Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to soak Jabba's Palace Luke robe and it left a light stain on the neck. Any advice regarding a safe way to remove it?

Edit: for anyone else with a stain issue, a lot of internet advice says to apply zit cream to the stained area let it dry and then gently heat it with blow dryer. Then simply wipe it off. Will see how it goes.

I forgot to soak Jabba's Palace Luke robe and it left a light stain on the neck. Any advice regarding a safe way to remove it?

Edit: for anyone else with a stain issue, a lot of internet advice says to apply zit cream to the stained area let it dry and then gently heat it with blow dryer. Then simply wipe it off. Will see how it goes.

So no stain from the black shirt's collar but stain from the robe hood?

So no stain from the black shirt's collar but stain from the robe hood?

Yes I believe so because there is not a stain on others with the same costume without the robe. It isn't a huge issue because it's not really visible when the head is pegged in, but you can see it when the head is pulled off the body. I'm in the process of trying to remove the stain, but apparently it can take multiple attempts to fully clean it off. I'll update again tomorrow.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. I have probably applied and removed Clearasil 10 times now. The spot on the neck is nearly gone, but there is still a mark under his chin that is much more stubborn. It may take several more applications but I think I can get it. Even if I can't it's in a place you won't see it unless the sculpt is removed from the body.

Bummer. Can you post a pic?
Sorry for the lack of updates. Here is the current progress after many(probably 30 or so) applications. The stain on the neck is completely gone. There is still a very faint stain under his chin that barely shows in the pic below. I am confident after a few more applications the chin stain will vanish as well, it is steadily fading out and much less prominent than before. So the process does indeed work but requires patience.
c1ee0ba5b87662c210e6cacf0944d235.jpg
815b4dd70a2f8a221e5c963a67957d30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I received a dyed anakin hand a while back and never got my replacement from bbts so I'll try this method and see if it works thanks for experimenting lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the lack of updates. Here is the current progress after many(probably 30 or so) applications. The stain on the neck is completely gone. There is still a very faint stain under his chin that barely shows in the pic below. I am confident after a few more applications the chin stain will vanish as well, it is steadily fading out and much less prominent than before. So the process does indeed work but requires patience.
c1ee0ba5b87662c210e6cacf0944d235.jpg
815b4dd70a2f8a221e5c963a67957d30.jpg

That's pretty good, do you mind sharing exactly what product you used?

Yeah, thanks for posting (and also curious what the exact clearasil product looks like) but jeez - why can't HT set their own dyed fabrics so they don't stain heads?

[emoji38] Here it is. I don't know how long it has sat in a drawer. Apparently the important thing is that the kind you use have 10% benzoyl peroxide. I just apply a thin amount with my finger and let it sit for at least an hour. Then I put heat on it with a blow dryer. Then I let it sit for at least another hour and then remove it with cotton medical gauze. The process has been slow but effective.
42e054a5d242ccd6fb5f9502854c56ec.jpg

I remember my Starlord scarf did wonders soaking up his hicky marks on the neck from the coat over a few months with scarf in place.

Does anyone happen to have Luke’s Brown Cloak for sale? Or know where to buy one, even a custom one? I’m kind of desperate at this point. I’d really like it for my Deluxe Luke. Tried the 1/6th parts sites, sold out. Nothing on eBay. Didn’t see anything in the sales threads. SSC robe I have is too big.

[emoji38] Here it is. I don't know how long it has sat in a drawer. Apparently the important thing is that the kind you use have 10% benzoyl peroxide. I just apply a thin amount with my finger and let it sit for at least an hour. Then I put heat on it with a blow dryer. Then I let it sit for at least another hour and then remove it with cotton medical gauze. The process has been slow but effective.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200428/42e054a5d242ccd6fb5f9502854c56ec.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks for the update. Quick question. Are you rubbing the product into the stain during these applications or just covering it with the light coat and gently wiping it off with the cotton after the application?

Nice! Thanks for the update. Quick question. Are you rubbing the product into the stain during these applications or just covering it with the light coat and gently wiping it off with the cotton after the application?

Just gently applying a thin amount across the top of the stain with my finger. Not actually friction rubbing it in. After applying heat it kinda cakes on but the cotton gauze takes it off pretty easily with just a bit of pressure. There is no damage done whatsoever to the paint and I have repeated the process many times. I'll take another pic if I can get it completely gone, and it seems to be close as the stain is very faint now.

Just gently applying a thin amount across the top of the stain with my finger. Not actually friction rubbing it in. After applying heat it kinda cakes on but the cotton gauze takes it off pretty easily with just a bit of pressure. There is no damage done whatsoever to the paint and I have repeated the process many times. I'll take another pic if I can get it completely gone, and it seems to be close as the stain is very faint now.

So you aren't using rubbing alcohol or something to clean off the Clearsil residue at all? And not even a water-dampened cloth, just a dry cotton gauze?

So you aren't using rubbing alcohol or something to clean off the Clearsil residue at all? And not even a water-dampened cloth, just a dry cotton gauze?
Yes sir, technically it's just a dry medical 4x4. Pic below.
1bb67897d5567402569fb1c85b78f689.jpg

So for anyone still looking for/wanting black gloved right hand options for their HT Jedi Luke, since HT only gave us the gloved fist, there's another option for you. I gave up trying to get hands from the SS deluxe or the newer HT Endor version Jedi Luke as they were always gone in minutes. Plus there most likely won't be many restocks as the HT deluxe is sold out from SS and I'm sure the regular non deluxe won't be far behind. And again, it's near impossible to secure a set from TA unless your on the minute they are listed.

I picked up 3 loose hands from the SS Red Skull figure from TA. They are black gloved hands and came as an open hand for holding the cosmic cube (which looks like a force hand), a gripping hand (would work for his lightsaber) and a gun holding hand (for his blaster). They are just a tad bit bigger than the HT hands, but all in all look great on the figure. They come with red pegs (with a larger ball joint), but work well with the standard HT hand pegs.

I got the last set they had at $2 a piece, but worth watching for a TA restock if interested. Well worth the $6. I had previously bought a HT Royal Guard gripping right hand, but it was a bit too large, and of course it was the dark red color of the guards (I had planned on painting it black if it worked).

Here's a pic of the 3 Red Skull gloved hands compared to the included HT Luke hands

Untitled4.jpg

And here's a crappy phone pic of the open hand on Luke (with the other 2 hands below him next to the original gloved fist hand).

Untitled5.jpg

Back