1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they wanted to they could just not sell to BBTS and get a lot of those customers back anytime they wanted. It's not like BBTS gets stock from China it's from SS. I'm not sure what they would gain playing games with them. Maybe BBTS changed how things are shipped to them to keep costs lower so they can do the $4 shipping. I don't know but it just makes no sense to me that SS would sit on stock for a paying business partner.

I think you're spot on with this. SS is the sole HT distributor for the US. If you are a US based business and want to sell HT, you have to go through SS for stock. It is unlikely that SS would ever hold back stock to their business partners so more people can order from them. It's just bad business overall. Maybe they work on first come first serve when it comes to stock and BBTS lets say is 5th on the list. I don't know but they're def not holding back.

Why would Sideshow play games like that though? The amount of stock given to BBTS is already agreed on 1 year prior. Holding stock on purpose upon arrival or purposely distributing to BBTS last would make little sense.

BBTS also isn’t going to say, you’re holding my stock, then I don’t want Hot Toys to sell.

Sideshow clearly wants to sell to other distributors or they wouldn’t, unless HT mandates it somehow contractually that they have to. I think the issue is overblown.

Anyway, speaking of Sideshow, my Mark V is processing, yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would Sideshow play games like that though? The amount of stock given to BBTS is already agreed on 1 year prior. Holding stock on purpose upon arrival or purposely distributing to BBTS last would make little sense.

BBTS also isn’t going to say, you’re holding my stock, then I don’t want Hot Toys to sell.

Sideshow clearly wants to sell to other distributors or they wouldn’t, unless HT mandates it somehow contractually that they have to. I think the issue is overblown.

Anyway, speaking of Sideshow, my Mark V is processing, yay!

You probably wouldn't think it was overblown if you were waiting 3 months longer as opposed to the previous norm which was about 10 days. And nobody said they were necessarily sitting on stock, but based on information shared here on the forum it does seem like BBTS is getting stock later than other vendors which previously was not usually the case.

After getting mine and putting him beside the Mark VI, I think I need the diecast Mark IV to complete the trifecta.

Funny how the plastic versions of those three suits were my first Hot Toys figures so long ago,
and to see them updated so freakin' well is very satisfying.

Just got a shipping notification from PopCultureZone :banana

Yep, got mine from them today...great place to order from!

Anyways, like others have stated, be careful with this guy. His kneecap popped off and I have no idea how! I always wear gloves when i handle my figures so I think it may have snagged the edge and popped it off...other than that, great figure!

I'll have more time to hopefully play around with him this weekend.

Here's a first impression/out of the box shot and then the damaged kneecap.

20180601_171010.jpg
20180601_173701.jpg

Yep, got mine from them today...great place to order from!

Anyways, like others have stated, be careful with this guy. His kneecap popped off and I have no idea how! I always wear gloves when i handle my figures so I think it may have snagged the edge and popped it off...other than that, great figure!

I'll have more time to hopefully play around with him this weekend.

Here's a first impression/out of the box shot and then the damaged kneecap.

View attachment 411699
View attachment 411700

oh man that sucks, I got my spine cover replacement coming in next week from SSC.

oh man that sucks, I got my spine cover replacement coming in next week from SSC.

Yeah...nothing a lil super glue won't be able to fix though...although that specific piece is slightly moveable so I hope that doesn't make things difficult to glue back on.

So still haven't spent much time playing around with it, but my initial impression is that this thing is incredible.

There's something about that chrome paint app that just pops! It's amazing. A ton of intricate, tiny moving parts, which is awesome, but can also be a headache in the future due to potential accidental snapping off. Love the Mk. V head, looks great!

The Brad Pitt headsculpt doesn't look too bad in person, but, man, it does bother me that for a completely revamped release that they didn't just go the few extra steps to put out a more screen accurate, RDJ headsculpt (even the hair isn't accurate to the scene in the movie as another forum member pointed out). I can see a smidge of resemblance, but given the extreme likeness we are used to (especially with it being perfected with the Mk. 46, 47) this is a definitely a disappointment. I don't intend to ever use it given how inaccurate it looks.

Still, overall, a 9/10...that extra point is due to...you guessed it...the Brad Pitt headsculpt. :gah:

Hi, so as regards the hair on the sculpt any tips on making this more accurate ? i was going to belt sander the quiff down leaving a line where it joins the forehead and at the back then apply milliputt epoxy putty and sculpt hair to join up between the two edges then primer and repaint very dark brown and dry brush slightly lighter brown perhaps with a piece or two of hair hanging down the frontlike the mech test head just to break up the hair line. gratefull for any advice.

I'm just waiting for someone else to make a more accurate sculpt to sell. There's reason now more than ever for it to happen. I wish I could do it myself, but I'm not going to even entertain the idea that i'm talented enough to try.

iron-man-93.jpgTony_Stark_Iron_Man_Racing_Jacket-700x700.jpg

There is still a chance Hot Toys may make a Stark Racing suit Tony at some point, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking the sculpt will be anything besides the one that comes with Mark V. It might as well not have come with one, because I'll never use it for this figure.

Already used it for my racer stark. Pretty happy with it.

I'm just waiting for someone else to make a more accurate sculpt to sell. There's reason now more than ever for it to happen. I wish I could do it myself, but I'm not going to even entertain the idea that i'm talented enough to try.

View attachment 411780View attachment 411781

There is still a chance Hot Toys may make a Stark Racing suit Tony at some point, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking the sculpt will be anything besides the one that comes with Mark V. It might as well not have come with one, because I'll never use it for this figure.

Yeah, when you hold up the RDJ Mk. V headsculpt to those photos, it looks nothing like him at all. Fail... :gah:

Back