Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will definitely be picking up two for different display options. Overall pretty happy with how Luke turned out.

oh well for my custom luke jedi IMG_0268.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 391
I can't wait to get this. Stunning. It is finally here for me, the star wars holy grail display with Luke, Vader, and Emperor. I might have to dedicate a special section of my figures to just THIS, even separate it from my other star wars figures.

Hope the preorder doesn't go up today but tomorrow. I get paid tomorrow and I'm really afraid of a sellout on this one. What do you guys think? How quick will this sell out? The demand is definitely there but on the other hand, the retailers and hot toys maybe aware of how sought after this will be and will order accordingly.

Can't wait to get this one! Looks awesome and I like the way they made the headsculpt with an expression.

This is my own personal WIP ROTJ Vader costume.

Only thing wrong is the helmet which is an ESB and chestbox which is a Rubies ROTS.

The biggest different between the ANH and ESB or ROTJ helmet is the lack of a widow's peak, the helmet sits higher so you can see the brow and also the bigger chin vent.
4391c1169b2f368b273278bea74483e8.jpg

Neck is too short and body proportions are wrong. Try swapping it out with a phicen or R1 body :monkey3

A little disappointing. The likeness is definitely NOT as strong as they've been with other figures lately. The open mouth kind of limits the possibilities of posing and looks a bit goofy in some of their pics but the figure itself looks to be fairly well done. Better than any other Luke that either Sideshow or Hot Toys has done. I'll definitely be ordering but also hoping that we'll get a more shored up likeness. Both Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn had small tweaks that improved things more before production.

I'm happy with it. I really was kind of hoping for two sculpts though (one like we got and one with wind blown hair for the barge scene image). I will say also that it feels like a couple other accessories could have been added such as the bone from the Rancor pit and maybe the Endor gear as part of a deluxe version. Still pretty happy with what he comes with though. Might throw all my rewards points at this.

I still think Bespin Luke is the best one still. Not perfect, but better than the rest IMO.

lightsaber movement was a nice effect. I like that they came up with that!

Still kinda bummed, no poncho or endor helmet :(

Wow, likeness looks even better than I expected. I do wish they had messed up his bangs a little and not chosen his absolute ugliest hairstyle from the movie, but it still works well enough.

And I agree, it's going to be hard choosing which look to go with, since they all look pretty awesome.

I'm happy with it. I really was kind of hoping for two sculpts though (one like we got and one with wind blown hair for the barge scene image). I will say also that it feels like a couple other accessories could have been added such as the bone from the Rancor pit and maybe the Endor gear as part of a deluxe version. Still pretty happy with what he comes with though. Might throw all my rewards points at this.

I was kind of hoping for 2 headsculpts also, but figured that was unlikely. Think there will be an exclusive version or would they have shown this off at the same time? What else could they add?

Back