Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35900981825_472ac7b394_o.png

35512815250_604d2d30e5_o.png

Luke looks great there ^^^

Vader's clearly ROTJ (from his chest box, belt boxes and chin grill) and the Emperor's robe sure looks different than my SS one.

I've always believed SDCC will have Jedi Luke, ROTJ Vader and Emperor... now maybe the throne chair too. And a Royal Guard?

The pleats are arguable since they look different scene to scene but the chest box is an ROTJ because it is missing two greeblies that are present on ESB Vader.

Admittedly the chestbox camfer looks more like ESB but that could be limitation of scale where they could not get the camfer exact.

The cape hook whole an integral part of ROTJ actually also appears on ESB in some scene.

Here is my very own WIP ROTJ costume. The only thing wrong is the helmet which is an ESB an the chestbox which is a Rubies ROTS.

Everything else is correct to an ROTJ
3a503ab5dbcf5030beb1b6b6292a73be.jpg

Very nice costume! You're right about the chest box but i'd like to see a cape-hook on the chest armor and the wee belt stud...hopefully these are rectified along with the dome before the full reveal....

Sold all of my Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 years ago and this is amazing!

The Empire Leia is going to be my first Star Wars Hot Toys. This looks just as awesome! Another Definite Preorder!

Looks very good, but I have to withhold judgement until the production piece is revealed. We've been burned with great looking Hamill prototypes before:

IMG_0056.JPG

Is there a reason Hot Toys jumped straight to Return of the Jedi for Luke (instead of making an Empire version like they did with Leia)?

IIRC, SSC produced some Empire figures for Luke so perhaps there were agreements made not to overlap/cannibalize the sales each other's figures.

I'm glad there's no EX version of ROTJ Luke. Cuts down on my decision making on where I can buy the figure and avoid the $20 SSC shipping fee - unbelievable considering I live in the same state as SSC and the speed isn't even that fast.

a22b27526e3729472ef8b0a324c8b95f.jpg

If you are serious you should google Hot Toys DX07

Although I try not to use stands I like that HT is also upping their hame with their stands. Just a quick comparison to Sideshow Luke Stand vs Hot Toys.

20017646_10154681305632344_7582485791707547738_o.jpg

vs

s-l300.jpg

Ugh...it is getting hard to remain an imperials only collector. First Hoth Leia, and now this.

a22b27526e3729472ef8b0a324c8b95f.jpg

If you are serious you should google Hot Toys DX07

:lol you got me!

Please excuse my ignorance - my 1:6 collection started relatively recently (in 2014), with the DX07 predating me by a couple years but no excuse not to google like you mentioned.

Perhaps I should rephrase this by saying Hot Toys should re-release (or improve) the DX07 Empire Luke for those who are new to the hobby or for those who were unable to acquire one during its' initial run.

Although I try not to use stands I like that HT is also upping their hame with their stands. Just a quick comparison to Sideshow Luke Stand vs Hot Toys.

View attachment 352618

vs

View attachment 352619
:lol and that's even a nicer Sideshow base. Most of the time it's that same octagon shape only all black. My only problem with the Hot Toys base is I'm not sure why they insist on these cardboard covers for them lately. In this case it's fine because it's two sided so you can get different looks but it feels a bit cheap compared with the sculpted diorama bases they've done in the past.

I don't use stands as they take up to much room usually. some times you have no choice to use a stand if the figures can`t stand on the own.

Gotta love a new release !!

The forum is humming again. They did especially well this time with their pics, fuelling discussion not just on Luke, but also Vader and Palpatine !! Love it !!

My only complaint (besides lack of gloved hand options) is that the light up saber isn't going to be available with non-gloved hands.

Really hoping they actually display the full set at SDCC -- Vader, Emperor in chair and Luke... and Royal Guard.

Can't imagine they'd give away their Vader and Palps like this without intending to reveal those fairly quickly too.

Back