1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixed up his outfit. I feel like I could do some different combination every day for a week and still not run out of options.
DSC_0062.jpg
DSC_0060.jpg

Hmm, maybe I should take this as a sign. After going back and forth a while, I finally decided to buy a V1 Star-Lord I saw on ebay for a decent price... but a week later and the guy still hasn't shipped the damn thing (and isn't even bothering to reply to me now). So looks like I probably should have just ordered the V2 after all! Lol

Only thing I'd miss though are the darker pants and the rocket boots from the first movie, but I guess I could always put together a custom version like others have...

Hmm, maybe I should take this as a sign. After going back and forth a while, I finally decided to buy a V1 Star-Lord I saw on ebay for a decent price... but a week later and the guy still hasn't shipped the damn thing (and isn't even bothering to reply to me now). So looks like I probably should have just ordered the V2 after all! Lol

Only thing I'd miss though are the darker pants and the rocket boots from the first movie, but I guess I could always put together a custom version like others have...

Are the rocket boots better? It seems like the V1 boots don't have ankle articulation. I was considering putting together a second Star-Lord with another V2, just because you could probably get a second figure for free if you sold off everything but the pants, holster, body, boots, and maybe the guns too from the deluxe. If you have one deluxe there's otherwise already two complete outfits (two shirts, two heads, two types of hands, two jackets, headphones or activating helmet). But I also realized that the V1 pants are a much better color, and the V1 jacket is kinda better too but goes for a lot of $$.

Anyhow I can completely understand people buying multiples of the V2.

So has anybody who's got both figures tried putting the V1 head on the V2 body yet? I'd be really curious to see what that looks like. I know the previous figure had sort of a pinheaded look for some reason, so maybe that might not be the case here? Or do they both use the exact same body?

Arghhhhhh! I’ve got the red paint marks!!
Has anyone else received theirs from Popcultcha and not had the red stains? I can’t decide whether I want to exchange for another or just return and try somewhere else?

Arghhhhhh! I’ve got the red paint marks!!
Has anyone else received theirs from Popcultcha and not had the red stains? I can’t decide whether I want to exchange for another or just return and try somewhere else?

Good luck with a possible exchange. SSC gave a big F U to all their customers...perhaps Popcultcha will implement actual customer service.

Well I know everyone has already moved on, but I just got this figure and absolutely love it (probably even more than the Spidey I also got this week). And it looks like it should be really fun to pose as well. Haven't even bothered trying on the long coat or jet pack yet, since the look he comes with out of the box is already my favorite.

20180303_095824 (625x925).jpg

20180303_100152 (590x925).jpg

20180303_095833 (635x925).jpg

With Spidey

20180303_100322 (782x925).jpg

Got him in yesterday and he truly is a fantastic figure.I don't know which version to keep they are both awsome.20180303_111132.jpg

:clap This figure is pretty awesome. Just went for the helmeted look with rocket pack last night. Decided against having two versions due to space so I’ll have to be content with changing him up every so often.

Happy to find that the pants are looking a lot darker and browner under my detolf lights for some reason. That had really bugging me about them before.

Now I just need to find a way to keep the masked head from wanting to pop off the neck...

Well I know everyone has already moved on, but I just got this figure and absolutely love it (probably even more than the Spidey I also got this week). And it looks like it should be really fun to pose as well. Haven't even bothered trying on the long coat or jet pack yet, since the look he comes with out of the box is already my favorite.

View attachment 397103

View attachment 397104

View attachment 397105

With Spidey

View attachment 397106

Awesomeness. Great picks and setup. So many looks with Star Lord...that was hardest part with having Figure...to choose on how to display him. I’m close to buying a regular to have two on display but with everything hitting early I’m hard pressed to spend money on a figure I already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 397103

View attachment 397104

View attachment 397105

With Spidey

View attachment 397106
Nice! I kept my Star-Lord just like it came too. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have gotten the deluxe, since I'm not sure I wanna use the long coat. I have the vol 1, but gonna sell him. I have both new spideys as well, but am still trying to figure out how to pose tech suit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back