1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet you the "2nd batch" -- or what I like to call the v2 -- has plastic wrapped around the neck like on Jyn Erso.

Some times it sucks to be an early adopter.

If that ends up happening I suppose I will order from the "2nd batch."

How long do you think that would take?

No idea. I was mostly joking. However... with the OT Star Wars figures there's almost always a "second batch" that comes like two months behind. In several instances, this "2nd batch" had small changes to the figure. Like Yoda. And those changes were improvements. Like little adjustments -- Han's hair color, Yoda's skin color and hair, etc.

I have not seen that done with packaging elements before... but I can't remember HT having such a widespread problem before like this. And it seems so easy for them to fix that I can't imagine they wouldn't correct it. Unless they don't want to admit its a problem which would require replacement of the already stained figures.

I'm still not sure what I am going to do. On one hand it's a cool figure and the stain won't show unless you display the figure without a jacket but on the other the stain just should not be there. Mine is also a more mild issue than some others here.

I would return and wait for the next Star Lord variant but recently I find that the next-in-line outfit/looks of marvel characters regress. Ant Man v1 vs v2 for example. And look at Black Widow in infinity war:horror

Truthfully, although this figure is outstanding in its representation, I just think there's... too much red. The coat, jacket, pants, scarf... I didn't really like the outfit in the movie either for the same reason. Too much like a uniform. I prefer the more hodge-podge look of the original outfit. If only the v1 was built with the same proportions as the v2. And I don't think the v1 head is very good, not once you see this one.

Like I said, someone could make an excellent bash between the two: v2 head and body, shirt and gear, v1 pants and coat, maybe boots too with the rocket boosters.

Then again, as mentioned, there's always the next iteration of the character to come.

I'm still not sure what I am going to do. On one hand it's a cool figure and the stain won't show unless you display the figure without a jacket but on the other the stain just should not be there. Mine is also a more mild issue than some others here.

I would return and wait for the next Star Lord variant but recently I find that the next-in-line outfit/looks of marvel characters regress. Ant Man v1 vs v2 for example. And look at Black Widow in infinity war:horror

I totally understand your dilemma, as I'm in the same boat. I asked my seller if he could check with Sideshow once more if they could provide a replacement. He was nice enough to ask again, so we'll see. If they don't, then it will be returned.

Speaking of variants, I'm not sure Star-Lord will be getting one for IW since his outfit looks the same. If anything it'd be for GOTG Vol. 3, which means it won't be awhile until I have a Star-Lord then...

Seems to be ok, I unzipped the jacket to prevent any future staining that could occur
33893933c0c6ebbb523e763e81a75b07.jpg
76a22249b9f908b5d9009b7cd8bbd8fc.jpg
6cf2b820d8fc14a4bab2780510c16e96.jpg
533135a5b11c3f99034b3ff37a61b20d.jpg

Seems to be ok, I unzipped the jacket to prevent any future staining that could occur
33893933c0c6ebbb523e763e81a75b07.jpg
76a22249b9f908b5d9009b7cd8bbd8fc.jpg

Lucky you. You seem to be one of the few that escaped Redneck-gate unscathed...although how's the back of his neck looking?

Still haven't unzipped the jacket past where it gets stuck, much less been able to look at the back, but I don't see any stainage to the sides of the neck one week one. The room I have them in is a little hot and stuffy for my liking at the moment being summer over here. In past years the room was left open, but it's shut now with the cats so I just do my best to open it when I can. The plus side is next to no dust gets in. (Even the lounge just around the corner of the hallway I dust the TV appliance stuff weekly).. Maybe I might invest is a desk fan or something..

DSC_0660.jpg
DSC_0661.jpg
DSC_0664.jpg

Opened mine yesterday. Too many accessories, can’t decide.

Mine has a slight stain on the next, hardly noticeable. I unzipped my jacket fairly easily, just went back up a little bit every time I zipped down and it came undone.

I have Groot sitting on the left shoulder using the magnet that holds the lapel open on the jacket straight out of the box.

Headsculpt looks much better in person.

Yeah, this has put a real damper on my excitement for this guy. :-(

It’s a shame this issue has risen with this character. I’ve been looking forward to this one since I missed out on Vol1. I’m going to roll the dice this week if Popcultcha gets it in.
Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a shame this issue has risen with this character. I’ve been looking forward to this one since I missed out on Vol1. I’m going to roll the dice this week if Popcultcha gets it in.
Fingers crossed!

Yep, I'm exactly the same. Have rolled the dice too, should arrive next week. My problem is I have had it sent to a colleague in the USA, so difficult to check. He has no idea on this stuff. Although seeing what Sideshow is (or more to the point isn't) doing on this issue. Probably not much I could do anyway.

Yep, I'm exactly the same. Have rolled the dice too, should arrive next week. My problem is I have had it sent to a colleague in the USA, so difficult to check. He has no idea on this stuff. Although seeing what Sideshow is (or more to the point isn't) doing on this issue. Probably not much I could do anyway.

If you end up with a red-neck one, simply return it. Don't settle for defective products. It's so simple. Sideshow and HT will both learn not to take their customers for granted and treat them like s hit :wave

I got the Deluxe version and it’s amazing. Amazing detail and the tailoring and amount of stuff is crazy good.

The tiny bit of red I see on the neck of mine isn’t a problem, it’s microscopic.

If it looks like a hickey though that’s not good.

Be careful unzipping the jacket.

Went ahead and set mine to fullpay so it ships tomorrow or Tuesday and I get it this week. No reason to wait till the 25th for my final payment. Fingers crossed on the neck!

Hmmm this has certainly got me a little worried. I have vol 1 version so not sure whether to just stick with it or do the upgrade.

Hopefully Yondu won't suffer the same issue.

Sent from a point in space and time

Back