1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attended an advanced screening of Suicide Squad last night and absolutely loved it. Go see it for the standout performances alone if the mixed critical response is turning you off :) Will Smith is phenomenal as Deadshot. Margot is pitch perfect as Harley (being fans of the BTAS...her bits had my friend and I smiling from ear to ear throughout the film). Moreoever, Leto's steals every scene he's in (very much like Ledger did).

Interesting as most critics are saying that Smith, Leto and Robbie were the only good things about the film. Although a few reviews said that Leto fell short of Ledger in every way so I'm interested to see this myself.

I liked BvS but because I've been dying since I was a kid to see these guys on screen together so the nostalgia and fanboy factors were really at play here. Overall the film was a mess and poorly produced without a definitive story, it felt like three different stories smashed together. In the end it was a great Batman mini-movie, a nice Wonder Woman short and a bad Superman movie.

Leto is Affleck's Joker, so I'll buy the figure just due to that but I'm really hoping that the DCEU can turn it around. It has nothing to do with Marvel, it has to do with WB/DC trying to take the fast line to a cinematic expanded universe and not wanting to put in the 10 years that Marvel did.

sigh what.

they have only 3 movies out, they had to make them work. but all seem to have the same faults.

marvel has some mediocre movies also, but they also have ones that are good. DC universe has 0 movies so far that instill any trust.

You can't just come out the gate falling like DC is right now.

Ah I see, your opinion is fact. :slap
We've been through this with BVS and you were unable to substantiate any argument regarding the "faults" you saw in it.
Now you do us one better and assign the flaws before seeing the film.
You must be a critic! :lol

Interesting as most critics are saying that Smith, Leto and Robbie were the only good things about the film. Although a few reviews said that Leto fell short of Ledger in every way so I'm interested to see this myself.

I liked BvS but because I've been dying since I was a kid to see these guys on screen together so the nostalgia and fanboy factors were really at play here. Overall the film was a mess and poorly produced without a definitive story, it felt like three different stories smashed together. In the end it was a great Batman mini-movie, a nice Wonder Woman short and a bad Superman movie.

Leto is Affleck's Joker, so I'll buy the figure just due to that but I'm really hoping that the DCEU can turn it around. It has nothing to do with Marvel, it has to do with WB/DC trying to take the fast line to a cinematic expanded universe and not wanting to put in the 10 years that Marvel did.

Best comment of the day and possibly the week. [emoji1360]

Ah I see, your opinion is fact. :slap
We've been through this with BVS and you were unable to substantiate any argument regarding the "faults" you saw in it.
Now you do us one better and assign the flaws before seeing the film.
You must be a critic! :lol

it's a fact that these movies are faltering because people think they aren't good.

i guess just ignoring that and believing the critics are involved in some sort of conspiracy against DC movies is more credible though.

thanks fanboizzz.

Last edited:
Seriously. All these claims that critics just have it out for DC are completely irrational and just a form of deflection.

What reason would they have? Especially after the Dark Knight trilogy was very well received by the same critics.

sigh what.

they have only 3 movies out, they had to make them work. but all seem to have the same faults.

marvel has some mediocre movies also, but they also have ones that are good. DC universe has 0 movies so far that instill any trust.

You can't just come out the gate falling like DC is right now.

Marvel wasn't exactly cracking homeruns at first either. Iron Man was good (not great), Hulk was mediocre, Iron Man 2 was awful and both Thor and Captain America were pretty forgettable. They caught their stride with Avengers, Cap 2, Guardians and Ant-man but stumbled with Thor 2, Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2.

I think DC will be fine. Wonder Woman and JL will be when they hit their stride.

Marvel wasn't exactly cracking homeruns at first either. Iron Man was good (not great), Hulk was mediocre, Iron Man 2 was awful and both Thor and Captain America were pretty forgettable. They caught their stride with Avengers, Cap 2, Guardians and Ant-man but stumbled with Thor 2, Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2.

I think DC will be fine. Wonder Woman and JL will be when they hit their stride.

I thought the first iron man was great.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Disney buyouts, plus the Batman trilogy wasn't challenging with a universe. I could See that happening
Give me a break. They're making subpar films and the bar has been set incredibly high. Not just by Disney but even Fox with Deadpool recently and other X-Men films. Also Warner has made decent DC films in the past with the Nolan trilogy. DC just isn't doing as good as they could be.

it's a fact that these movies are faltering because people think they aren't good.

i guess just ignoring that and believing the critics are involved in some sort of conspiracy against DC movies is more credible though.

thanks fanboizzz.

Nice try but that's not what I said, not even close.

I have not seen a single positive review of this movie except for margots tushie! - any movie that stars will smith has to go down ;) while he has been lucky - he is a very very overrated star- I wil still buy Harley but looks like that's about it :( I feel bad for the other star cast though. However like someone rightly said - the cast is - young kiddo girls with overaged men with average acting

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Last edited:
It was. It set the bar at its time until Avengers... and now Winter Soldier.

Not sure what any of this conversation has to do with basically a dumb idea that was Suicide Squad. Not surprised people don't like it.
I don't think that it was an entirely dumb idea to make a Suicide Squad film but I've said it since the beginning that it was dumb to turn focus on a property like it so early on. It's a property that should have been eased into after DC had a few established hits with their core characters. It shouldn't have been the third film in this universe.

I agree but again he is also far more experienced than others. He is yet to surprise me - to be Honest. To me he is No Denzel. No class No act! Just a loud mouthed average actor. Actually below average!
Btw - I am like a Denzel fan! Way way too classy that dude!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

I have heard that Smith, Robbie and Davis are the standouts in the film. Really have not heard a lot about Leto (besides limited screen time) and being a big Joker fan he would be the reason i'm going.

Don't do it, don't listen to him! None of the characters in it are worth the $220-$250 price tag.

And people that want the entire team can forget about that. :lol

Thanks. I won't anymore. I saw a review on YouTube by Beyond the Trailer, and she said they used an early 2000's Eminem song during the team's suit up scene....it's over, man.

I can take a lot of things, even a gangsta Joker with a "damaged" tattoo, but some "funny" dated song during a suit up sequence? **** that! Not to mention all the other embarrassing things she mentioned in the review.

So, this is the first time I won't be getting a Joker figure from a film. Oh well. Already skipped Battfleck, so **** it.

Back