1/6 Hot Toys MMS358 Captain America: Civil War Hawkeye Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine today! I do have a few gripes: the top of the suit and the padding underneath make it nigh impossible to pose the torso and rest of the upper body. I do wish they had given him a body with a lower neck joint to compensate, but alas, the neck is rigid. Only the head moves on a single peg IMO the gap between head and neck can be unsightly. The upper arms and shoulders are also restricted in movement. It's almost a crime the archer can't really make proper archery poses because his arms can't bend and twist enough. My AOU Hawkeye seems better at moving his arms and that suit covers more of his arms.

I also notice the way the four o'clock shadow was painted a bit too obviously when the headsculpt isn't in direct light.

I am glad they at least gave him full ball-jointed ankles, but it's still pretty hard to get him posed dynamically to really take advantage of it.

Beyond that, this is my favorite of the 3 main MCU Hawkeye designs.

I feel like I could get him into a good enough pose for my liking ... in not an expert though. I'll have to get his right arm straighter when I mess with him next. Rotating his forearm so the bicep isn't in the way to get a good bend into his arm worked pretty well for me.

b367f92740952022fe527a0f3af3aaea.jpg

Had this figure come out anytime before this year, it would've been Top 5 figure of the year. Not trying to take anything away from him though, he's still one of this year's best.

15337581_510831959040843_2322956159279530939_n.jpg

Mine arrived a day early I'll open him later I got to go to work.
76b7f68c992615b5d08badbc10bafd10.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Alright all after some time of unboxing and putting Hawkeye together I really love this figure BUT the pain is coming. As everyone else. The Quiver and Arrows. The arrows weren't the hardest part. Yes I got some paint rub on some of them but none broke and was able to get all in and even. The quiver now. Directions were wrong. I read about it on here and yes I put it the wrong way. Its loose and I cannot get it off I tried everything. Hair dryer and carefulness but nothing it won't budge. Some rub on the inner side but good on the out. At some point I know I'll need to pack him away but not sure what else to do about taking it off. Any suggestions for the future would help if not just bubble wrap will do. Other then those issues it's an outstanding figure the head sculpt and paint is fantastic and I love all the accessories. great details and the outfit is awesome an I know it's not color accurate completely but I dig it and I think it's close enough. I like the articulation. Yes it's a bit odd when trying to get a natural bow pose but I was able to achieve one easily and with a little futzing. Box is cool too. I think this is the best Hawkeye I'm glad I waited. I do wish Hot Toys got the directions properly because it's a ***** but the stand is able to hold the quiver up and in some shots in the film it sits low so not too bad. I was going to make a review tomorrow but not sure sadly if I will not. I keep wanting to make videos but just no time and energy.

Here's a quick phone pic in my detolf. Really do love this figure just irritating a bit with the issues with the quiver but it'll be fine. Looks awesome.
a743ece6db646a734b305f6e40bde6d4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today earlier than expected. The last payment was charged on Tuesday and received it on Friday. Typically takes a week or longer to get to me. Merry Christmas to me! :yess:

Decided to do a review. Also a part on my bow broke off. Another issue to add to my list. Overall I still love this figure but these issues are starting to pile up. Very fragile figure. I haven't gotten a new Hot Toys figure in a while and it just is disappointing with these issues happening to me all at once.

Decided to do a review. Also a part on my bow broke off. Another issue to add to my list. Overall I still love this figure but these issues are starting to pile up. Very fragile figure. I haven't gotten a new Hot Toys figure in a while and it just is disappointing with these issues happening to me all at once.

Thanks for the review and helpful tips!

Back