1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the silver color disappointing me the most when I got the original V. This definitely does look much better.

I wasn't considering this one because I'm not too fond of the suit design, however I like the die-cast series and this one is looking more than well.

I remember the silver color disappointing me the most when I got the original V. This definitely does look much better.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the look of the original V...and then I was extra disappointed when the wrist/ball broke on both sides when swapping hands after about a year of ownership. I’ve owned nearly every Iron Man HT figure, and this is the only one I’ve had break like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good next to the VI to me

IM3_Hall_of_Armors.jpg

Yeah, I was disappointed with the look of the original V...and then I was extra disappointed when the wrist/ball broke on both sides when swapping hands after about a year of ownership. I’ve owned nearly every Iron Man HT figure, and this is the only one I’ve had break like that.

Wow mine did that too, had to glue in place back on the wrist. That was my very 1st iron man hot toys as well.

I was getting ready to pack mine up for a sale - i havent touched it in 6 years.. but went to put the original 'fist' back on and.. the wrist snapped and came out. I should have kept tabs on the original mark V thread but what can you do - I may end up keeping it vs. selling it for even lower than its going for now

Looks really good. I always liked the concept of the armor more than the design. I thought the scene it was featured in was really cool and like the suitcase idea.

I was getting ready to pack mine up for a sale - i havent touched it in 6 years.. but went to put the original 'fist' back on and.. the wrist snapped and came out. I should have kept tabs on the original mark V thread but what can you do - I may end up keeping it vs. selling it for even lower than its going for now

Yup, this is exactly when mine broke. I had it sold and I was boxing it up. [emoji51]

Got mine - def. a nice upgrade for the old clunky Mark V from 2011. Totally dig the paintjob, sculpt details and the overall engineering. Video later today. But here you find lots of photos incl. comparison shots - i added some to this post as well:

https://www.xenom0rph.com/2018/04/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-v-16-mms400-d18.html

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0017.jpg

0023.jpg

0036.jpg

0012.jpg

0005.jpg

0003.jpg

Conclusion overall is not as satisfying as I'd like to have it. On some parts Hot Toys just performed lackluster - just a repaintof the Tony Stark portrait from the arc reactor creation set or the re-use of the original suitcase with the new silver paint. The potential was huge...but the results compared to the expectations a bit disappointing.

Conclusion overall is not as satisfying as I'd like to have it. On some parts Hot Toys just performed lackluster - just a repaintof the Tony Stark portrait from the arc reactor creation set or the re-use of the original suitcase with the new silver paint. The potential was huge...but the results compared to the expectations a bit disappointing.

Gonna have to disagree with this, all of the engineering that went into this piece makes it hit all expectations.
The suitcase sculpt was fine as-is… the only downer is the Stark head sculpt, but with this suit it looks better helmet on anyhow.

Simply put, it destroys the original… and that was exactly what it's "potential" was from the start.

Gonna have to disagree with this, all of the engineering that went into this piece makes it hit all expectations.
The suitcase sculpt was fine as-is… the only downer is the Stark head sculpt, but with this suit it looks better helmet on anyhow.

Simply put, it destroys the original… and that was exactly what it's "potential" was from the start.

Yeah I was surprised by those comments but hey reviews are subjective and he's of course allowed to say his part about the figure in relation to what he has.

I never had that particular head sculpt, never had the original V or the suitcase so to me I'm happy to have them. And I agree with you....that figure looks best with helmet on and I'll bet most collectors will display it as such.

To me...the detail is higher than the 6 because of all the rivets and exposed inside parts etc, the metallic colouring stands out, the opening chest and leg parts and the Battle Damaged pieces....this has to be on the same level as the 6 or pretty close. I never like having DC figures that don't come
with a hip hugger stand, so that is the negative I have against it and yes I wish the head sculpt was a bit more accurate to the scene. But this raises the bar in some respects to the Iron Man figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back