1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's why i never bother putting the batteries in anymore. I can't even remember the last one i did use the lights on but i'll keep buying HT IM until he is retired or killed off in the MCU.

Yeah with all the time and effort they put into crafting these super detailed figures, it's amazing that they still haven't made the light-up features any easier to use. Especially for freakin Iron Man, who they clearly love making figures of.

You get the impression it's something they only add for the benefit of promo pics, to entice people to buy. And not something they really care if we use or not.

Anyone notice this too=battery compartments are a pain in the ass to get too! Where some on YouTube found pieces breaking falling off like wrist rocket addons and knee pads I got the version where no pieces want to come off at all specifically the shoulder pads and the neck post. No tool to help you get be neck post out and it wasn't easy I ended up scratching mine just trying to get it out with pliers and they only loosened it to finally pry and pop off with my fingers. This is my 1st Hot Toys Iron Man figure and I only have one War Machine from them-IP last HTs Iron Man I ever get from them. Now I see what ppl mean when they need to work in their accessibility. It's **** on this figure. Made almost to never light it up ever again.

I know what you mean about the neck cause it was a big pain for me to remove the first time too. I read around on the forum and a couple people suggested pushing the neck joint forward until it pops out. Once I did it the first time I knew how to do it in the future.

Same with removing the shoulder pad, thigh, and inner forearm pieces. The first time is a huge pain cause you're not sure, but once I removed them I was good to go for the next time. Just gotta learn is all.

As Cap would say, patience is a virtue! :lol

Sorry to hear you scratched yours though. Is it bad/noticeable?

Yeah with all the time and effort they put into crafting these super detailed figures, it's amazing that they still haven't made the light-up features any easier to use. Especially for freakin Iron Man, who they clearly love making figures of.

You get the impression it's something they only add for the benefit of promo pics, to entice people to buy. And not something they really care if we use or not.

I just don't get why they aren't consistent with the magnets for removable pieces. I wonder if it has to do with screwing with the actual batteries? Like is magnetism bad for batteries? That's the only reason I could think of, but if that's the case the removable top piece on the Iron Man head sculpt utilizes magnets to attach and batteries are utilized there. Hmm... :dunno

I know what you mean about the neck cause it was a big pain for me to remove the first time too. I read around on the forum and a couple people suggested pushing the neck joint forward until it pops out. Once I did it the first time I knew how to do it in the future.

Same with removing the shoulder pad, thigh, and inner forearm pieces. The first time is a huge pain cause you're not sure, but once I removed them I was good to go for the next time. Just gotta learn is all.

No thank God not on the parts where you see the silver stripes pic coming soon to show but yeah I see. The shoulder pads I've removed them 3-4 times now and they still refuse to be easy to remove even with that push/slip under tool that you get with IP and a few others I think. As much as how good the infinity war suit will look closer to how it looks in the comics for when he was in his new invincible iron man issue I think I'm going to have to stick with bleeding edge being my only one I mean that whole heartedly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't get why they aren't consistent with the magnets for removable pieces. I wonder if it has to do with screwing with the actual batteries? Like is magnetism bad for batteries? That's the only reason I could think of, but if that's the case the removable top piece on the Iron Man head sculpt utilizes magnets to attach and batteries are utilized there. Hmm... :dunno

I know it's another thing where you're like hey this seems like a good idea since they did this certain idea to accomplish this feat but they don't stick with idea for other parts then you're left with forever question of why when consumer is struggling with item. It's like Stan Lee and his video on plastic packages on how they don't want you to get item out of package even after buy they just want you to look at it! By the way my sincerest condolences to Stan very touching how I heard how Mrs. Lee kept him in the Marvel comics gig. I pray she passed peacefully.

And you know I did push forward like a bunch first time still no intent to come off I also didn't know about peg under was it going to break due to that I know usually with pegs you want a simple pull off push on not push off so I wasn't so sure but this is the damage that I then tried to cover up with a little acrylic paint yeah good thing I'm never selling this cause overall I like poseability and look. Significance only outweighs Mk6 purely cause of comics. Otherwise if they didn't take BE armor design for Civil War it would be right to diecast Mk6-love that armor very prominent in MCU Iron Man.
8c563c0d1eb2845527653ca56317c119.jpg

2d72e74c0f947e71d521376baae9aa61.jpg

Got mine, has a super loose upper elbow joint on the left arm. Contacted the seller I bought it from to see what can be done. Amazing figure otherwise.

Money. EVERYTHING is additional cost. Like, I'm going to order some magnets, so that cost is on me. So is the time to glue and futz. It's easier just to chunk out components w. pegs and holes. They're probably only using magnets where they have to - like where you would practically have to pull the head off to get to the head plate. Just like it's cheaper to use batteries. Like it was cheaper to use cr*p paint w. some IMs that turned pink or whatever until the customers complain and return enough.

Cost balance between what the majority of their customers will pay vs. getting the "look". Especially when a lot of those customers may or may not keep a piece for a while and then want to buy the latest. If HT were catering to an uber high end clientele willing to pay $1500 a fig things would be different. But that's not how HT makes its money.

I haven't even tried the neck yet. But yeah, I got better at popping the other pieces pretty fast. For the thigh pieces it helps to squeeze/pinch them a bit to slot back in. My shoulder pieces are really tightly fit tho - kind of nerve wracking so most times I don't bother. And LOL gotta keep an eye on the thumbs they do pop off. No spare pieces included of course.....but...love this fig more than I knew I was going to. Incredible detail just beautiful.

I haven't even tried the neck yet. But yeah, I got better at popping the other pieces pretty fast. For the thigh pieces it helps to squeeze/pinch them a bit to slot back in. My shoulder pieces are really tightly fit tho - kind of nerve wracking so most times I don't bother. And LOL gotta keep an eye on the thumbs they do pop off. No spare pieces included of course.....but...love this fig more than I knew I was going to. Incredible detail just beautiful.

No what you mean about those shoulderpads they don't like coming off. Glad I got this figure though cause in the end when you do light it up it's stunning to see (granted you don't have a wiring issue thank God I don't or that would've sent me over the edge) and it gave me the xp of owning a HTs Iron Man and what never to buy again from them=a HTs Iron Man diecast or plastic for me cause the billionaire was about to go out that window I was using for lighting in those pics to be honest. Only thing that kept me from doing so was it was a birthday gift for me this year and I got swindled on the Mk45 and took long to resolve which was my initial want as I didn't care for the Mk46 till I saw it in Civil War and yeah looked like Bleeding Edge. Did not know about thumbs knew that they had some abnormal rotation unlike Iron Patriot I was like wow they rotate a lot.

A few dark shots of my XLVI

IMG_0298-3.jpg

IMG_0315-3.jpg

IMG_0319-3.jpg

IMG_0310-3.jpg

and a slightly brighter one just because.

Geez the faceplate is so amazing on this one. :thud:

Last edited:
Great shots! I need to setup a dark background so I can take a few with him and some others. I'm just waiting till I get better batteries than the cheap ones he comes with that'll drain in 15 minutes!

That was my worry while I was taking pictures. I'm eventually going to have this set up so I don't have to rely on batteries.

Back