1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face plate on mine has scratches/scrapes. Sideshow said that’s battle damaged that’s supposed to be on the figure. What do you guys think?

Yeah definitely shouldn’t be there. All the silver bits should be clean. I believe that, on any suit, the battle damage is only on the red or gold bits and never on the silver “base” layer of the suit. At least that is what I assume the reasoning is for their paint applications. Just like how on the Mk 47 none of the silver/gray bits have any weathering or battle damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response. It sucks that I have to go through such hassle to prove to sideshow that they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Thank you for your response. It sucks that I have to go through such hassle to prove to sideshow that they don’t know what they’re talking about.

I've been through it. Since its a small part they should replace it but they may not and just offer you $20 or jus have you return it for a refund and youll be out the figure (its currently waitlisted).It's been done to me.

I had another issue with the leg, which they will be replacing. Not sure why they’re not willing for the face plate. The armor on the lower left leg has a gap.

Attachments

• 0C8AB3BD-AFE9-4E0D-9A11-7C34D4ADB918.jpg
    0C8AB3BD-AFE9-4E0D-9A11-7C34D4ADB918.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 236
I had another issue with the leg, which they will be replacing. Not sure why they’re not willing for the face plate. The armor on the lower left leg has a gap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the lower portions of the plates supposed to be slightly moveable? So a slight gap can be remedied by just sliding it up?

I don't have my Mk. V in my possession anymore (it's gone into storage) so I can't check...

So...about that likeness...gosh, it's so bad! Why HT didn't you just upgrade the headsculpt too! :gah:

Forget that the hair is completely wrong, but the FACE is not at all like RDJ! :slap

20180604_124154.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the lower portions of the plates supposed to be slightly moveable? So a slight gap can be remedied by just sliding it up?

I don't have my Mk. V in my possession anymore (it's gone into storage) so I can't check...

It would, except it doesn’t. I think it was out of position when they glued the pieces together.

Here’s another view.

Attachments

• 098C563E-7307-45E3-89B4-B993372402A3.jpg
    098C563E-7307-45E3-89B4-B993372402A3.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 224
White gloving the collection huh. That's intense lol

Haha hell yeah! I think it's a must when it comes to the Iron Man figs...I do it with all my collections, but I feel like it's more vital with the Iron Men.

For whatever reason I feel like continuous exposure to finger oils will eventually strip the paint off of them. I dunno, call me paranoid, but I'm a very careful collector. Better safe than sorry!

Haha hell yeah! I think it's a must when it comes to the Iron Man figs...I do it with all my collections, but I feel like it's more vital with the Iron Men.

For whatever reason I feel like continuous exposure to finger oils will eventually strip the paint off of them. I dunno, call me paranoid, but I'm a very careful collector. Better safe than sorry!

I like to enjoy a bucket of KFC before handling my figures, it's like a ritual when cracking open a new hot toys box.

It's a very troubling trend. They used to get their figures about a week or two after sideshow but lately it has lingered on for months on a few figures. I suspect sideshow has pushed them to the back of the line as they control all North American stock. Perhaps as punishment for offering reasonable shipping (which sideshow criminally overcharges for) or maybe just because BBTS is doing more business than sideshow would like. Something has changed though and it really sucks!

Is this happening with Mk 5 delivery from BBTS just like DX15 Sparrow?

I gotta dump my preorders at BBTS if so. No way I'm waiting 3 months. SS won't have any replacement parts by that time.

Is this happening with Mk 5 delivery from BBTS just like DX15 Sparrow?

I gotta dump my preorders at BBTS if so. No way I'm waiting 3 months. SS won't have any replacement parts by that time.

Don't know but I don't like it. Happened with Jack and I'm still waiting for Anakin. I also have Mark V, Jedi Luke, and Yondu ordered through them. All figures that are now out in Hong Kong, will be interesting to see when they get stock relative to other retailers.

Finally got this figure in my hands yesterday and am quite impressed. The tolerances between all the moving parts is incredible, expectantly on the legs. I was, however, hoping those pieces would be metal and they are plastic. I also noticed magnets on the feet. I didn't check my other IM figures, but this seemed new. Could this be for a new hall of armor, as they are not relevant to the base that came with the figure

Finally jumped in and got my first entry-level "real" camera. So far I basically only know how to point at something and push button, lol. Centering optional.
IMG_1274.jpg

Finally jumped in and got my first entry-level "real" camera. So far I basically only know how to point at something and push button, lol. Centering optional.

Nice picture!

Look at the Mk6 and 46 in the background, they know they're awesome :lol

Back