Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B3C8D20C-A7BD-4982-9D92-F0E29ACFAED7.jpg
8DEB1D2B-2A8E-4FE3-BD2B-1F29D1465132.jpg
83A71A28-FCC9-4957-BA93-4E3084BA71AA.jpg
99C2FB01-09AD-47BF-9D6C-CE81E8994572.jpg
40704355-61CC-4EBF-A021-D5FE63F7C57F.jpg
D3FC6B30-8F4D-4852-A7E8-B514C2881C61.jpg
661D7A32-0DE3-4851-80A1-24491D0C3A10.jpg

In for a penny, in for a pound...

I think you may be onto something by keeping the suit for the legs.

Yeah, because of how the pants fit, the legs need filled out some for sure. I can see why some might not want the padding in the midsection, but I think the legs are a must. Personally, I'll just keep it all as is.

Wow, go Time Meddler.:clap

INteresting to see Justin's video review because the cloak doesn't seem purple. I wonder if the earlier review was a one-off aberration. Several other pics I've seen don't seem to be purplish.

The Palace pistol Luke comes with seems slightly undersized, though not as badly undersized as the Sideshow pistol was ten years ago.

Seriously, this Luke has turned really great.

Thanks for the pics timemeddler!!! (more pics with Death Star look would be great ;)...)

And there’s definitely some colour coming out of the cloak, but not that much. I’ve soaked and rung it out twice now, so just waiting for it to dry before I pose Luke with it on. I’ll post some pics of that look later...
1BC5420E-1ECE-4CBB-AA1E-BD52EED7EE12.jpg

No problem mate, it was a pleasure. All pretty quick and simple mods that make a good figure great!

Yep, I agree. Good job, thanks man !!

Not sure if you mentioned, but is it hard to get the black top off ? Is it actually a "onesie" ? Someone else mentioned it wasn't.

As nice as that mod looks, i think without the padding his waist is too small. It's not obvious with the vest on, but it is obvious for the black death star look. Will have to decide when i actually get one what to do.

Yep, I agree. Good job, thanks man !!

Not sure if you mentioned, but is it hard to get the black top off ? Is it actually a "onesie" ? Someone else mentioned it wasn't.

It is a separate tunic and trousers. And no, all pretty easy to take off and put back on again.

I think that definitely looks better overall! I will probably wait for it to get parted out and pick up an extra fat suit before I start messing with it. However, the other huge problem is the tailoring is the shoulders—the seams are just way too wide and baggy. It also seems like the shoulders of the fat suit could go completely so the shoulders sit a bit lower and give him a slightly longer neck like in the proto, but that could also make it look way worse so I dunno, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok so we know the hair won't swap... but will the heads swap with the ESB Luke DX? So can the ROTJ head fit on the ESB body????

I guess I have to say it . I guess I need to see how it looks in person.. if I try this method all that duct tape concerns me :horror

Not that I’m saying the tape will hinder anything , but hopefully you can still get him into full dynamic squatting poses without the clothes getting ripped rubbing against that tape :lecture

Sensational pics BTW

Pose options with this figure are ridiculous. I count at least 4 different outfit options.

I may have to get more than 1 figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back