1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
689475025547de369c6ba39af2d74b42.jpg

f9f320d4e97d122886adeeb22b1d2161.jpg

599c2825364fd01f4fa708f43a5c5ac2.jpg

The best Iron Man figure imo and now my favourite suit. It was hard to dethrone the Mark 3 suit but this guy did it (not just talking figure but design).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6499b922bfdc57f486ce7274abacff50.jpg

The 46 head on the 43. Definately going to keep it like this. I like the 46 helmet too much to not have it on the figure.

After months of deliberation, I finally pulled the trigger on the Mark 46 being my one IM figure.

I'm not a particularly huge Marvel fan, but after seeing how freakin gorgeous the figure looked at my LCS, I decided to order one as well.

In fact after rewatching some scenes from Civil War, I think the armor actually looks better and cooler on the figure than it does in the movie.

I'm not a particularly huge Marvel fan, but after seeing how freakin gorgeous the figure looked at my LCS, I decided to order one as well.

In fact after rewatching some scenes from Civil War, I think the armor actually looks better and cooler on the figure than it does in the movie.

Nice pick-up! I feel the same way. Getting to see the figure up close, you get to appreciate all the design details. I remember watching in the movie theater thinking that it looked so bland and that the amount of red below the chest made for a really boring armor. Now it's currently one of my favorites.

Curious though, I see you're in Sacramento. I used to live there and still go up there from time to time, what LCS carries HTs?

It's the A-1 Comics on Auburn. They mostly have statues, but get a handful of figures too. I didn't actually buy it there though, since with CA tax it would have come to like $370, so I ordered from BTS for $348 instead.

It's the A-1 Comics on Auburn. They mostly have statues, but get a handful of figures too. I didn't actually buy it there though, since with CA tax it would have come to like $370, so I ordered from BTS for $348 instead.

Yeah that's my plan for every non-exclusive figure. Add in the shipping and it's pretty much $400. Thanks for the info.

Question guys? The flaking that has been occurring on the figures thighs. It is primarily occurring in the middle part of the thigh, correct..? Also does the flaking happen with little to light touch?..

Question guys? The flaking that has been occurring on the figures thighs. It is primarily occurring in the middle part of the thigh, correct..? Also does the flaking happen with little to light touch?..

I think that was just a one-off issue, so far it's only been one person who supposedly had previous issues with figures. I've had no problems with flaking, and the paint seems really good overall.

Overall mine seems fine. The weathering caught my eye when I turned on the lights in my glass case the other night. Just jitters I guess

I think that was just a one-off issue, so far it's only been one person who supposedly had previous issues with figures. I've had no problems with flaking, and the paint seems really good overall.

Correct! He also seemed to use his nails to flake it out. With the right pressure almost everything will lose paint. Imagine doing that on a sculpt??? To me he seemed like intentionally nail pressing on it. May be I am wrong but my view is that if you put pressure even slight and try to flake it! It will flake. That would happen to a 40k car leave alone a 200 figure

Well, all of your pictures finally convinced me. Went ahead and ordered this!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just read back on the last 40 pages and I see more than a few people having issues with non working LEDs (some single, some multiple). Has this been a problem or is it few and far between?

You know, last night, when it took *&&^% hours to install all those batteries, I wondered if the folks at Hot Toys were laughing hysterically over drinks at exhausted (and poor) collectors. That Hot Toys is infiltrated with Hydra agents who think it's funny to use a cheap glue stick for those magnets (yep, one of my shoulder plates has the magnet stuck to the shoulder, right out of the box)

But hafta admit when you get there, lit up it DOES look *&^%$ incredibly BADASS....:love. No wimpy LEDs here.:monkey3

A few nerve-wracking cell shots (because I thought it would be cool to have a dirtied up background and it didn't occur to me what might happen if this figure fell over on patio bricks etc.):slap

Hottoys_IronMan46_pic1.jpg

Hottoys_IronMan46_pic2.jpg

Hottoys_IronMan46_pic3.jpg

Hottoys_IronMan46_pic4.jpg

Overall - well, this is my first Iron Man. My first diecast. And while there are IMO those design issues:( and some *fragility* I wasn't expecting - like the back ankle plates; guess "diecast" to me translated as "those toy cars you can throw across a room" - overall IMO Holy *&^%!!!
Even without the lights this is a beautiful fig. Stunning.

I'm surprised I'm thinking I wanna display him w. the armored head - as great as the sculpt is. I think it's because I have such a great memory of seeing the first IM and those shots of the armor plates opening and closing. (Think I will kitbash a Tony with the sculpt.) I'm pretty happy with this purchase - don't have anything to compare him to, but happy I went with this IM. Nothing but good things to say about the details, the paint, articulation. He's gonna be amazing on the shelf.:clap

PS. All my LEDs work - I don't know if having SSC double-box helped. But for the long term taking out all the batteries anyway.

I just read back on the last 40 pages and I see more than a few people having issues with non working LEDs (some single, some multiple). Has this been a problem or is it few and far between?

I think that was mainly batches from HK. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if anyone that got it from Sideshow had the issue, and if so it may have just been the first few people. On mine the LEDs work great and I actually forgot about the issue.

I think that was mainly batches from HK. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if anyone that got it from Sideshow had the issue, and if so it may have just been the first few people. On mine the LEDs work great and I actually forgot about the issue.

Hopefully it was an early release thing that was short lived. Just waiting for my LCS to get him. Looks fantastic!

Glad to hear yours is in full working order Sassafras. Looks great

I'm not sure if this is just me, but do your hands feel like there is some type of residue on them after handling this figure?

I had to keep washing my hands on multiple occasions after handling him cause something was definitely rubbing off on them. It wasn't paint or anything, but I dunno how else to describe it, but a substance was definitely getting on my hands.

Is it just me??? :cuckoo:

Gotta say I'm really not liking the black eye they painted on this head. I'm all for movie accuracy, but given this will be my only Iron Man figure I would have much rather had a clean looking sculpt, and I'm very tempted to pick up one of the clean knockoffs being offered on ebay right now...

hh.JPG

Back