS looks the worst of them all.

I read from Favreau himself, that Mark was the one there delivering the dialogue and they used the CGI tech used on Pacino and DeNiro for The Irishman.

Apparently he didn't watch it cause the CGI in that was bad. These deepfakes on Youtube are fantastic. But in all honesty, Sebastian Stan should've been in it and a movie with him as Luke should have been announced already. Just goes to show that Kennedy HATES OT characters.

Well the stand in that did the body double for Luke looks way off of Mark ..they had to do heavily CGI Hamill?s voiceover because the guy had a different type of jaw than Mark?s .

I still think the CGI was better than Cavill?s JL Superman CGI and that was actually Henry . I don?t get why people think Luke?s CG was so bad :dunno

I'm glad others had no problem immediately seeing Luke, but honestly even with the outfit and hairstyle I was still scratching my head the entire time thinking "So is this supposed to be Luke??"

I think Leia during the training scene with Luke in flashback of TROS looks the worst of them all.

That was a clear given.. it was revealed they chose and used the expression she had during the Endor scene when Luke walked away from Leia after revealing Vader was his father and so Leia was very sad . They said they wanted a moment like that to capture the emotion she had in the flashback.

So I can see why that CGI effect was ruined since Carrie was originally crying in the original ROTJ scene and they had to make it look like she was disturbed and worried in the TROS flashback. :lecture

I'm glad others had no problem immediately seeing Luke, but honestly even with the outfit and hairstyle I was still scratching my head the entire time thinking "So is this supposed to be Luke??"

I’ll try to find the picture online that was his stand in double..don’t know why they got this guy ..I know Sebastian Stan wasn’t available..but who agreed to use this guy is beyond me :dunno

I’ll try to find the picture online that was his stand in double..don’t know why they got this guy ..I know Sebastian Stan wasn’t available..but who agreed to use this guy is beyond me :dunno

Sebastian Stan is 6 feet tall, an inch taller than Mando himself. The guy they used was the same height and stature as Hamill.

Sebastian Stan is 6 feet tall, an inch taller than Mando himself. The guy they used was the same height and stature as Hamill.

The guy they got for Solo is 5'9". I don't think it's a real concern if you're throwing actors around the person who have never been on screen together before. Maybe that's why they went with the shorter casting for Lando and Qira though.

The guy they got for Solo is 5'9". I don't think it's a real concern if you're throwing actors around the person who have never been on screen together before. Maybe that's why they went with the shorter casting for Lando and Qira though.

Yeah. I thought Alden did a great job but I cringe every time I see him looking up to Woody Harrelson. Chewie is also shorter than Mayhew so at least he and Alden Han aren't too far off from OT Han and Chewie together.

My sentiments as well. As I?ve said before, it wasn?t perfect, but analyzing the CGI 100% wasn?t on my mind when I saw that scene. However I do admit I was like ?uh oh, what?s this going to be? when he began removing his hood. :lol

But there certainly have been bigger CGI blunders. Cavill for sure as you said, and that was actually Cavill. I also think the Leia CGI at the end of R1 was worse (not Cavill, Luke). I remember during that scene thinking it was cool that Leia had a cameo when they showed her from the back, which I personally felt was all that was needed. When they were going to show her face, I remember thinking ?don?t do it, don?t do it.? :lol
I had the exact same reaction! They could have saved themselves a few hundred thousand dollars by just using the body double filmed from the back. That would have been perfect and then saved her actual "reveal" for A New Hope. Oh well.

Back