1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally arrived...
a48017824a249163714918a5b5eb4584.jpg

I'm curious, how do you guys feel about the boxers and leggings on this version of the character? I think they look awesome and might provide a hint to his background and to how he can go toe to toe with batman, and survive

I'm curious, how do you guys feel about the boxers and leggings on this version of the character? I think they look awesome and might provide a hint to his background and to how he can go toe to toe with batman, and survive

Not a big fan of any of it. I like much better the version with arkham pants from the beginning of the movie / empire cover. Only hint of his past is the grill and "damaged" tattoo. Bats beat the **** out of him after he murdered Jason.

I actually really like the look and direction they're taking with this Joker. I think it would be cool if it was a hint of his background. I just like the fact that he his a modern version of the joker, which is why I can see why so many people don't like him, beingThe Joker is such an iconic character. He's always been a crazy gangster though, at his core. Even though he's been done a million different ways! It's cool to see a modern version of that though. I just hope they do more with him in the future.

I actually really like the look and direction they're taking with this Joker. I think it would be cool if it was a hint of his background. I just like the fact that he his a modern version of the joker, which is why I can see why so many people don't like him, beingThe Joker is such an iconic character. He's always been a crazy gangster though, at his core. Even though he's been done a million different ways! It's cool to see a modern version of that though. I just hope they do more with him in the future.
Agreed, it's not for everyone but it's just a modern way of expressing his outlandishness and colourful nature. The whole cartel thing, with their expensive suits and flashy guns really is a good way of portraying him in a modern context, whilst allowing him to maintain that scary psychopathic criminal aspect. And the look reflects this.

Not a big fan of any of it. I like much better the version with arkham pants from the beginning of the movie / empire cover. Only hint of his past is the grill and "damaged" tattoo. Bats beat the **** out of him after he murdered Jason.
Yeah, and even that is questionable to me. Suicide Squad implies on screen that Harley had some hand in Jason's death, but Joker already has the grill and Damaged tattoo before she turns over, so something doesn't add up there.

That is very interesting. Never really gave it much thought other than maybe this Joker is a Tyler Durdenesq type of dresser. But what you said makes perfect sense for a backstory on this look... and I'm going to use it. :duff

Hmm could be the angle I suppose or the awful cellphone camera. I think the outfit itself is pretty on point. Was harder than I thought it would be to find green stuff.

Tell me about it! Been trying to find a suitable green shirt for ages – the one thing I didn't like about the SS Joker was the shirt, would love a silky green shirt.

I think his look in the coat is actually pretty cool, until you get down to the boxing shorts and you're just like... okay then.

I think he should've had Batman logo socks and some black pants of an interesting design. Some ribbed, punk satin with studs dotting the kneecaps or something. I mean, the Arkham pants went pretty nice with the coat, briefly.

Back