Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a new Vader??

Yes a brand new TESB vader..

That is an ROTJ Vader. The helmet is still a stand in from ANH but the pleats, Chest Box and gloves are all correct to ROTJ.

I have OVD (Obsessive Vader Disorder) that is common among Vader costumer.

Asking the real questions here. :lecture

I'm not a big Star Wars fan but this looks like a must buy. But I would only buy a Luke if another Vader will be made by Hot Toys. BTW is there any chance we'll get a 2.0 Chewbacca and 2.0 Han Solo?

Yeah, the gloves on Vader are also different... looks like a ROTJ and or ESB is in the works. And the throne and Emperor seem to be there's as well.

Asking the real questions here. :lecture

I'm not a big Star Wars fan but this looks like a must buy. But I would only buy a Luke if another Vader will be made by Hot Toys. BTW is there any chance we'll get a 2.0 Chewbacca and 2.0 Han Solo?

I'm sure we'll see a ESB Chewbacca with Threepio back pack eventually.

Can't wait to order this one. So many options for display. I'm really glad they went all out even if it's more expensive, which we know it will be. I'm guessing it will be priced at $242 or $252 :lol

And so....it begins.....

giphy.gif

That is an ROTJ Vader. The helmet is still a stand in from ANH but the pleats, Chest Box and gloves are all correct to ROTJ.

Pleats,chest box and gloves are also correct to TESB...and there's no cape-hook on chest armor for it to be a ROTJ vader...still there's a lot of fine tuning to be done...

Pleats,chest box and gloves are also correct to TESB...and there's no cape-hook on chest armor for it to be a ROTJ vader...still there's a lot of fine tuning to be done...

The pleats are arguable since they look different scene to scene but the chest box is an ROTJ because it is missing two greeblies that are present on ESB Vader.

Admittedly the chestbox camfer looks more like ESB but that could be limitation of scale where they could not get the camfer exact.

The cape hook whole an integral part of ROTJ actually also appears on ESB in some scene.

Here is my very own WIP ROTJ costume. The only thing wrong is the helmet which is an ESB an the chestbox which is a Rubies ROTS.

Everything else is correct to an ROTJ
3a503ab5dbcf5030beb1b6b6292a73be.jpg

Last edited:
The only problem I see with this figure is my dilemma on how I want to display it. Do I go with the Jabba's Palace look, Tatooine Skiff, or Death Star II? He looks great!!!

Looks good to me. Won't buy since it's bad guys only for me but Looks good.

Helmet seems to have at least one difference but haven't looked too closely.

Looks great. Drops a few points for not being a DX (Bespin head might go up in price). Problem with ROTJ Luke (in general) is the skin tight design and the proportions are hard to translate into 1/6. In this case great head sculpt (minus the teeth) on a doll looking body aka (big head/little body). Also, I'm not a fan of exposed joints and this figure will also suffer the same as I found with my DX Bespin (limited articulation to not expose joints). I really like the new lightsaber in motion feature. Great on HT to try something new. Since I have DX Bespin Luke I don't think I need this in my collection and use the funds for Leia Hoth. More importantly where is my Ripley!!!!

The only problem I see with this figure is my dilemma on how I want to display it. Do I go with the Jabba's Palace look, Tatooine Skiff, or Death Star II? He looks great!!!

I would've bought a two pack in a heartbeat because of this. I'll probably get at least two of these. Too many display options.

Helmet seems to have at least one difference but haven't looked too closely.

This is my own personal WIP ROTJ Vader costume.

Only thing wrong is the helmet which is an ESB and chestbox which is a Rubies ROTS.

The biggest different between the ANH and ESB or ROTJ helmet is the lack of a widow's peak, the helmet sits higher so you can see the brow and also the bigger chin vent.
4391c1169b2f368b273278bea74483e8.jpg

This is my own personal WIP ROTJ Vader costume.

Only thing wrong is the helmet which is an ESB and chestbox which is a Rubies ROTS.

The biggest different between the ANH and ESB or ROTJ helmet is the lack of a widow's peak, the helmet sits higher so you can see the brow and also the bigger chin vent.
4391c1169b2f368b273278bea74483e8.jpg

That looks amazing! Nice work.

Exactly! I like that pose with the robe on the best, however the gloved hand Death Star Luke has always been my favorite.

Back