1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, miracles DO happen. Got my replacement from BBTS and he came with absolutely ZERO staining! I immediately cut some of the plastic left over after taking him out of the box and shoved it down between his neck and collar to make sure it’s protected. Now I just get to wait and see if the material on the coat will last even the next couple of years. I’ve already noticed the collar area on my Deadpool figure starting to deteriorate and I’ve barely touched him since I got him on release :/

I’m curious to see if tohave has any luck removing the staining with a normal eraser. I certainly had no luck using a magic eraser on my first figure, and it started taking off the actual paint around the stain instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, in the end I didn’t bother about the stain since it was already getting late, haha... But since you’re curious about it, I’ll try to make time for it.

Took me quite a while to put on the long coat, but was worth it. Excuse the photo quality, can't compete with other guys here with their excellent pictures. :clap

Very nice! I like how you have the coat posed and with the jet pack on. I haven’t tried that look yet.

I really like the activating helmet but it's kind of funny how large it is when it's on his head compared to the helmeted head sculpt.

I found that to be funny as well. It makes it look odd to pose two Star-Lords side-by-side if one has the mask on. :lol

Omg! Thank you!!!! :)

You’re welcome. Forgot to follow when I first commented, but I just remedied that. :)

d8f54f93d95057ce0b579a87d4f1f2fa.jpg

So happy to finally have this figure. Absolutely stunning. And no staining, mine came with a wrap around his neck. The spare body I bought does have some very minor red marking at the back of the neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What body did you use for the second figure? I bought some cheap one off of ebay, and it fits well, but the neck is too thin.

Has anyone tried putting on the shorter jacket on the v1 of Star Lord? Looking to upgrade mine with just the short jacket.

Thanks!

Yeah I'm planning to try the same thing with the V1 Star Lord I just bought. Since he actually wears two different short jackets in the first movie, and the second one looks a lot like the V2 jacket.

Totally love this figure. Absolutely amazing detail and loaded with goodies. I can definitely understand wanting multiples of this one for all the looks.

IMG_5840.JPG

Watched the movie last night for a second time and enjoyed it quite a bit. Maybe more than in the theatre. It seemed like Star Lord’s pants were more gray brown than red though. Just got the figure so it was kinda awesome watching him go through all the variations of his outfits.

Damn, Brainiac. One of the things I like most about this set are the jacket and coat, and you’ve just convinced me his best look is when he’s in the long sleeve. Awesome shots.

Bought the extra body and parts to put together another starlord, but wasn't feeling the look. So instead I threw together a different look. Was inspired by some of the concept art for starlord. Kinda going for a star lord "origins" figure.

So here's "Star Lord, Legendary Ravager"
IMG_20180213_192113_618.jpg

And one with the Peter Quill head...

Attachments

• IMG_0071-01.jpg
    IMG_0071-01.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 331
That looks awesome, Art! :clap Love the blue on the coat.

Back