Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those teeth!... ugh... those teeth ruined wonder woman for me... but this is still super nice. Maybe just paint the teeth black so they're not so noticeable. Otherwise it's a super WIN

Hot Toys is really sticking to their guns with these "mouth slightly open with one row of teeth" sculpts, aren't they?

Either go full expression or stay closed mouth, I say.

I have to agree... it's not a deal breaker, but I'd prefer if his mouth was closed. And I'd certaily love it if they gave us a 2nd head that looked like that.

But I'll still buy it as it is far and away the best looking ROTJ Luke I've seen and usually in-hand the slightly open mount doesn't look as weird as it does in photos.

Hamill's mouth is open like that though almost the entire trilogy, so I'm ok with them sculpting him that way. And I think it works a lot better than the open mouth on WW, and feels like a more natural expression.

Nope. Good catch. It's not a cyborg hand.

In the scene where Luke's hand gets shot on the sail barge, there definitely is red. Hot Toys got it accurate, with the exception of a little too much red.

Will be tough to get only one. Must have both Jabba's Palace AND Death Star II configurations.

He does feel a bit light on accessories. Would've thought they'd go full bore on a Luke offering
for sure. Really want that Endor portrait and poncho. Looks like a great custom opportunity
here. Maybe HT just didn't want us excessively asking for the next two years "Where is Endor
Han and Leia???" :impatient:

Such a pleasure to wake up and see this in the morning.

What's up with the slightly open mouth? Didn't SSC's have the same thing? Makes me think it was an LFL directive or something.

In the scene where Luke's hand gets shot on the sail barge, there definitely is red. Hot Toys got it accurate, with the exception of a little too much red.

I have to rewatch, I never noticed that.

screenshot_01.jpg

screenshot_02.jpg

Is there a reason Hot Toys jumped straight to Return of the Jedi for Luke (instead of making an Empire version like they did with Leia)?

IIRC, SSC produced some Empire figures for Luke so perhaps there were agreements made not to overlap/cannibalize the sales each other's figures.

I'm glad there's no EX version of ROTJ Luke. Cuts down on my decision making on where I can buy the figure and avoid the $20 SSC shipping fee - unbelievable considering I live in the same state as SSC and the speed isn't even that fast.

Back