Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know there is a magnet holding the flap in place in the up position. Too bad there isn’t one holding it in the down position.

Although I kinda remember it flapping half open in the film, like he needed air to breath. Need to watch again, but I don't think it was neatly folded down in place. However I could be wrong.

Although I kinda remember it flapping half open in the film, like he needed air to breath. Need to watch again, but I don't think it was neatly folded down in place. However I could be wrong.

Yes it was but in order for it to look properly heavy enough to hang by it’s own weight like a real 1:1 shirt would it should have a magnet to hold it in place otherwise it will stick out awkwardly.

Accurate yes. Esthetically pleasing no.

Hey guys! Jedi Luke just arrived so time for the review! I'm pretty new to the game so if you like what you see subscribe! I've got heaps more exciting stuff on the way. I hope I did the figure justice! I know theres been a lot of back and forth on the headsculpt but from some angles I think it looks dead on!

Wow, looks incredible. I grimaced at the thumbnail as it looks a bit off, but all the angles from your video make it look fantastic. I assume if they're starting to leak out then it can't be far off release? Genuinely can't wait for this to arrive.

Subbed too!

Hey guys! Jedi Luke just arrived so time for the review! I'm pretty new to the game so if you like what you see subscribe! I've got heaps more exciting stuff on the way. I hope I did the figure justice! I know theres been a lot of back and forth on the headsculpt but from some angles I think it looks dead on!

Great review. I can't wait to get this figure!

As for the lack of gloved hands, I am hoping the Endor version of the figure will come with more gloved hands, including a relaxed gloved hand, gripping gloved hand and may some sort of Jedi expressive gloved hand because there will be no need for an Endor Luke to have an un-gloved right hand because from that point on in the film the glove was always on.

Yes it was but in order for it to look properly heavy enough to hang by it’s own weight like a real 1:1 shirt would it should have a magnet to hold it in place otherwise it will stick out awkwardly.

Accurate yes. Esthetically pleasing no.

Yes, Exactly. The real flap wasn't pinned down but gravity kept it from sticking straight out too.

Mine just arrived. I have the cloak in soak already and I will be stripping him down and removing the fat suit later today. if the tunic looks too baggy after doing this, then I will simply re-stitch the tunic to fit the body. I'll post some pics of my progress.

Mine just arrived. I have the cloak in soak already and I will be stripping him down and removing the fat suit later today. if the tunic looks too baggy after doing this, then I will simply re-stitch the tunic to fit the body. I'll post some pics of my progress.

Awesome you're the man (or woman :)) Timemeddler !!

Very interested in what you can show us !!

Now I really want my Luke’s. I’m going pretend to get things done at work today while I really just plan the display for my Luke’s.

I ordered 2 as well. Who cares, you only live once. I want both looks for Luke in my display, one with rotj boba and one with palpatine.
I had a moment where my wife was being insane, and I thought, I deserve 2 Luke’s. I put up with a lot of bs. If she needs jewelry and hair and clothes...

That said, I will have to smuggle them into the house.
Cue the mission impossible music.

You are not alone, Fella.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to see what you come up with . Probably do everything except restitch, I’m horrible at stitching :slap

Awesome you're the man (or woman :)) Timemeddler !!

Very interested in what you can show us !!

I’m a man, man!

Fat suit removed. The tunic & trousers are pretty loose now, so I’ve just pulled them all together and stuck a bit of tape on the back to hold them tight, just for the purposes of these photos. They will need sewing later. The fat suit is odd, but I am considering cutting it up and keeping the bottom/legs portion to hide the hip and knee joints (which are now more visible) and possibly the shoulder pads to help fill out the tunic. I think the torso looks much better without the padding. What do you think?

F0E1FC75-7EA3-4EE8-A6F3-140C901ED19B.jpg
2A39A66D-D2F6-4FEC-BA2B-402BAFC5B89E.jpg
DAC915E6-63E6-40A5-8021-BB90D22728BE.jpeg
AF0766C4-BEAF-4BBD-B0AA-ABC0C5CEB2A9.jpg
0F785D69-F356-48A2-B078-853A40D1B9C6.jpg
295772D7-619D-4C7F-B99C-4BB754BEC463.jpg

More updates to follow...

Wow so it’s a complete fatsuit :horror

Was it hard to remove the fat suit Time meddler

Can you take a pic of him now having him standing up

You’re giving them too much credit. I think it just means it was going to be a DX and they decided they could get more $$ with 2 figures. But made them compatible, since they had to be if they were packaged together like they originally planned.

This....and what they know about us is a lot of us are completist OCD types...

1 DX 289
2 figures 2x249

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a man, man!

Fat suit removed. The tunic & trousers are pretty loose now, so I’ve just pulled them all together and stuck a bit of tape on the back to hold them tight, just for the purposes of these photos. They will need sewing later. The fat suit is odd, but I am considering cutting it up and keeping the bottom/legs portion to hide the hip and knee joints (which are now more visible) and possibly the shoulder pads to help fill out the tunic. I think the torso looks much better without the padding. What do you think?

View attachment 409781

More updates to follow...

Wow ! Very interesting Timemeddler ! Thanks for doing this and sharing the pics.

I think you may be onto something by keeping the suit for the legs. To me he only looks top heavy, especially in the waist area. (which is clear when you see the shape of the fat suit).

Is the belt really loose now ? Although I guess it is held in place with the velcro.

P.S I see you've got the neck protection on. Good move. He almost looks like a priest :lol

Actually thinking about it a bit more, perhaps all that needs to be done is to cut out the mid section of the fat suit (see pic). Then you still have the correct size at the waist for the belt, legs remain the same, it still is supported over the shoulders and just the fat upper section is removed....

2A39A66D-D2F6-4FEC-BA2B-402BAFC5B89E.jpg

Looks better but not enough so for me to justify going through all that effort.

Cheers timemeddler for having a go, you're braver than most.

You'd have to ensure it runs parallel with his sides lest you end up with cavitation of the outfit when the belt is on there.

Honestly, I think it's a bit baggy without the padding. Which therein lies an issue since I see the benefit. But I think the vast majority of this will be bettered with futzing more than anything at this rate.

Back