1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idea about people only buying re-issues because "they saw the aftermarket values" is pretty dubious. There are lots of reasons someone might jump on a reissue.

I'll stop your quote there because I didn't say it was the only reason, but it definitely is a big one IMO. It's just human nature. The mark 47 is a great example. Just read through the thread on this forum about the design of the suit. But due to initially low demand and the subsequent high after market prices, it got a reissue (with improvements).

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall reissues being quite as prevalent in the past. Remakes, yes, but not reissues. I'll happily spend money on remakes with significant improvements. Reissues are a whole different thing.

I'll stop your quote there because I didn't say it was the only reason, but it definitely is a big one IMO. It's just human nature.

Yup, nobody preordered this back in the day along with Mark 47, Shoretrooper, Dark Side Anakin, Light Side Anakin, Yondu, TK trooper 2 pack, etc.

Now they claim these are my favorite. Because there is perceived value.

There are thousands of studies done and theres a ton psychological reasoning behind wanting what you cant have and what others want that influence your decision making.

Horse is dead.

Yup, nobody preordered this back in the day along with Mark 47, Shoretrooper, Dark Side Anakin, Light Side Anakin, Yondu, TK trooper 2 pack, etc.

Now they claim these are my favorite. Because there is perceived value.

There are thousands of studies done and theres a ton psychological reasoning behind wanting what you cant have and what others want that influence your decision making.

Horse is dead.

Just read the first half of the Mk 47 thread. Almost universal hatred for the design, it was dumb looking, it was half painted, this is stupid and lazy, etc etc etc. The overwhelming belief is that it was such an uninteresting armor that Hot Toys wouldn't even bother making it. It didn't get pre-orders, so they probably didn't make many, it still hung around in stock for a while. Then it was gone. Wait its like rare, you can't buy it cheap, what the hell. Then people wanted it.

I'll stop your quote there because I didn't say it was the only reason, but it definitely is a big one IMO. It's just human nature. The mark 47 is a great example. Just read through the thread on this forum about the design of the suit. But due to initially low demand and the subsequent high after market prices, it got a reissue (with improvements).

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall reissues being quite as prevalent in the past. Remakes, yes, but not reissues. I'll happily spend money on remakes with significant improvements. Reissues are a whole different thing.

It's a new thing for them. I would guess because it's easy money. tooling is all paid for so profit margins are much higher. I'm not sure if the 47 really got any real improvements. Pieces are falling off right out of the box. Someone posted a photo of 4 different parts that came off the figure in the box yesterday. Hot Toys QC is getting bad a lot of Cody figures have broken arms out of the box and then there is the MK85.

Just read the first half of the Mk 47 thread. Almost universal hatred for the design, it was dumb looking, it was half painted, this is stupid and lazy, etc etc etc. The overwhelming belief is that it was such an uninteresting armor that Hot Toys wouldn't even bother making it. It didn't get pre-orders, so they probably didn't make many, it still hung around in stock for a while. Then it was gone. Wait its like rare, you can't buy it cheap, what the hell. Then people wanted it.

Yes exactly. I remember when they put it up for PO and all the noise followed. I love the 47 because I love the movie plus I love silver (Mark II diecast is my favorite). Mark's II and III are not oversized, in fact they are more correct than the armors that followed, especially the Mark V (he is the tallest).
Who knows why HT have these guys misscaled, nonetheless it is not an issue for me.

The poster who's primary contribution to this forum is complaining about stuff they don't want.

I already have it. I bought it two years ago when you should have if you wanted it. And now I'm going to cancel the clean 85 next week out of spite. Would otherwise have kept it. Happy New Year!

I already have it. I bought it two years ago when you should have if you wanted it. And now I'm going to cancel the clean 85 next week out of spite. Would otherwise have kept it. Happy New Year!

You should be happy. Money saved. I have it also and with all the reissues it's saving me some $$.

When they put up the reissue of Mark 47, I posted that I figured this one and Mark 46 would be coming back up for pre-order eventually as well. Glad to know I was right about one of them. We'll see if the other comes to fruition as well.

It's a new thing for them. I would guess because it's easy money. tooling is all paid for so profit margins are much higher. I'm not sure if the 47 really got any real improvements. Pieces are falling off right out of the box. Someone posted a photo of 4 different parts that came off the figure in the box yesterday. Hot Toys QC is getting bad a lot of Cody figures have broken arms out of the box and then there is the MK85.

Improvement may have been unintentional, but whichever factory painted the head sculpt seemed to have done a better job. I think part of the QC problems are using different factories and painters, which is exacerbated when you produce and reissue too many products.

Back