1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't wait too long. This one seems in short supply, like F1 interest in the US.

Since we finally were shown the Final Product Photos on the HT facebook, and overseas sellers like Timcent now have it in hand, we will be getting this from Sideshow next month. Mark V is my favorite armor of all and the single HT release I've been anticipating this year. Can't wait!

14816a2be2f1c1ae422556be7047d425.jpg

bb32e136fd948e8472d56405c07232ae.jpg

9906fcf947c92d5318811e425a6e3524.jpg

Some more pics from IG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic!
I've been saving up my reward points for either this or Endor Luke & Leia, this may just take them.

I'd like to know what on this is diecast metal?

Last edited:
Looks fantastic!
I've been saving up my reward points for either this or Endor Luke & Leia, this may just take them.

We prob won't find that out until an english reviewer gets the figure. Can't wait until Xenomorphs review.

The interchangeable arm has me wondering about whether or not there is diecast in the arm region.

But listen...figure looks amamzing. The metal parts really looks metallic (haha). Very complex design.

Looks fantastic!

On most of these the legs are diecast and other bits and pieces like the bicep cover, a back part, etc. It's a little different on each one. These DC figures are still mostly plastic with (as HT likes to say) "diecast materials".

We prob won't find that out until an english reviewer gets the figure. Can't wait until Xenomorphs review.

The interchangeable arm has me wondering about whether or not there is diecast in the arm region.

But listen...figure looks amamzing. The metal parts really looks metallic (haha). Very complex design.

I'm surprised someone has yet to translate that from in the Chinese videos. I'll keep waiting.
One reason I don't want to get this is that I have several IM figures already, I really love this suit, but how many IM figures do I really need.

On most of these the legs are diecast and other bits and pieces like the bicep cover, a back part, etc. It's a little different on each one. These DC figures are still mostly plastic with (as HT likes to say) "diecast materials".

So it'll probably be just like my Robocop, the only diecast HT figure I own. Kind of a let down that more isn't made of metal especially the delicate parts of the suit.

Hmm, percentage-wise...what do we think here? Like maybe 40-50% diecast? Assuming that the lower half of the figure is mostly diecast with some diecast pieces on the shoulder, bicep, and back?

I would say more like 30% give or take if it's like the last few releases. When i tore apart my DC War Machine MK1 (had to get a replacement) i was really suprised at how little was DC but they are really engineered great. it was a ***** to destroy. The War Machine MK2 body has DC in the torso so we will not know for sure with the V until we get it in had.

I would say more like 30% give or take if it's like the last few releases. When i tore apart my DC War Machine MK1 (had to get a replacement) i was really suprised at how little was DC but they are really engineered great. it was a ***** to destroy. The War Machine MK2 body has DC in the torso so we will not know for sure with the V until we get it in had.

Hmm, that's surprising since WM Mk I is probably the heaviest diecast release there is...so far.

Hmm, that's surprising since WM Mk I is probably the heaviest diecast release there is...so far.

That's what surprised me. I kept my MK1 on the bottom shelf of my display until recently because it was to heavy to put it where i wanted it. When Hulkbuster arrived i took a weekend and reinforced the middle shelf to hold the weight of whatever i wanted and finally moved it up. I have all the DC IM/WM figures HT has made so far and the MK1 is the heaviest it is a beast. It might not have a lot of DC but it's thick DC.

Last edited:
I know people want more diecast but I'm guessing the placement and amount of diecast is not only a money thing. I bet it has to do with the design. If you put diecast on the entire figure, the weight would put a lot of pressure on the knee joints. Keeping the majority of diecast on the bottom half alleviates that issue.

Just a theory.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Diecast chips paint easier so they try to keep it away from high movement areas if possible. It also doesn’t take detail as well. And the guess about joints is a good one. Though diecast is not more expensive as a material then plastic. Plastic is actually more expensive, depending on how oil prices are at any given time. Diecast was initially more expensive due to having to get new machines to make it and because slapping that label on allowed them to charge more. It doesn’t cost any more to make then plastic.

Not my photo

Attachments

• c83d70cf3bc79f3d40d82c4fb6a1cd11728b2990.jpg
    c83d70cf3bc79f3d40d82c4fb6a1cd11728b2990.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 214
Back