1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This!!!!
Yes you are correct- people want to hate everything, want extreme posebility but yet they want to pose their figures in neutral poses, and many a times avoid extreme poses so they can resell etc. But they will be the first to complain - restricted articulation too open a mouth, only one pose possible bla bla bla...
I am not against that logic however no one I have seen has their collection with max variance in poses from figure to figure (some do MOST don't) ... Even figures like ironman are posed neutral by folks (but yet Harley has to have every pose possible in the book like a yoga instructor)

To me accuracy over extreme articulation is way more imp. The only real pose I felt that I wanted her to be posed in and may not make much sense and not cause of the sculpt but cause of the "back portion of her knees"'is the bent up twerk pose. The knee from behind are not as washed up as from the front. But I guess I can live with that for accuracy (tattoos)

------------

I was just thinking about how everyone is so concerned that you will only be able to put her in one pose because of the expression and the fact she's looking to one side, but 99% of the collection picture that I see just have every figure in the same upright neutral pose, looking unnatural as hell. So is the concern that the expressive portrait won't match a terrible manikin like pose?

I kind of had a similar opinion when I first saw the figure, but when I got to thinking about it I realized there actually is a lot of fun poses you'll be able to pull off to make the portrait fit perfectly. The only bad thing is that she's a year away. :(

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

July 2017 at the eairliest ???
Man .... Waited all year for the possible announcement of her ... And now another year to obtain her . Anyone else think that before HT saw the knock offs and bootlegs they had no interest here ?.

Man .... Waited all year for the possible announcement of her ... And now another year to obtain her . Anyone else think that before HT saw the knock offs and bootlegs they had no interest here ?.
I'm extremely annoyed at the wait time for her and Joker :gah: The movie is out this year and it will be almost a year old when these are out. Some of us can't wait that long :(

I am surprised as well, a year? lol they usually take 4-5 months

Its not even complex thing like Hulkbuster

I don't think its that.....maybe it was an error? Surely HT won't wait a year to release these? I pre-ordered through Sideshow for Harley. I had to have the hammer.

I don't think its that.....maybe it was an error? Surely HT won't wait a year to release these? I pre-ordered through Sideshow for Harley. I had to have the hammer.

Hot Toys' site has them listed for Q2-Q3 of next year as well.

I think that's a possibility. Something at the last minute made them decide to make suicide figures. The trailer has been out for a while. Makes no sense that they will come out a year after the movie is released. Batman vs Superman figures at least coming out much closer to movies release on Blu-ray and theatrical. Then they will announce another Harley or Justice league figures and these will be forgotten imo and sit or be posted for sale. It all depends on how the movie does. If I really like it will pick suicide figures up then.

I agree it seems like a long time for these figures but I am wondering if hot toys is just place holding those dates just in case they want to add more to the figures . I mean these figures can change at anytime since they won't be released until next year and things can change . I'd say if you love this version of Harley already then go for it and if your on the fence than wait for the movie to decide .

A year wait makes perfect sense to me. They probably make a big chunk of change from the NRDs. People trigger heavy with the pre-order, especially during high marketing season, then they will get bored or the movie will bomb and the collector rationalizes a NRD loss vs. a $249.99 loss.

Constantly revealing new lineups at these conventions keeps these companies relevant and the collectors pumped for more.

A year wait makes perfect sense to me. They probably make a big chunk of change from the NRDs. People trigger heavy with the pre-order, especially during high marketing season, then they will get bored or the movie will bomb and the collector rationalizes a NRD loss vs. a $249.99 loss.

Constantly revealing new lineups at these conventions keeps these companies relevant and the collectors pumped for more.

I don't see that happening.

The wait is especially odd for The Joker considering the Arkham version is set for this year. The outfits for Joker, Harley, and Deadshot don't seem any more complex than other figures really. The only thing I can think of on Joker and Harley is that they have tattooed bodies but even then I wouldn't think it would take that much longer. Plus figures from Civil War and Batman V Superman are coming fairly soon relative to when they were announced.

I placed my PO right when they went live. I love everything about this figure. My only complaint would have to be the 250 price tag. But it obviously didn't stop me from Pre-Ordering lol.

I was just thinking about how everyone is so concerned that you will only be able to put her in one pose because of the expression and the fact she's looking to one side, but 99% of the collection picture that I see just have every figure in the same upright neutral pose, looking unnatural as hell. So is the concern that the expressive portrait won't match a terrible manikin like pose?

I kind of had a similar opinion when I first saw the figure, but when I got to thinking about it I realized there actually is a lot of fun poses you'll be able to pull off to make the portrait fit perfectly. The only bad thing is that she's a year away. :(

:goodpost:

I'm so happy we FINALLY get a woman without zombie face.

I suspect that the year long wait has more to do with factory production schedules than anything to do with the complexity of the figure. If you look at the sheer number of figures Hot Toys is putting on the schedule between Marvel, DC, and Star Wars, it's not surprising that there are going to be long waits just for manufacturing. Still sucks, though.

I placed my PO right when they went live. I love everything about this figure. My only complaint would have to be the 250 price tag. But it obviously didn't stop me from Pre-Ordering lol.

Yoooo, the prices on these guys are crazy. Damn!

Wow it's one of the first ever female Hot Toys headsculpts that don't look like completely lifeless dollheads.

Back