1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of it now that I've shown that it clearly doesn't look like her when it's properly composed side by side and not split four ways.

Like I said, still looks like her to me :dunno I will modify the sculpt as I mentioned earlier in the thread to go with her main outfit. Will I buy the figure? nope. Will just get one of the KO's from OSK that are just as good as the HT :lol

That's an illusion having it split with her real face. Especially the way you have it edited so it's flipped with the faces on opposite sides. The mind fills in the blanks and connects them when they're not even close.

It's not close when you do this,

View attachment 317647

Lips aren't even the same, especially the top one.

I was waiting for someone to point this out. Split, yeah they seem to match up, side by side, forehead, jaw, nose, mouth, all slightly different and slight in 1/6 makes a big difference.

Looks like her to me :dunno seems pretty spot on actually

16114021_1296926207048576_1337410879442470531_n.jpg

Lips are huge, forehead is too small. Something wonky with her eyes and expression. Her eyebrows are too low and her nose too pointy. It just does not look like her.

suicide-squad-trailer-image-4.png

HARLEY_QUINNprisoner-version_V_03-600x867.jpg

also, her face shape is considerable off, it should be more lengthy and less squished-up frodo baggins like.

That's an illusion having it split with her real face. Especially the way you have it edited so it's flipped with the faces on opposite sides. The mind fills in the blanks and connects them when they're not even close.

It's not close when you do this,

View attachment 317647

Lips aren't even the same, especially the top one.

:exactly::goodpost:

agree the comment on the expresso maker accessory or will that be the 'sideshow exclusive'!

Lips are huge, forehead is too small. Something wonky with her eyes and expression. Her eyebrows are too low and her nose too pointy. It just does not look like her.

suicide-squad-trailer-image-4.png

HARLEY_QUINNprisoner-version_V_03-600x867.jpg

also, her face shape is considerable off, it should be more lengthy and less squished-up frodo baggins like.

hahahah I love these posts. I think it looks perfect! The top comparisons are from literally the exact same angle and the bottom shots are from totally different angles with different lighting. I bet Hot Toys could digitally scan actors and print perfect to the molecule heads and people would still complain. All I know is to each their own. And to me, this head is one of the best I've ever seen them do.

Yup, glad we agree. It's not a good sculpt and it looks nothing like her. Just looking at the comparisons the lips, eyes, brows and facial structure are totally off. If you painted this headsculpt without the clown make up, it wouldn't even look like her. As it stands now, she looks like a random Asian geisha girl or something, especially with those eyes.

Check this out, Sideshow member URSW made this.

nqKsnKy.gif

How do you like it?

That's a GREAT step in the right direction. Just the little changes like the lips and eyes and forehead bring in the likeness way more.

You_Doodle_2017-01-19T16_43_59Z.jpg

Because this is so barebones (similar to AA Joker), Hot Toys could have included a deluxe flying-style stand that allowed her to hang in the silks for added poseability. Might be a good idea for one of the custom companies to look at offering.

Yup, glad we agree. It's not a good sculpt and it looks nothing like her. Just looking at the comparisons the lips, eyes, brows and facial structure are totally off. If you painted this headsculpt without the clown make up, it wouldn't even look like her. As it stands now, she looks like a random Asian geisha girl or something, especially with those eyes.

Check this out, Sideshow member URSW made this.

That's a GREAT step in the right direction. Just the little changes like the lips and eyes and forehead bring in the likeness way more.

View attachment 317706

:goodpost:

that mock up is great, really shows how weak the sculpt is. i don't have much interest in this figure, or i'd be complaining more. but i just don't see how blind HT fans don't see this stuff. i mean that gif is pure evidence of how bad the sculpt is. :lol

hahahah I love these posts. I think it looks perfect! The top comparisons are from literally the exact same angle and the bottom shots are from totally different angles with different lighting. I bet Hot Toys could digitally scan actors and print perfect to the molecule heads and people would still complain. All I know is to each their own. And to me, this head is one of the best I've ever seen them do.

look at that and tell me the sculpt isn't off. :lol

yeah it was indeed tea

I'm pretty sure it was espresso, because that's what she wanted from Waller: an Espresso machine. Everybody got what they wanted and were happy-ish at the end (except for Boomerang).

Back