1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

My biggest gripe is that they gave her police batons? Are they really turning her into Mockingbird or what?

I'm not surprised at the use of more non-lethal/electric weapons since really, she's fighting her friends. I don't think any of them actually want to kill the other, so it's a fine line of what to use to still reach your goal.

Never can get Black Widow right. Another pass. Just isn't striking me.

I think this one is my favorite version. I had the IM2 and Avengers 1 versions but sold them both off. Didn't bother with the other two. If this one comes out good I may pick her up.

yes, from those pictures the likeness is closer than the aou version. may be its a repaint.
hope the final product will be like this.

1620711_990450547659940_4714655503502748118_n.jpg

Hair looks more red there :clap

Wtf this whole line is reuse x3.

That's a lot even for HT.

I like her hair and suit though (it's essentially just the winter soldier suit), def my favorite.

My biggest gripe is that they gave her police batons? Are they really turning her into Mockingbird or what?

I agree. Those really are Mockingbird's signature weapons and not something Black Widow ever really used in the comics. Speaking of Mockingbird I would love to see a Hot Toys version of her from Agent's of Shield. Not that doing Agent of Shield figures is even on the radar and if it were it's not like Mockingbird would be made into a figure before other characters, but I'd love to have one.

I'm not surprised at the use of more non-lethal/electric weapons since really, she's fighting her friends. I don't think any of them actually want to kill the other, so it's a fine line of what to use to still reach your goal.
That makes sense, although they gave her batons in AOU too. I think they want her to have something other than just guns, and I appreciate that but her comic counterpart has a whole choice of weapon possibilities from various non lethal gas pellets to emitting electric charges and blasts from her bracelets. Speaking of her bracelets she hasn't really used any cable or line since we saw her in IM2; I'd like to see her use those things more. She also used her electric charges in IM2 that we haven't seen since either. Anyway, she of course is also a master of hand to hand combat. My point is there are other options for Black Widow they could use when there is another Marvel character out there who uses batons as her signature weapon. I am sure Black Widow is trained and proficient in using batons when she needs to, but like a whole bunch of weapons she is probably trained and proficient in using a bow and arrow too - and while I wouldn't have a problem with her using a bow and arrow at some point I wouldn't want it to be her regular thing because that's Hawkeye's signature weapon. Black Widow has some signature weapons options of her own, I just wish they would use them more.

I want a Daisy if anything from AoS. Her suit is very BW-like anyways, should be ez for HT.

I want a Daisy if anything from AoS. Her suit is very BW-like anyways, should be ez for HT.

Well Daisy would come well before Mockingbird if they ever did an Agent of Shield line. My guess is though that one of these characters will have to make at least a cameo in a movie before we see a figure. I would love to see some cameos like that in something like CW by the way; but doesn't look like it's going to happen.

In the end, although I hate the whole sexism argument exaggeration nowadays (I don't believe women need to not be sensual in order to not be objectified. Jessica Jones, for instance, is sexy as hell and a strong female character), I do think that has some play into this. It seems to me that Marvel is more preoccupied in changing her hairstyle (and love interest) from movie to movie than actually setting her weapons and role in the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Russo Brothers have always handled Widow well and have no doubts she'll have an important role in Civil War.

Did they change the actress? :lol
I know its a prototype so I hope to god this isn't the final sculpt :(

You didnt know? They did. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't this almost the exact same hairstyle as the "New Avenger" Scarlet Witch? Except SW has longer hair?!

Yea, I thought the same thing, though BW is parted slightly on the side and isn't quite as long, they do look a lot a like...
BWnSW.jpg

As I am trying to pick between this CW version of Black Widow and the WS version, I may pick up the WS version because I am definitely getting the "New Avenger" Scarlet Witch, and I think it might be better if their hair was as different as possible.

The likeness in the BW sculpt doesn't really look too different than any of the previous sculpts, in my opinion. Then again, I don't really think any of the previous sculpts have really nailed Scarlett's likeness yet (closest I think is TWS version), so there you go. :lol

I think it's just the hairstyle that makes the Widow and SW sculpts look similar.

There have been so many versions of BW why can't they nail down her likeness? By now the figure should look like ScarJo herself. We should be passed the resemblance stage by now. In fact BW is probably one of the most made over figure they have and definitely the most made female figure. I think RDJ is the only one who has more versions.
Put it this way, first figure of Maria Hill and they nail the likeness to Cobie Smulders. First try. Yet after so many chances with ScarJo's likeness...
Heck even Elizabeth Olsen, Zoe Saldana are good. Watch the first attempt at the Carters, Peggy and Sharon, will probably be perfect.

Back