1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic as always Wolf.
Cop 2 Star Lord is one of the best figures in my collection and it’s just the standard edition. I was able to score the deluxe transforming helmet piece cheap, but still after months, no luck on a deal for his trench coat. One day. Patience.
A true Infinity War release would be great with different pants & Rocket boots.

Thank you again. This is the first time I have taken out the trench coat from the box. It's really cool and I am surprised on how much I like it and how much it adds, especially in pictures. Keep on looking I'm sure someone will part it out.

The short jacket is a lot better I've will never use the trench coat and wish I could sell it but then it wouldn't be complete in case I have to sell. I

The short jacket is a lot better I've will never use the trench coat and wish I could sell it but then it wouldn't be complete in case I have to sell. I

OK, but perhaps think of it like this. You get the money for the long jacket now and sell the rest for a bit cheaper. You could probably sell that at retail even. I don't think there would be any risk not having the long coat. Many have the original (also with long coat) and want him with the shorter jacket as an alternative. Being less than the full set prices would be attractive.

My wife is right, I'm never satisfied. Some more editing:

Star Lord.jpg

I prefer the short jacket but I don't like the way the back of the helmet is so tight against it the back of it. I think if will cause damage over time.

I know this is the volume 2 discussion but I could not find the version one SL thread so I though I might ask it here. Did the first version come with extra rivets for the trench coat?

I could have sworn that it did, like maybe extras in with the hand pegs baggie, but I can't seem to find any in the box after all these years. I had one fall his cuff and get lost recently which leads me to another question...

Is it even worth trying to fix as it seems nearly impossible given their tiny size to get one glued back on without making a mess.

I know this is the volume 2 discussion but I could not find the version one SL thread so I though I might ask it here. Did the first version come with extra rivets for the trench coat?

I could have sworn that it did, like maybe extras in with the hand pegs baggie, but I can't seem to find any in the box after all these years. I had one fall his cuff and get lost recently which leads me to another question...

Is it even worth trying to fix as it seems nearly impossible given their tiny size to get one glued back on without making a mess.

Here ya go (well the v1 thread at least).

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147030

Received the standard version of Star 'Load' today, after a cheeky Best Offer on eBay went my way.

You guy weren't lying about how fragile the accessories are. I'm never touching that Walkman again...

Awesome figure, though.
IMG_20200427_170648.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone facing flaking on the jacket yet? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm really afraid that it'll flake.

Sold all my Avengers and AOU stuffs because of this.

the only thing i dont like about this figure is one more set of boots, pants, and belt and you have 2 figures if you have a spare body. Those items are pretty expensive parted out.

Anyone facing flaking on the jacket yet? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm really afraid that it'll flake.

Sold all my Avengers and AOU stuffs because of this.

Left mine in the same pose for most of the time I've had him and everything holds up perfect

That's great!

Man, hit me up if anyone is selling him.

Thanks!

I have been considering selling mine to get the infinity war version. The only catch is I bought him incomplete. He is missing the box, Walkman, trenchcoat and headsculpt.

Back