1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in the process of acquiring one of these (hopefully in my hands next month)...I'm going to have him displayed with Gladiator Thor + IW. Can't wait.

Yeah, if you like it, that’s all that matters.

But he does have a bit of a:

19A35AD7-4AF1-4663-BB27-5F24A0DF965D.jpeg

Look to it. But it probably looks better in person.

Haters gonna hate. Don't let them bring you down Shane. They'll probably never have the nerve to try this themselves and work their way to perfection.

Been wanting to put this guy on a flight stand for a while. And I also got an AOU cape for him after seeing how nice it looked earlier in the thread. Shame it's not wired though, as it would have really come in handy for this.

20180520_184445 (683x1025).jpg

20180520_184726 (658x1025).jpg

20180520_184711 (638x1025).jpg

I like the Roadworn version.

It's cool, but however, part of me prefers the AOU Ultron thor because it's more "iconic". I also like the more majestic feel of the AOU Thor Cape. What do you guys think?

I like the Roadworn version.

It's cool, but however, part of me prefers the AOU Ultron thor because it's more "iconic". I also like the more majestic feel of the AOU Thor Cape. What do you guys think?

Decisions, decisions. I had needed a Thor for a while. Passed on Ultron Thor because of the bare arm worry. Then Roadworn came out and I REALLY liked that, so I have him bare arms or not (re potential splitting) but kinda wish I had an "iconic" version as well with armored arms. But I like this sculpt.

Now Thor has short hair and Ultron Thor is marked way up, as is Roadworn.

I really like the Roadworn tho. So far no issues tho I don't mess with him a lot. Really I need to pick up Loki now more than anything. $$$ Wasn't wild about IW1 but Thor for me was one of the better things. But just can't make myself go for a short-hair Thor and think the IW look is - dark. Very dark.

So I'm just gonna wait and cross my fingers for a last hurrah in IW2 Thor has a completely iconic long-hair look (as well as other characters that I missed) but he may not. Or will pick up another cape sometime. No regrets on this purchase, a beautiful fig and IMO great version of Thor.

Dayum,glad I got this guy when he went on PO. I can't believe the aftermarket price on this. Honestly, I thought this would be a shelf warmer exclusive.

Dayum,glad I got this guy when he went on PO. I can't believe the aftermarket price on this. Honestly, I thought this would be a shelf warmer exclusive.

Ditto, after having had him for a while. For me it's the *realism* e.g. having a Thor u can see actually being on a journey etc. Works really well on display and he's surprisingly good mixed with Doctor Strange. The skull, chain, hammers all great additions.

Ditto, after having had him for a while. For me it's the *realism* e.g. having a Thor u can see actually being on a journey etc. Works really well on display and he's surprisingly good mixed with Doctor Strange. The skull, chain, hammers all great additions.

There is just something very mystical about this particular thor that neither the old ones nor gladiator thor captures..

Honestly for me, this is THE Thor for my collection. He has a great mix of MCU Asgardian, mixed with mythical asgardian (kinda like what we're getting out of the recent God of War). He's not ornate like the previous Thors, he's rougher around the edges, but I think that's more suited for Thor, especially after all he's been through. There's humility and wisdom in him now, but he's not ready to give up fighting the hard battles, and I think this look perfectly reflects that.

Honestly for me, this is THE Thor for my collection. He has a great mix of MCU Asgardian, mixed with mythical asgardian (kinda like what we're getting out of the recent God of War). He's not ornate like the previous Thors, he's rougher around the edges, but I think that's more suited for Thor, especially after all he's been through. There's humility and wisdom in him now, but he's not ready to give up fighting the hard battles, and I think this look perfectly reflects that.

Nicely said! :):clap Everything u posted is how I felt about getting THIS Thor - since I didn't have any. This version just spoke to me more than the more iconic princely versions. Just like Hemsworth's performance in IW re his grief and anger spoke to me (not that I didn't love Ragnarok and enjoy the other Thor/Avengers films). This version also reminds me of some comic art that I liked.

Anyway, I still think at the last we'll end up with some sort of "classic" Thor in IW2 as well as a "classic" Cap version. Just maybe not with Mjolnir but who knows with all the Time Stone stuff and alternate realities.:dunno

I should hopefully have this guy within the next few days...looking forward to displaying him with Gladiator Thor and, eventually, the IW figure.

Hope you enjoy him as much as most folks do - don't remember reading any complaints, except for folks wanting a new sculpt. But I love the sculpt and didn't have a Thor anyway. Maybe some issues getting the cloak the way people wanted it e.g. draping the way they wanted over the head. U do have to watch for the knit fabric of the cloak getting stuck on the hair.

Back