1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First impression is ‘yes’.

cbe25a86b29eac12c2b1a6d88c68cbc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the finish. Portrait sculpt is a little underwhelming although paint is good. It’s on a separate flesh-coloured neck joint which I hadn’t expected, but not likely to use anyway.

The silver paint is very reflective, proportions look good to me. Red paint looks a slight touch more candy-apple than the Mark 6.

Most of that is iPhone 6SE lens distortion.

The 5 is slimmer and lankier looking, and I have the torso slightly extended up top beneath the chest.

Is the V similar to the VI where the only way to rotate the torso is by extending it up?

I hope not, because this was not how the engineering was with the previous Iron Men...I kinda get why they needed to do it with the Mk. VI since there was lighting in the ab section, but seeing as how there should be no wires running through the Mk. V torso I feel like torso extension for rotating would be unnecessary...

Torso rotation is achieved by extending one or both sections — one beneath the chest, the other near the waist.

I haven’t spent a ton of time on the articulation so not sure if there’s any give without it.

The hips are definitely a bit finicky due to the design.

I suspect a fair amount of the current Mark 47 hype is due to low production numbers, FOMO, and profit hungry collectors. And I doubt many HT IM fans would list the 47 as a best or favorite armor - see the thread "Which Hot Toys Iron Man..?"

To be fair, the TC in that thread was looking for a definitive looking Iron Man and I think they XLVII is a bit too unique with the paint scheme to fit the bill.

I agree that FOMO and lower production numbers may be playing a part but it is a great looking suit of armor and figure. I think it just took people a little while to come around to it. It’s a variant of the XLVI which many have listed as their favorite armor. The all red paint scheme of the XLVI probably gives it a slight edge over the XLVII for many collectors. On the other hand the XLVII also comes with a clean version of the best RDJ headsculpt compared to the bruised version with the XLVI.

The Mk. 47 is the perfect “case in point”. So many (even HT IM fans) trash talked the suit when first seen but now it’s one of the most sought after diecast figures.

I am totally guilty of this. I called it ugly and swore it off since it was merely a repaint (and a bad one too!)...but then I got it and dang, it's a great in person! So happy I picked it up.

I suspect a fair amount of the current Mark 47 hype is due to low production numbers, FOMO, and profit hungry collectors. And I doubt many HT IM fans would list the 47 as a best or favorite armor - see the thread "Which Hot Toys Iron Man..?"

It gets my vote. I was going to post until I read the OP of the thread you’re referencing lay out criteria that pretty much took the 47 out of discussion; no Silver Centurion one-off looks or colorways. You’re not wrong with the hype factors you list though. Still, no slicker looking armour out there in my books. Throw on that amazing non-battle damaged portrait with the shades and you have one hell of a Tony Stark on your shelf.

(Jaymig’s)

Will sideshow pack this out or is that now a request that is auto declined for IM figures?

Back