1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted this in the other Mark V thread lol, thought it applied here.

At this point they will rerelease everything and after that rererelease it all again haha. I understand this a business, but you dont see automakers rereleasing cars that have gone up significantly.

What happens when a government just prints more money when there isn't precious metals to back it up? It becomes worthless. If Hot Toys keeps this up collecting their products will become pointless too. In a sense they are in fact causing their own demise. Yes, they are getting new customers at the expense of alienating their preexisting consumers.

Fact:

Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer. Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits from 25-95%. The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.

Eh, I'd say HT only alienates their existing customer base when they put out low-quality s***...other than that, I don't much care for re-releases unless the re-release has major improvements over the first one, as yacobschlomo stated.

I already have it. I bought it two years ago when you should have if you wanted it. And now I'm going to cancel the clean 85 next week out of spite. Would otherwise have kept it. Happy New Year!

Nice! A man with conviction and sticking it to HT...we need more people like you! :clap :hi5:

Some are better (can't say about the 47 as i didn't need two of them) and some are worse. Only thing i really hate on some of the "updated" reissues is use of rubber suits and printed details when the originals had actual material and separate attached detailing. Some have better headscuplts but cheaper outfits.

and are more expensive of course

Some are better (can't say about the 47 as i didn't need two of them) and some are worse. Only thing i really hate on some of the "updated" reissues is use of rubber suits and printed details when the originals had actual material and separate attached detailing. Some have better headscuplts but cheaper outfits.

*ahem* Avengers Loki 2.0...

I absolutely find the salty tears of members of the community crying over this reissue to be hilarious.

As far as I'm concerned, sucks to be you, there's the door! Some doors reissue a swing back at you so watch yourself on the way out :wave

I wonder if them doing this reissue has anything to do with Mark 85 release and added delay? Could they be trying to win back support?

I'm guessing this was going to happen regardless but maybe pushed ahead of schedule to quiet the mob and win back some favor.

I wonder if them doing this reissue has anything to do with Mark 85 release and added delay? Could they be trying to win back support?

I'm guessing this was going to happen regardless but maybe pushed ahead of schedule to quiet the mob and win back some favor.

Doubt it. They have a ton of other stuff that just came out that are getting great reviews and this reissue will not be out for another year after the 85 ships in this fall.

As others have stated, none of these were touted as numbered editions so it's their prerogative to re-issue.

My only salinity is the nagging thought that a re-issue is diverting manufacturing resources from characters we've all been waiting a very long time for, but that's about it. Who knows if that's even a factor.

The Mark V is a great figure to re-issue if they must. It's one of the best IM they've ever done and I think they're right to be proud of it.

Doubt it. They have a ton of other stuff that just came out that are getting great reviews and this reissue will not be out for another year after the 85 ships in this fall.

That's another thing. I wonder why the Mark 47 was fast tracked and out in 7-8 months whereas the Mark V is guesstimated at around 2 years.

That's another thing. I wonder why the Mark 47 was fast tracked and out in 7-8 months whereas the Mark V is guesstimated at around 2 years.

They are just backed up. I would guess it depends on the factory and what is in line before they can start on the MKV.

There is also a glut of Iron Men sitting in stock, there are 8 armors available (3 of which are already reissues) on Sideshow and 6 more on pre-order as it is. No reason to rush and dilute the market even more

There is also a glut of Iron Men sitting in stock, there are 8 armors available (3 of which are already reissues) on Sideshow and 6 more on pre-order as it is. No reason to rush and dilute the market even more

Curious what are the 8 instock Iron Man armors?
7, 50, IV Holo, Rest?

3 reissues?
43, 44, 47?

What are the 6 for PO
21, 85, 85 BD, Rest?

Not in diagreeance with you, just trying to visualize them. Iron Man is their cash cow. Regardless if he's dead in the MCU Hoy Toys will continue to pump him out. After all it is a business. They feel like Hasbro to me. I love what I have from them especially their early figures (Iron Monger, Gantry, etc.), but they're headed in a direction that isn't for me. I like having edition sizes and not having resources used for reissues when they could put out figures that are already way passed due.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 6.36.44 PM.jpg

This all the 1/6 in stock. I left out the 1/4 scale

Back