1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices are crazy across the board these days, but I’m a sucker for comic-tech. [emoji38]

287dfd888b3124535a7c9ddae816a7cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won this guy on eBay over the weekend. Can't wait for him to arrive this week. Will be the 2nd Iron Man figure in my collection after the Mark 47 diecast.

Won this guy on eBay over the weekend. Can't wait for him to arrive this week. Will be the 2nd Iron Man figure in my collection after the Mark 47 diecast.

Congrats! Two very nice pieces. Maybe the 3rd suit can be Silver Centurion Mark 33 to continue the red and silver look.

Nice. 2 of my favourites. Some people hated (or seem to still) the 47 because of all the gunmetal and chrome, but it gives that 46/47 airframe a nice machine aesthetic.

Although aftermarket prices would indicate some people at least warmed up to the 47. Some of that is just perceived value driven by scarcity though.

I see far too much complaining about "missing out" on this or that. You didn't "miss out", you failed to purchase one when it was available for sale for whatever reason, take some responsibility. These things are up for pre-order for at least a year usually, plenty of opportunity. If you want something that is gone badly enough pay up. It's ok if not everyone gets exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. Some of these die-cast 2.0 figures have been out less than a year and some people here seem to want a do-over for no other reason than the price has increased.

I see far too much complaining about "missing out" on this or that. You didn't "miss out", you failed to purchase one when it was available for sale for whatever reason, take some responsibility. These things are up for pre-order for at least a year usually, plenty of opportunity. If you want something that is gone badly enough pay up. It's ok if not everyone gets exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. Some of these die-cast 2.0 figures have been out less than a year and some people here seem to want a do-over for no other reason than the price has increased.

I would usually agree with this whole thing. But this figure specifically, didn’t really ever hit in-stock in sideshow. It went straight from preorder to waitlist if I remember right. Or close it. I understand those who don’t like preordering because of NRD or thought they had more time while he was under preorder. I personally don’t care about NRD but I have empathy for those who do and those that got caught by surprise with this one

This mark is just so amazing, like it more and more each time I repose. Love it’s proportions and sleek look, amazes me how much functional detail HT made in this update. The sliding plates, battle damage cuts and weathering is top notch. Displays so well.

yOkOwZk.jpg

Diecast Iron Man figures from HT have exploded in popularity, and with them almost never issuing re-releases (the Mark 43 being an exception), if you even have an inkling of interest in a suit, you are almost required to PO or be prepared to wade through the second hand market will massive mark ups.

This mark is just so amazing, like it more and more each time I repose. Love it’s proportions and sleek look, amazes me how much functional detail HT made in this update. The sliding plates, battle damage cuts and weathering is top notch. Displays so well.

yOkOwZk.jpg

Fantastic shot!

[...]

I really didn't give it enough credit when I first got it. I now think it's an exceptional release by Hot Toys in terms of finish and engineering, and it comes from a short but really fun scene in what I consider to be an underrated film. (Yes, IM2 has problems but it's *fun*).

To me, the Mark 4 is analogous to classic heavy metal like a Mustang or a Charger, whereas the Mark 5 reminds me of a stripped down roadster.

The 46/47 frame is more like a contemporary muscle car -- maybe a Viper.

I really didn't give it enough credit when I first got it. I now think it's an exceptional release by Hot Toys in terms of finish and engineering, and it comes from a short but really fun scene in what I consider to be an underrated film. (Yes, IM2 has problems but it's *fun*).

To me, the Mark 4 is analogous to classic heavy metal like a Mustang or a Charger, whereas the Mark 5 reminds me of a stripped down roadster.

The 46/47 frame is more like a contemporary muscle car -- maybe a Viper.

I can agree with this statement. Mine should be here tomorrow. Can't wait.

I can agree with this statement. Mine should be here tomorrow. Can't wait.

Yeah, you’re going to love it.

It’s the last figure I’d ever sell or trade from my collection.

It’s perfection.

Could not agree more with all of this, 100%. It is a entitled world, to be sure.
"I missed out, now it is more expensive -- Hot Toys needs to re-issue it NOW so I can buy it".

The thing was available on pre-order like all the others for a long time. Like you said, if you did not get it and want it now... pay up.

Back