1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend a "trusty brand" of superglue that they use on a regular basis that's available on Amazon. Just received this figure today and one of the magnets holding the armor already fell off in the box. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a "trusty brand" of superglue that they use on a regular basis that's available on Amazon. Just received this figure today and one of the magnets holding the armor already fell off in the box. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that. Wish you got my version as things don't want to come off when you want them too so full proof stick. Krazy glue also available through Shoppers if you have one in your parts. Don't know if liquid version of krazy glue would be best but so far it worked for deadpool and pouches. Sorry if this info doesn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well ask since you're Vader-thoughts on the Vader they're issuing-reissue of Rogue One or they got the look wrong again for another version of Vader in this case for EP3?

Might as well ask since you're Vader-thoughts on the Vader they're issuing-reissue of Rogue One or they got the look wrong again for another version of Vader in this case for EP3?

My first thought was that it definitely looks exactly like my RO Vader on first glance :lol

My first thought was that it definitely looks exactly like my RO Vader on first glance :lol

Me too honestly but would it make sense in their case yes cause they love reissuing and relatively in customer's case yes because it should've been a light up lightsaber added with it cause that was an iconic scene when it lit up!

Thanks again for the suggestion! I'll look through this thread again also because I remember other people having similar issues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had one of the small parts near the ankle and leg dry out and come off, and I used E6000 glue. Still letting it set but I also used that glue originally to glue the connector from the Winter Soldier's knee pad that dried out.

Just got mine today and wow, I think I have a new favorite figure. This thing just looks sleek and badass and absolutely phenomenal! I didn't have a problem with loose magnets or anything like that, and the batteries didn't seem that big a pain to put in.

But I am definitely not a fan of that base, and found that far more annoying than the batteries. Not only does it take up way too much room in the detolf, but it takes forever trying to find a pose that will work on it. So hopefully I can find something else that will work instead (thankfully the figure stands well enough on it's own that I can take pics without it).

20170720_194246 (489x900).jpg

20170720_194004 (597x900).jpg

20170720_194738 (591x900).jpg

Just got mine today and wow, I think I have a new favorite figure. This thing just looks sleek and badass and absolutely phenomenal! I didn't have a problem with loose magnets or anything like that, and the batteries didn't seem that big a pain to put in.

But I am definitely not a fan of that base, and found that far more annoying than the batteries. Not only does it take up way too much room in the detolf, but it takes forever trying to find a pose that will work on it. So hopefully I can find something else that will work instead (thankfully the figure stands well enough on it's own that I can take pics without it).

View attachment 354590

View attachment 354592

View attachment 354593

Great photos man! Try to conceal that shoulder gap though!

View attachment 354590

View attachment 354592

View attachment 354593

Great photos indeed I would like mine better if things wanted to come off a bit easier but alls well that somewhat ends well (if you checked out previous posts you'll know what I'm talking about in regards to mine:( ] I would like to take more but would prefer to have some sunglasses for Mr. Downey Jr! And the middle finger for Deadpool which I ordered yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But I am definitely not a fan of that base, and found that far more annoying than the batteries. Not only does it take up way too much room in the detolf, but it takes forever trying to find a pose that will work on it. So hopefully I can find something else that will work instead (thankfully the figure stands well enough on it's own that I can take pics withoout it)

Completely agree with base. It's real pain trying to position the legs. Does anyone know what the girder is supposed to go?

Sent from a single point in space and time

Completely agree with base. It's real pain trying to position the legs. Does anyone know what the girder is supposed to go?

Left it in the box didn't see it as needed unless it's for Iron Man to pick up and throw at Cap while he kicks Bucky in the face so Cap wouldn't have been able to get behind Stark while he was open.

Left it in the box didn't see it as needed unless it's for Iron Man to pick up and throw at Cap while he kicks Bucky in the face so Cap wouldn't have been able to get behind Stark while he was open.

Makes perfect sense. I don't have Bucky so I'll leave it in the box. It's gotta be a fair fight after all.

View attachment 354590

Really like this pic! The slight tilt in the torso adds so much to what some would call a museum pose. Makes it look much more natural and less static.

Congrats on the pick-up!

Yep, count me as another one who is not a fan of the base. I do enjoy diorama bases, as I feel they can add to the overall display presence of the figure, but this one is a pain and doesn't allow for a lot of natural foot placement.

As for the girder, I used it as a flat surface to place one of the feet on, but I didn't really feel comfortable leaving it like that since it wasn't fixed to the base. Made me kind of nervous. I didn't want to come home to see my Mk46 take a WM plunge to the floor, so I put the girder back in the box.

Really like this pic! The slight tilt in the torso adds so much to what some would call a museum pose. Makes it look much more natural and less static.

Thanks! I always try to tilt or turn the torso just a little on my figures, or have them place more weight on one leg over the other, to hopefully make it a bit more believable and not just like a stiff doll on a shelf.

I had one of the small parts near the ankle and leg dry out and come off, and I used E6000 glue. Still letting it set but I also used that glue originally to glue the connector from the Winter Soldier's knee pad that dried out.

This is a favorite glue of mine. Jewelry crafters use it to fix stones to leather, leather to metal. E.g. it can handle gluing to smooth surfaces. Kind of like a super-tough rubber cement (epoxy) and for me better than super glue a lot of the time. Except you don't have to mix it up like a 2-part epoxy.

Hardware stores should have it. I think Michael's craft store (U.S.) carries it. I'll use this on my IM shoulder magnet that was off when I opened the box *cheap HT glue*

Back