1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how that’s an FU to customers. If the majority of stock has the same issues as the one you are looking to replace and your just gonna get one with the same issue it makes no sense for them to send it out. There’s a big difference in volume of sales between Pop and Sideshow. A smaller company can afford the time to do that for a few orders. It’s not an FU, it’s logic.

Understandable, but SS and HT knew the flaw was production wide so the least they could have done to placate the situation (since they were not willing to issue a recall to fix the issue) is to compensate your customer with a few dollars off or credit or whatever.

The response I got from them was take it or leave it. The fact that they were not willing to offer anything is a big FU to their customers.

From my experience here, a lot of people dont have that. Thats the same guy that said FU to the people selling HT at high prices then admits themself, they would sell at the higher price. I'd just brush it to inexperience and inability to reason.

Why am I not surprised to see you commenting with another snide, dic k-ish remark?

Also, you are incorrect. I never said it was an FU for people to sell their HT's at a higher price in the after market...what I said was the markup prices was outrageous and overinflated.

So why don't you go ahead and brush up on your memory before you start trying to talk shiz.

Understandable, but SS and HT knew the flaw was production wide so the least they could have done to placate the situation (since they were not willing to issue a recall to fix the issue) is to compensate your customer with a few dollars off or credit or whatever.

The response I got from them was take it or leave it. The fact that they were not willing to offer anything is a big FU to their customers.

It makes little business sense to offer some type of refund for something that every figure has. If it’s just 5 bucks that’s thousands of dollars. For people who where gonna keep the figure anyway. If they offer a return and refund I don’t see how you can ask for much more. If they start offering money back for figures with blemishes every figure will have blemishes and everyone will want money for a figure they where gonna buy anyway. I can name a bunch of things from just the last few releases, like Spider-Man’s mask stitching etc..where they would get stuck eating money they would not otherwise have to on a figure that’s sold out.

It’s not an FU in anyway to offer a refund for an item that isn’t exchangeable for an issue almost all of them have. How many business offer to let you keep the item and give you money to do so?

It makes little business sense to offer some type of refund for something that every figure has. If it’s just 5 bucks that’s thousands of dollars. For people who where gonna keep the figure anyway. If they offer a return and refund I don’t see how you can ask for much more. If they start offering money back for figures with blemishes every figure will have blemishes and everyone will want money for a figure they where gonna buy anyway. I can name a bunch of things from just the last few releases, like Spider-Man’s mask stitching etc..where they would get stuck eating money they would not otherwise have to on a figure that’s sold out.

It’s not an FU in anyway to offer a refund for an item that isn’t exchangeable for an issue almost all of them have. How many business offer to let you keep the item and give you money to do so?

Comparing what is clearly a manufacturer error, not protecting the neck to a stain-prone neck collar, to an imperfect stitch job is not the same at all.

One is clearly avoidable, whereas the other is a result of their production. Could the stitching be better? Probably. But is it a defect? By all means, no.

An example, I once purchased a $200+ file cabinet. I didn't meticulously inspect it when I first received it, but a few days later I noticed a large streak on the lower-half of the cabinet. I called and complained since the streak shouldn't have been there. The company apologized and offered to credit me back a percentage in lieu of returning it. That to me, is what good customer service is all about. They could have simply just told me to return it if I wasn't happy, but for a business to be successful they need to be able to make sales, even if it sometimes results in lower profits.

With SS and HT simply saying take it or leave it, now that makes little business sense since they are no longer making that sale if a customer returns it. And moreover if the customer returns the item now they have merchandise that they can't sell as "brand-new" anymore, which will only result in a lower price point when they try to sell it again.

Also, when most, if not all, businesses put out a product that has a defect it is pretty standard to either a.) issue a recall or b.) compensate the customer. Case and point, cellphone and car companies.

Anyways, we clearly have a difference of opinion. I could keep going on and on, but alas this is the internet, so whatever, but when it's all said and done, IN MY OPINION, I really don't think SS and HT handled the neck-gate situation to the best of their abilities.

:lecture

Very excited cause my Starlord will be here sometime this weekend! Well, he's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but it's likely none of us will be home so....Probably gonna have to pick him up from some dry cleaner/ups access point, etc. Once I get past that hiccup, it's gonna be really exciting! Haven't received a new hot toys figure since maybe November(drax) and even a new figure from any brand since January(game of thrones Danerys)

Very excited cause my Starlord will be here sometime this weekend! Well, he's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but it's likely none of us will be home so....Probably gonna have to pick him up from some dry cleaner/ups access point, etc. Once I get past that hiccup, it's gonna be really exciting! Haven't received a new hot toys figure since maybe November(drax) and even a new figure from any brand since January(game of thrones Danerys)

Congrats he's awesome :hi5: lot of cool accessories and looks to try out.

Comparing what is clearly a manufacturer error, not protecting the neck to a stain-prone neck collar, to an imperfect stitch job is not the same at all.

One is clearly avoidable, whereas the other is a result of their production. Could the stitching be better? Probably. But is it a defect? By all means, no.

An example, I once purchased a $200+ file cabinet. I didn't meticulously inspect it when I first received it, but a few days later I noticed a large streak on the lower-half of the cabinet. I called and complained since the streak shouldn't have been there. The company apologized and offered to credit me back a percentage in lieu of returning it. That to me, is what good customer service is all about. They could have simply just told me to return it if I wasn't happy, but for a business to be successful they need to be able to make sales, even if it sometimes results in lower profits.

With SS and HT simply saying take it or leave it, now that makes little business sense since they are no longer making that sale if a customer returns it. And moreover if the customer returns the item now they have merchandise that they can't sell as "brand-new" anymore, which will only result in a lower price point when they try to sell it again.

Also, when most, if not all, businesses put out a product that has a defect it is pretty standard to either a.) issue a recall or b.) compensate the customer. Case and point, cellphone and car companies.

Anyways, we clearly have a difference of opinion. I could keep going on and on, but alas this is the internet, so whatever, but when it's all said and done, IN MY OPINION, I really don't think SS and HT handled the neck-gate situation to the best of their abilities.

:lecture

By not giving money back they are hoping to get rid of the type of customers who constantly call them begging for a few dollars back for every little defect that 99% of other customers don't have a problem with. I have been buying figures for years and I never contacted a selling begging for money back because of some small error. Most statues are not perfect if you look close enough. Figures are better in that regard but I am sure some types of people will find a defect in every figure. Offering money back is opening a can of worms where some people probably ask for money back on every order because they whip out the magnifying glass and flashlight for every purchase.

By not giving money back they are hoping to get rid of the type of customers who constantly call them begging for a few dollars back for every little defect that 99% of other customers don't have a problem with. I have been buying figures for years and I never contacted a selling begging for money back because of some small error. Most statues are not perfect if you look close enough. Figures are better in that regard but I am sure some types of people will find a defect in every figure. Offering money back is opening a can of worms where some people probably ask for money back on every order because they whip out the magnifying glass and flashlight for every purchase.

I own over 20 HTs...I've had QC issues with about 4 of them, so, no, I'm not constantly calling them "begging" for a few dollars back.

Also it's pretty common when a customer has a defective item to either replace it entirely or compensate them with a percentage back. I dunno why so many of you seem to think this is an outrageous ask...maybe you all enjoy being suckers? I dunno...

Oh, sorry that people wants good and undamaged stuff for their hard earned $200+.

Why am I not surprised to see you commenting with another snide, dic k-ish remark?

Also, you are incorrect. I never said it was an FU for people to sell their HT's at a higher price in the after market...what I said was the markup prices was outrageous and overinflated.

So why don't you go ahead and brush up on your memory before you start trying to talk shiz.

Pretty sure he's not the one who got banned twice in one week for making snide dic k-ish remarks. Please stop trying to sound like a tough guy on here -- it's a toy collecting forum. It's like trying to be the hardest care bear.

I own over 20 HTs...I've had QC issues with about 4 of them, so, no, I'm not constantly calling them "begging" for a few dollars back.

Also it's pretty common when a customer has a defective item to either replace it entirely or compensate them with a percentage back. I dunno why so many of you seem to think this is an outrageous ask...maybe you all enjoy being suckers? I dunno...

Has nothing to do with being a sucker. First, the biggest issue I had was the characterization that because they didn’t offer you money to keep a figure you where keeping anyway that that is somehow an FU to all customers. It was simply a smart business move.

The homecoming issues is excactly the same type of issue. A product that’s not perfect due to the manufacturing, where there are a few that look perfect but the vast majority have the same issue. If they had perfect heads they would provide people would get them, and if they offered 20 bucks to keep the one you had, people would take it. Same situation.

As for them having returned stock and it sitting around..maybe. But for a figure that is totally sold out or waitlisted that wouldn’t be an issue. And, it’s still gonna be cheaper to have a few deadstock items then issue massive refunds to everyone. If they sold just 3000 of a figure and offered 20 bucks to everyone to keep a figure they where already keeping anyway that’s like 60,000 dollars. Per release. If just 10% of every different figure release had this type of issue..and that probably a low estimate, that’s over 400k a year given that 70ish figures where released from the last few years. That’s why it’s a good business move to not start the trend.

As for wanting a perfect figure for your 200 bucks...they offered to give your money back, correct? So it’s not about getting a perfect figure, it’s about keeping the figure and getting something additional.

As for the whole recall thing...first, it functions correctly and doesn’t hurt anyone so a recall was never gonna happen. Second, they offered to let you voluntarily “recall” it for a full refund. It’s the same thing. Very few companies are going to give you the option to both keep an item that is the same as every other product offering like it, and still give you money.

You could make the FU argument if they told you they know about the issue and they wouldn’t let you return it for your money back. That’s not what happened. If you keep it that’s on you not them. So you just gave yourself an FU

Has anyone been able to nail down what his Infinity War look will be? Some promo stuff it's more gotg2 style, but some there's some gotg1 stuff thrown in there.

Looks like he’s got a couple outfits like he did in GoTG2, at least from the promo stuff

Has anyone been able to nail down what his Infinity War look will be? Some promo stuff it's more gotg2 style, but some there's some gotg1 stuff thrown in there.

29261597_10155346010147344_4410625314967781376_n.jpg

Yep, don't think I've seen him shown in his long coat anywhere in IW. That's what makes this Deluxe version so awesome ! Long jacket and short jacket ! Can't go wrong !

Back