1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, not sure from that video it doesn’t look that much bigger to me. It’s wider which is a good thing. The reds are definitely different. I’m not saying I’m going to do it just wondering if it would be an easy swap.

It’s bigger.

B118C080-DB07-4783-8B29-F22B332C8365.jpeg

That silver paint app is amazing! That's the selling point for me, even though I hate the RDJ headsculpt with a passion. They should have revamped it to be screen accurate!!! :gah:

Thanks for the reply. I’m hoping to do a couple dynamic poses in the air. I have 5 diecast IM figures. Budget Stark said the Hot Toys dynamic stands eventually break with the weight of a diecast figure and these diorama stands take up half a shelf...am I out of luck!? :(

I don't know why this is my favorite IM suit, so this is the only one I PO'ed.

I don't know why this is my favorite IM suit, so this is the only one I PO'ed.

It’s a great looking figure and now that it’s diecast with the correct silver (and red), it will look better than the Silver Centurion. At least In my opinion.

I totally understand the love for a silver and red armor. For HT, at least for now, the only 2 that fit that bill are the SC and Mk. V. Some may argue that the SMHC Mk. XLVII fits in that category (and it kinda does) but it has a gold faceplate and some gold highlights throughout. Also, the Mk. XLVII’s silver is muted and isn’t really mixed in with the red like Mk. V and SC.

I’d love a diecast Silver Centurion but that will never happen. And even with 15 HPP armors left, only Tiger, Mk. XIX, has a (mostly) silver and red color scheme.

Maybe, not sure from that video it doesn’t look that much bigger to me. It’s wider which is a good thing. The reds are definitely different. I’m not saying I’m going to do it just wondering if it would be an easy swap.

Well it’s all about the size of the peg at the bottom of the necks on both figures. There’s no way you can swap helmets because the OG Mk. V uses that old lame big bulb that’s part of the neck. Whereas the new diecast Mk. V has the batteries and lights in the actual helmet.

Still, there’s a possibility of swapping the entire helmet and neck of each figure if the ball peg at the bottom of the necks are the same size. Of course, almost anything can be done with modifications, but I’m simply talking about stock to stock swapping.

Yeah I can see that. I would prefer a mirror or chrome finish for most of the silver on the suits, personally. But I can see why they don’t do that often. It’s more expensive paint and it wears a lot harder.

So several years ago I got the the Mark 4 and Mark 6 when they originally came out, but didn't get the chance to get the Mark 5 for whatever reason. But I'm glad I waited for this version because I think it's fantastic!

Took some pics and did a brief video review on it.

Iron Man Mark 5 Project scene picture.jpg

Iron Man Mark V wide shot.jpg

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark V Review - Diecast Movie Masterpiece

So several years ago I got the the Mark 4 and Mark 6 when they originally came out, but didn't get the chance to get the Mark 5 for whatever reason. But I'm glad I waited for this version because I think it's fantastic!

Took some pics and did a brief video review on it.

View attachment 405601

View attachment 405602

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark V Review - Diecast Movie Masterpiece

Nice review Otaka. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back