1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my notification as well. Hype. Hopefully I get this guy before the movie lol

Congrats to those getting their shipping notices :) This is one COOL figure :D

CxbKhXu.jpg

what is the date its supposed to ship?

i ordered this morning after seeing it at NYCC last weekend

I got the notice for an October 26th ship date if it holds true. I don't feel there will be multiple batch releases for this guy.

And another awesome pic Braniac!

looking forward to some in hand pics or reviews. I really like the look of this figure but not sure about the cape. The style of the cape is nice but interested to see what the material is. Based off the pictures it appears to be corduroy. Pray I am wrong.

looking forward to some in hand pics or reviews. I really like the look of this figure but not sure about the cape. The style of the cape is nice but interested to see what the material is. Based off the pictures it appears to be corduroy. Pray I am wrong.
What's wrong with corduroy?

I look forward to seeing what the TDW Thor sculpt looks like on this. Anyone get the chance to do that yet?

Well… mine is customized to the max, but here's an idea below. It's one of those custom TDW headsculpts. I painted the hair more blond.

5fc8dc67cbd3203226cb427a1b9908bf.jpg
12c3c91d952b23e5d55715db250fb5cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a weird stretchy material. It's not necessarily corduroy tho.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I get the same notice as well

Too bad we have to wait until mid next year for the gladiator versions of Thor and Hulk and who know how long for Hela and Valkyrie

What's wrong with corduroy?

If you think of "older" historic fabrics you don't usually think corduroy. Linen, cotton, wool, leather, silk, velvet. Corduroy and some fabrics are too modern.

At least that's my take on it. Thor wouldn't be wearing a corduroy cape, it would probably be wool if he was on the road.

But looks like HT didn't use a true corduroy - just some sort of stretch knit re the scale so the cape would flow/fold the right way. E.g. some fabric won't work at 1/6 scale too stiff/thick. And HT isn't going to use a pricey fine gauge wool or heavy silk.:lol I'm already wanting to replace the boot straps w. suede.

@sassafras: Corduroy is just sculpted velvet. Been around a long time :)

I gotta admit, I don't own a Thor figure, and seeing those rooted hair pieces a few pages back makes me think that is what will tip the scales for me. But I would rather Hot Toys do it, as I will not be paying more than the price of the figure for just the headsculpt

@sassafras: Corduroy is just sculpted velvet. Been around a long time :)

I gotta admit, I don't own a Thor figure, and seeing those rooted hair pieces a few pages back makes me think that is what will tip the scales for me. But I would rather Hot Toys do it, as I will not be paying more than the price of the figure for just the headsculpt

Let me repost it since Darth Snoopy erased it due a remark I made about an annoying board member. My commissions are never $300+ as someone said a page back or so. If anyone ever wanted to know the pricing, I hope they would come to the source for that info.

Well… mine is customized to the max, but here's an idea below. It's one of those custom TDW headsculpts. I painted the hair more blond.

5fc8dc67cbd3203226cb427a1b9908bf.jpg
12c3c91d952b23e5d55715db250fb5cf.jpg

What are you planning on doing with the original sculpt? I've been wanting another to customize for his helmet but the Ebay prices for the AoU sculpt are ridiculous.

Let me repost it since Darth Snoopy erased it due a remark I made about an annoying board member. My commissions are never $300+ as someone said a page back or so. If anyone ever wanted to know the pricing, I hope they would come to the source for that info.

If you would have been more mature and responded with an actual price for clarification, it would have looked much better for your business and made me look more of an idiot.

The fact that you failed to do that already makes it seem as if youre an immature person to do business with.

Not to mention, give a wrong impression on your prices.

Back