1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, so as regards the hair on the sculpt any tips on making this more accurate ? i was going to belt sander the quiff down leaving a line where it joins the forehead and at the back then apply milliputt epoxy putty and sculpt hair to join up between the two edges then primer and repaint very dark brown and dry brush slightly lighter brown perhaps with a piece or two of hair hanging down the frontlike the mech test head just to break up the hair line. gratefull for any advice.
Grab yourself a $30 knock off Tony 6.0 sculpt from One Sixth Kit. It's neckless and actually looks a little more RDJ than the HT one. It's molded from the CW sculpt, but it's a little smoother which deages him just about right.

You're risking less if you choose to mod it, as you can leave your figure itself stock.

Yeah...nothing a lil super glue won't be able to fix though...although that specific piece is slightly moveable so I hope that doesn't make things difficult to glue back on.

So, did your kneecap repair work OK? I received my Mark V from PCZ yesterday. No issues save for a stripped screw for one of the forearm battery compartments. Had a b*tch of a time getting it out. Fortunately the forearm design completely covers it, so the screw isn't really necessary.

Can't get over how much of an improvement this is over the original...

This is an absolutely gorgeous upgrade. The proportions are spot on and it looks so good from all angles.

I can see why it sold out so fast.

GVxn83k.jpg

Got mine a few days ago. Absolutely love it and it may be my new favorite of my current Mk 6, 45, 46, and 47. I don’t feel super confident about these crotch grabber stands with the die cast figures, though. And I just chucked the head sculpt back in the box. Would be really cool if someone makes a screen accurate version.

Had to get SS to replace a couple of the chest pieces that arrived with scratches, but that was no trouble at all. I learned a while ago to always get my IM figures through them since I’ve had an issue with almost every single one right out of the box. I know people complain about their shipping, but I’ve always had great customer service from them. Also, oddly, I had a couple of stray black paint marks on the thighs that looked like sloppy paint from the grooves, but I was actually able to use my thumb and some spit to rub them away.

I wish had the funds or I would jump on the waitlist to grab another to sell off in 6 months, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, did your kneecap repair work OK? I received my Mark V from PCZ yesterday. No issues save for a stripped screw for one of the forearm battery compartments. Had a b*tch of a time getting it out. Fortunately the forearm design completely covers it, so the screw isn't really necessary.

Can't get over how much of an improvement this is over the original...

So I was a bit busy but finally got around to gluing it tonight. Gonna wait for it to dry and test it out in the morning. I wanted to test out all the lights first before doing the glue because if one of the LEDs didn’t work than it would just be easier exchanging it without having to bother with the popped kneecap piece.

Anyways I will report back tomorrow, hoping the gluing was a success.

This is an absolutely gorgeous upgrade. The proportions are spot on and it looks so good from all angles.

I can see why it sold out so fast.

GVxn83k.jpg

Amazing shot! This is a testament to how incredible this figure is. It doesn’t need a fancy camera to look good. Take it with a cellphone and it just looks stunning! :clap

Got mine a few days ago. Absolutely love it and it may be my new favorite of my current Mk 6, 45, 46, and 47. I don’t feel super confident about these crotch grabber stands with the die cast figures, though. And I just chucked the head sculpt back in the box. Would be really cool if someone makes a screen accurate version.

Had to get SS to replace a couple of the chest pieces that arrived with scratches, but that was no trouble at all. I learned a while ago to always get my IM figures through them since I’ve had an issue with almost every single one right out of the box. I know people complain about their shipping, but I’ve always had great customer service from them. Also, oddly, I had a couple of stray black paint marks on the thighs that looked like sloppy paint from the grooves, but I was actually able to use my thumb and some spit to rub them away.

I wish had the funds or I would jump on the waitlist to grab another to sell off in 6 months, lol.

Just an FYI, you don’t need to buy from Sideshow in order to get replacement parts from them. As long as you buy from an authorized seller you can still get replacement parts from Sideshow.

So I was a bit busy but finally got around to gluing it tonight. Gonna wait for it to dry and test it out in the morning. I wanted to test out all the lights first before doing the glue because if one of the LEDs didn’t work than it would just be easier exchanging it without having to bother with the popped kneecap piece.

Anyways I will report back tomorrow, hoping the gluing was a success.

So the glue job was a success. Even though I placed crazy glue all over the piece it still hinges and moves properly, whew!

Has anyone else had one of the top leg armour pieces come out? It goes straight back in and doesn’t affect posing but once it a while it can pop out again.

Just an FYI, you don’t need to buy from Sideshow in order to get replacement parts from them. As long as you buy from an authorized seller you can still get replacement parts from Sideshow.

Oh cool, good to know. I would still assume it’s a much faster and more straightforward process if you bought direct from them though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone else had one of the top leg armour pieces come out? It goes straight back in and doesn’t affect posing but once it a while it can pop out again.

What piece? The smallest side hip hinge pieces on mine don’t want to sit flush but it doesn’t bother me any, just adds to the look of the armor being made up of a bunch of tiny plates.

Oh cool, good to know. I would still assume it’s a much faster and more straightforward process if you bought direct from them though.

Yeah, I suppose it does take a little longer because you have go through the seller and they have to go to SS regarding any replacements. So it’s an extra step in the entire process, but if you’re patient than it’s worth the savings from not paying SS shipping rates.

What piece? The smallest side hip hinge pieces on mine don’t want to sit flush but it doesn’t bother me any, just adds to the look of the armor being made up of a bunch of tiny plates.

This bit
3d12523826c6c7f30626710710599589.jpg

Hi thanks for advice ,i tried on a £15 tp head trimmed down the quiff and sides applied the milliputt wet it put some food wrap across then used another head to roll on the texture which worked well remove wrap blend into the original edges leave for 4 hours and paint/overbrush/drybrush. as this was my first try i didnt add curls hanging down like the mech test head but i did make them from milliputt and it rolls out really finely like 1mm so its possible. on a side note i dont like the mk5 stand so i added lights to the mk3 bd stand and the mk5dc looks great cheers ian.

Mine came off there as well, put a tiny amount of glue on the part where it inserts & pushed it in until I heard a snap from the piece clicking in. Not sure if the glue was necessary, but the snap of the piece locking in surely is for it to sit flush & not pop out anymore.

The face plate on mine has scratches/scrapes. Sideshow said that’s battle damaged that’s supposed to be on the figure. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• A53D485B-868A-4859-A42B-05E3A87B5B85.jpg
    A53D485B-868A-4859-A42B-05E3A87B5B85.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 269
That’s what I thought, too. So now I have to convince them it’s not. I found pictures of this figure on internet/social media, and it’s supposed to be clean, free of battle damage. I would appreciate it if you can provide a clear picture of yours. Thanks.

Back