Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tunic is easy to mod. If you want some tips, send me a PM and I?ll go over what I did so we don?t have to clog up the thread.

Hope you don?t mind I would also be curious how you did yours too.

Sent from a point in space and time.

1. By "second Endor Luke" I am referring to this one: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-endor-hot-toys-904247
If it still has a fat suit, how is it also correctly sized?

2. Are the differences between the three pretty much as follows:
- MMS429 original RotJ Luke with the the fat suit and the benefit of this one is the Jaba Palace outfit
- MMS517 updated RotJ Luke with Deluxe accessories, no fat suit, though missing Jaba Palace Outfit
- Endor Luke MMS516 Luke with no fat suit, basic accessories and Emperor Throne Room outfit

Thanks!

The later Lukes have a different fat suit to the first Luke - not no fat suit. The key difference is that the V.2 fatsuit is cut away from the body's pec muscle bulges, whereas the V.1 the fatsuit goes out over the pecs more, creating a broader look. Also, the leg parts on the V.2 fatsuit are much thinner than the V.1.

Do you guys think that change the fat suit stock v1 to the fat suit v2 is gonna look any difference(less bulky) in the v1 figure?

Do you guys think that change the fat suit stock v1 to the fat suit v2 is gonna look any difference(less bulky) in the v1 figure?

I did it, but I actually bought the V.2 outfit as well as the fat suit. There were subtle/minor differences between my V.1 and V.2 black pants/shirts but it could have just been the normal variations of hand-sewn items. One difference that I noticed was that the white flap fabric (the part that you can position folded down so you see the white or up so its just black) seemed crisper and the corner sharper on the V.2 so it improved the throne room look.

I will say the V.2 has a more noticeable difference on the legs than the torso/chest because the V.1 fat suit has a much thicker material over the legs than the V.2.

I can dig up a pic of my Luke with the V.2 fatsuit and outfit.

I did it, but I actually bought the V.2 outfit as well as the fat suit. There were subtle/minor differences between my V.1 and V.2 black pants/shirts but it could have just been the normal variations of hand-sewn items. One difference that I noticed was that the white flap fabric (the part that you can position folded down so you see the white or up so its just black) seemed crisper and the corner sharper on the V.2 so it improved the throne room look.

I will say the V.2 has a more noticeable difference on the legs than the torso/chest because the V.1 fat suit has a much thicker material over the legs than the V.2.

I can dig up a pic of my Luke with the V.2 fatsuit and outfit.

Thanks it would help a lot , i am thinking in just change the v1 fat suit to the v2 fat suit

I swapped out the fat suits and both the top and trousers ended up being too baggy, the trousers especially so around the waist, so I ended up pinching them all in around the back to take up a lot of the slack.

After a longer break, I finally picked up the Thrawn trilogy again, currently reading the third and final book. Of course, it got me back in an OT mood, so I had some fun posing Jedi Luke. Going for an EU look outfit wise, with the belt over his sash.
I went for a pose of alertness/cautious readiness. Right hand on hilt and ready for some force manipulation, depending on how the situation unfolds.

IMG_3080_2_small.jpg

After a longer break, I finally picked up the Thrawn trilogy again, currently reading the third and final book. Of course, it got me back in an OT mood, so I had some fun posing Jedi Luke. Going for an EU look outfit wise, with the belt over his sash.
I went for a pose of alertness/cautious readiness. Right hand on hilt and ready for some force manipulation, depending on how the situation unfolds.

View attachment 493311

Dude please tell me what did you do to your v1 luke, the fitting of the clothes is gorgeous. Show us what you did to achieve this.

I swapped out the fat suits and both the top and trousers ended up being too baggy, the trousers especially so around the waist, so I ended up pinching them all in around the back to take up a lot of the slack.

You mean you totally removed the fat suit or swapped it to a different fatsuit?

and whered you get that open gloved hand?

If you check Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot when they part out figures, and search for "glove". Sometimes, you can luck out and get a posed glove hand that could work for something like this.
There are loads of figures, especially third party manufacturers that have good gloved hands.

Dude please tell me what did you do to your v1 luke, the fitting of the clothes is gorgeous. Show us what you did to achieve this.

Thanks! Luke is essentially stock, with two changes done: trimming down the fatsuit in some places, and extending the neck.
Extending the neck is the most important part IMO, it changes the overall proportions so much more than you would expect. The same is the case for HT Darth Maul, where extending the neck makes a world of difference.
For the fatsuit, it did that back when I first received Luke, but I think what I did was remove the padding from the stomach area, and cutting some of the padding around the shoulder area. I actually got a V2 shirt that I want to re-sew to pull the shoulders in more, so it's more form-fitting. Once I start that, I can take some shots of the bodysuit underneath. The outer vest hides the bagginess of the bodysuit quite well though.

and whered you get that open gloved hand?

It's from the SS V2 Darth Maul. As Username said, you can get quite a lot of different gloved hands from toy anxiety every once in a while. I got several different ones a while back to try out (e.g. Ghostface from Scream). The Maul hands are my preferred option though in terms of sculpt and gesture.

Great shot. :clap

Thanks!

Thanks! Luke is essentially stock, with two changes done: trimming down the fatsuit in some places, and extending the neck.
Extending the neck is the most important part IMO, it changes the overall proportions so much more than you would expect. The same is the case for HT Darth Maul, where extending the neck makes a world of difference.
For the fatsuit, it did that back when I first received Luke, but I think what I did was remove the padding from the stomach area, and cutting some of the padding around the shoulder area. I actually got a V2 shirt that I want to re-sew to pull the shoulders in more, so it's more form-fitting. Once I start that, I can take some shots of the bodysuit underneath. The outer vest hides the bagginess of the bodysuit quite well though.

It's from the SS V2 Darth Maul. As Username said, you can get quite a lot of different gloved hands from toy anxiety every once in a while. I got several different ones a while back to try out (e.g. Ghostface from Scream). The Maul hands are my preferred option though in terms of sculpt and gesture.

Thanks!

How can i stand the neck piece?
It would be great to have a photo of this modded fatsuit
Thanks

Back