Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good.
I have so many black gripping right hands I have picked up just for this figure and recently just picked up a set of those same gloves hands for some Imperial Officers. I?ll save one of the rights and add it to the Possible-Luke-Saber-Gripping Hand stash for whenever I get to displaying him.
Good to know that the RG hand is too big... take him out of the pile :D

I am using gloved hands from the Batman Begins special edition from years ago. The are simple gloved hands that work well with Luke.

you can also try HT Darth Maul

I have the HT Darth Maul too (if you look at my pic his ex hologram is on the obi-wan table with Sidious & Anakin). His gloves are a bit more stylized and thicker than just plain black gloves since they are meant to be part of a full gauntlet like Vader. So for me they didn't look right, or accurate enough for Jedi Luke.

Plus I still would've needed to get some extras as I don't like to use parts from one of my figures for another so they don't start to get mixed up. :cuckoo:

XYcRtPN.jpg

VjxMIv3.jpg

I'm looking to get ROTJ Luke MMS429. Are there two versions of this one or is MMS429 the most recent one besides the Endor Luke? Does one have a better likeness to ROTJ Luke vs. the other?

Edit: now I see there is a MMS517. Can someone please provide some thoughts on which ROTJ Luke might have the best likeness? My main display idea is dueling with Vader in the Emperor's Throne Room.

Thanks.

The sculpts are all pretty much the same sculpt with slight alterations in expressions or eye direction. Biggest difference is the newest Luke (the deluxe) is skinnier while the first one has a bit of a fat suit under him that makes him look a little puffy.

1. Is the difference between the bodies significant enough to where it would be noticeable if you did not have them side by side to compare? Reason being, I could get the first one for less money than the deluxe.

2. Does the HT Endor Luke Endor outfit come off to reveal the Emperor Throne room outfit?

3. Is the HT Endor Luke the same body and sculpt as the deluxe RotJ Luke?

Thanks!

The bodies are all the same on them. The 429 has a thicker padded suit overall and some peoples looked thicker than others. The bad thing about the outfit if you take out the padding is that you will have to tighten up the suit a bit because it looks too baggy. They repainted the eyes to look to the left or the right instead of straight ahead on the Endor and the deluxe. I have the first release and I love it but its not perfect but I wanted a Jabba's palace look. As far as the throne room look they all can achieve it i think.

The bodies are all the same on them. The 429 has a thicker padded suit overall and some peoples looked thicker than others. The bad thing about the outfit if you take out the padding is that you will have to tighten up the suit a bit because it looks too baggy. They repainted the eyes to look to the left or the right instead of straight ahead on the Endor and the deluxe. I have the first release and I love it but its not perfect but I wanted a Jabba's palace look. As far as the throne room look they all can achieve it i think.

I did that on a loose suit i bought from TA. I just took it in a little at the sides and back. It was easy enough.
But i wouldn't have done it on a MISB Luke, lol. I only did it on a loose costume.

1. Does the Endor Luke have a fat suit or was it corrected for that release?
2. Since the Deluxe comes with a 2nd head sculpt, is it relatively simple to buy a new body and make a second figure?

Thanks

1. The second Luke is corrected. He may still have a fat suit, but it is correctly sized.

2. Should be easy. You may need to buy the correct adaptor for the head and body, depending on what you purchased.

1. By "second Endor Luke" I am referring to this one: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-endor-hot-toys-904247
If it still has a fat suit, how is it also correctly sized?

2. Are the differences between the three pretty much as follows:
- MMS429 original RotJ Luke with the the fat suit and the benefit of this one is the Jaba Palace outfit
- MMS517 updated RotJ Luke with Deluxe accessories, no fat suit, though missing Jaba Palace Outfit
- Endor Luke MMS516 Luke with no fat suit, basic accessories and Emperor Throne Room outfit

Thanks!

I did that on a loose suit i bought from TA. I just took it in a little at the sides and back. It was easy enough.
But i wouldn't have done it on a MISB Luke, lol. I only did it on a loose costume.

You showed pictures of that didn't you? I remember someone posting them and they did look really good. Since I have mine with the cloak for Jabba's palace i never altered mine. He is a little on the thick side but not as bad as some I have seen.

You showed pictures of that didn't you? I remember someone posting them and they did look really good. Since I have mine with the cloak for Jabba's palace i never altered mine. He is a little on the thick side but not as bad as some I have seen.

I did, but it would take ages for me to find the post on here what with the search not working.
As luck would have it, I?m sitting at my bench at work, and the figure is here so I have taken a couple of pics.
The suit tunic was taken in along the side seams from waist to armpit, and the head was drybrushed with Tamiya wooden deck tan XF-78. It was all put on an Easy&Simple neckless body and I made the belt myself(I wasn?t able to find one parted out).
The studs were pinheads and the lightsaber hook was made from a bra strap hook.

8cadd7759821d2d3622d0764aeb758a3.jpg

fbbe925db06deca8469f1fdb98f0a225.jpg

ad86c40e780d366b96d34a05b6f6030c.jpg

Looks very cool username. The suit being reworked looks much better than the baggy ones after the fatsuit was removed. Jedi outfit was not baggy in the movie but not skintight and I think yours looks like the outfit in the movie. If I had more room I would do a throne room duel look but I love the cloak and have the Jabba's palace look.

1. By "second Endor Luke" I am referring to this one: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-endor-hot-toys-904247
If it still has a fat suit, how is it also correctly sized?

2. Are the differences between the three pretty much as follows:
- MMS429 original RotJ Luke with the the fat suit and the benefit of this one is the Jaba Palace outfit
- MMS517 updated RotJ Luke with Deluxe accessories, no fat suit, though missing Jaba Palace Outfit
- Endor Luke MMS516 Luke with no fat suit, basic accessories and Emperor Throne Room outfit

Thanks!

MMS516 Luke is this one - Endor regular (not dx) https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84822
I have it and the black suit could use some taking in for the throne room look. Not bad but it's a little puffy. It did come with the tunic he has on the sail barge.

Any advice anybody has for modding this one, I'd love to hear.

MMS516 Luke is this one - Endor regular (not dx) https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84822
I have it and the black suit could use some taking in for the throne room look. Not bad but it's a little puffy. It did come with the tunic he has on the sail barge.

Any advice anybody has for modding this one, I'd love to hear.

The tunic is easy to mod. If you want some tips, send me a PM and I’ll go over what I did so we don’t have to clog up the thread.

Back