Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
June 5th is my last payment also. I think it will get pushed a little from our payment date.
Thank you for the replies on my robe/cape questions. I'm learning something new here daily so def appreciate it.

As it stands, my Anakin is arriving Wednesday, and June 5 is my final Luke payment. I think I'll give both robes a soak based on the info above.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The Endor Luke...the prototype def had a different facial expression from this ROTJ Luke (mouth looked open a bit wider). I'd guess best case scenario they would have an accessory pack with different head sculpt (with helmet) and Pancho/belt. It's def a new head and not just a helmet added on to the current Luke, so yeah, who knows, could be an entirely new figure.

Update on Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker. My neck has been directly touching the collar for 2 days straight and is perfect no bleeding dye. The collar actually has a protective layer so the neck is not touching the actual fabric it's kind of sticky so maybe this is what was on Deans neck? I really doubt it was dye as in my experience if it was dye no matter how long it was on the sculpt for the dye would not be possible to remove 100% at all.
d85c8498a7046c960b7664a3aaae0ed2.jpg
c9f923410aa56ab387b4d69612cf9fd2.jpg
f1f731862efed14f54503f63b8c5f3fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ah Ha!!

thanks for the last pic..others :hi5:

It’s not dye, it’s the black film residue around the collar, now it makes sense why a qtip is an easy solution to take it off for DK freaks.

Seen this a lot .

No big deal , it’s basically a very , very low grade type of sticky lint flakes, think of it as more fabric and not color dye

And if anyone is wondering ..why do this HT, I think it’s to shield from big amounts of black lint around the neck . The film material is like a lint remover

Last edited:
Yea cant wait till i get my shipping notice. I think the haters will give up on the head sculpt being awful. Looks better than the bespin one. And in some shots looks downright perfect.

Has nothing to do with haters, the sculpt is garbage, so is that giant bulb on his head. I'll be displaying mine headless until someone does a sculpt that actually looks like him lmao.

This is interesting [emoji848]
67810e2832bd77d2a491b666e1239125.jpg

New accessory pack 99.99
I guessed this many pages back....

So now I am gonna guess the price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's an interesting choice of phrase. I was thinking they meant "accessories from Luke Endor figure" (which does seem a bit cruel given you have to buy a whole other figure to get those accessories - and you have another Luke to put them on if you buy that one) but it just says "upcoming accessories." Can't recall HT ever doing a sold-separately accessories pack for a figure though. You have to wonder if they're doing it in response to SSC's Luke, or if this was the plan all along.

But if it was the plan all along, why wouldn't they have shown the accessory pack at shows alongside the figure? Maybe the Luke Endor release is in fact simply an accessory pack with a different head included, not a full figure? This is a really strange one.

Ah Ha!!

thanks for the last pic..others :hi5:

It’s not dye, it’s the black film residue around the collar, now it makes sense why a qtip is an easy solution to take it off for DK freaks.

Seen this a lot .

No big deal , it’s basically a very , very low grade type of sticky lint flakes, think of it as more fabric and not color dye

And if anyone is wondering ..why do this HT, I think it’s to shield from big amounts of black lint around the neck . The film material is like a lint remover

Great catch! I was kinda thinking the same thing - staining on necks is almost impossible to remove, yet he did it so easliy. So yeah - I think your "lint" theory might be right.

I completely soaked my Obi-Wan robe in warm water to get some of the wrinkles out, and even ironed and steamed it too. Drying it on a paper towel some of the brown definitely came out, and I know people had some issue of the robe staining Obi-Wan's hands, so I imagine the hood could also potentially stain the top of his head too.

People soak these robes all the time in order to get them to drape better so I don't think there's much concern about that in and of itself, should help get some of the excess dye out.

Did soaking the Obi Wan robe lighten the color a bit?

And it's a good point someone raised about soaking Luke's black shirt will possibly allow the dye to enter the white panel on the shirt.

Pretty amazing that the possibility of these accessories will be interchangeable. I like the way HT is thinking by this one. It means they understand that most collectors like to customize or build their own figures and custom looks not necessarily available from what’s in the box. Very forward thinking.

You’re giving them too much credit. I think it just means it was going to be a DX and they decided they could get more $$ with 2 figures. But made them compatible, since they had to be if they were packaged together like they originally planned.

Thank you for the replies on my robe/cape questions. I'm learning something new here daily so def appreciate it.

As it stands, my Anakin is arriving Wednesday, and June 5 is my final Luke payment. I think I'll give both robes a soak based on the info above.

If you do, use a white bowl so you can see if any dye comes out of the fabric.

You’re giving them too much credit. I think it just means it was going to be a DX and they decided they could get more $$ with 2 figures. But made them compatible, since they had to be if they were packaged together like they originally planned.

Yeah I'd agree with you on this Ton Ton. There was always word of one more DX even last year. They may have changed their plan relatively recently too.

Hey guys! Jedi Luke just arrived so time for the review! I'm pretty new to the game so if you like what you see subscribe! I've got heaps more exciting stuff on the way. I hope I did the figure justice! I know theres been a lot of back and forth on the headsculpt but from some angles I think it looks dead on!

Nice review. Glad you mentioned the inabilities with the hair swap. I figured as much and posted about it a few pages back. Keep up the good work.

Hey guys! Jedi Luke just arrived so time for the review! I'm pretty new to the game so if you like what you see subscribe! I've got heaps more exciting stuff on the way. I hope I did the figure justice! I know theres been a lot of back and forth on the headsculpt but from some angles I think it looks dead on!

Hey nice review and Inlike how you did the other HT Luke’s

Good to know there is a magnet holding the flap in place in the up position. Too bad there isn’t one holding it in the down position.

Back