1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi gogul1 I'm also in the UK, am in the process of buying a figure directly from Sideshow for the first time (the mk6 in fact so apologies for being slightly off topic) - are you willing to share what you were charged in import taxes? I'm just curious to know what to expect... Thanks!

£65 import tax but someone else got charged £59 so god knows whats going on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on a monthly payment schedule for this guy. One more payment left, and I tried to accelerate it, but I am not sure if I did it right on SS website. I can't wait to get this guy in my hands!

Picked up the Mark 5 during lunch. I thought they gave me the wrong box because it is smaller and lighter than other diecast figures we’re used to.

£65 import tax but someone else got charged £59 so god knows whats going on there

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. It's always good to know what to expect, no matter how painful the news! Don't think I'll be buying from Sideshow direct again unless I really have to, just goes to show it pays to get the pre-orders in with UK suppliers good & early....

Easily the best iron man figure I own & probably FOTY for me. Usually Iron Men are kinda boring haha. 8C9231FE-37B0-43DB-8BF3-7396BF8FDB76.jpgnew owners be warned, this one could be a QC nightmare. Had to glue 3 pieces already, but none were difficult.

He’s arrived in the UK! Got a text from DHL saying it was out for delivery today despite the estimated date being next tuesday! I put a note on for DHL to put it in a safe place and when I got home there it was!
DHL are infinitely better than UPS in my opinion now.
Told me when it was being shipped, let me know import taxes beforehand, sent me a link to pay, it arrived early, read and understood my instructions I left on the site and even left a text saying they’d delivered it. UPS can go to heck now.
Gonna open this open it up now. Excuse me.

Got my figure yesterday, looks awesome. only think that Im having an issue is the back where the battery goes, it does not stay on, any slight movement by me and it falls off. Anyone seen this before on this figure?

I’m having a couple of QC issues with mine. The paint on the face plate has scrape/scratches. The back of the lower left leg armor has a huge gap. Already contacted my local dealer about this.

There’s so much going on with this figure, potential QC issues seem more likely than usual.

Looks pretty good to me, loving the articulation. If you had the original you know the pain. This one is superb except for the lack of thigh swivel. Got to be really careful with it though lots of small hinges that can easily break if the figure falls or you are a little rough with it.
665ca4e6fc1bc58dcf872a6ed7675af2.jpg

how things have changed over the years.

anyone else get scuffs or other imperfections on the face plate?

DeJy2pdVAAALaYx.jpg

Back