1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's that much taller than Cap and on a lower stand to boot?? That's the problem with this new scale HT is doing. They don't mesh well with a lot of previous figures. And these 2 are from the same movie! They should be about the same height. One of the things keeping me from buying this. Love this armor, but if he is gonna dwarf all the older armors and other HT figures I have it'll annoy the hell out of me... :( Still have yet to see pics of the MK46 with older plastic armors like the MK4,6 & 7. Hoping someone eventually posts comparison pics..

Yea he is really tall. I couldn't imagine how tall he would be compared to Cap on the stand he came with

I don't think its all that far-fetched for Iron Man to be taller than Cap. The boot soles have to have some room for the repulsor technology, and then the helmet probably adds at least a few inches with padding and armor thick enough that Tony's skull doesn't get crushed at first impact.

Yeah, I have seen those pics, but thanks. Just like the WM MKI plastic next to DC WM MKI. Still would like to see them together. It's HT ploy to get all the diehard IM collectors to rebuy the DC armors, not just cause they're better... :lol

But the real problem isn't putting the new DC armors with the older plastic armors but rather when standing them next to regular figures, like the CW Cap in that picture. They should go together properly and not have such a big height disparity.

I must be all the different stands, where they are placed in my display and how i pose things but i have never really noticed the height being an issue between any of my figures yet. I have CW Cap next to DC MK3 but Cap is on the big battling version base and the MK3 is in the landing pose so it looks fine but i'm sure if they were standing straight side by side it wouldn't look right.

But the real problem isn't putting the new DC armors with the older plastic armors but rather when standing them next to regular figures, like the CW Cap in that picture. They should go together properly and not have such a big height disparity.

Yep, I need to display the newer diecast figures separately. The size disparity is way too noticeable no matter how you pose them. Here's the War Machine Mark III next to some other figures and they basically come up to his chin and nose at the most. DSC02415 (2).jpg

Civil War Cap and AOU Cap are the same height, right? If so, this is what Cap looks like next to a new diecast Iron Man.DSC02417.jpg

I don't think its all that far-fetched for Iron Man to be taller than Cap. The boot soles have to have some room for the repulsor technology, and then the helmet probably adds at least a few inches with padding and armor thick enough that Tony's skull doesn't get crushed at first impact.

Yes that would be the case if the actors/characters were portrayed as the same heights, but they are not. Neither Rhodey or Stark are as tall as say Cap, Thor, Vision. Stark and Rhodey are shorter at like 5'8" as to Thor, Cap, Vision at like 6'3". So even if the armor adds a few inches as it should, they would still not be taller, but the same height at best.

Yep, I need to display the newer diecast figures separately. The size disparity is way too noticeable no matter how you pose them. Here's the War Machine Mark III next to some other figures and they basically come up to his chin and nose at the most. View attachment 346892

Even the IM MK43 looks tiny there next to the WM MKIII. The WM MKIII looks like a giant. The height differences between every one else is pretty spot on.

Yes that would be the case if the actors/characters were portrayed as the same heights, but they are not. Neither Rhodey or Stark are as tall as say Cap, Thor, Vision. Stark and Rhodey are shorter at like 5'8" as to Thor, Cap, Vision at like 6'3". So even if the armor adds a few inches as it should, they would still not be taller, but the same height at best.

The actors that play the characters are that short but they've always tried to make Robert Downey, Jr. look taller. His height is irrelevant when it comes to the figures.

The characters aren't necessarily the same height of the actors who portray them.

906c83f2a358d9f7f3823642bf017b42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The actors that play the characters are that short but they've always tried to make Robert Downey, Jr. look taller. His height is irrelevant when it comes to the figures.

Robert Downey Jr is 5'9'', and Don Cheadle is 5'8''. I've never seen Cheadle wearing lifts in anything as I'm sure he doesn't care. Same with Mark Ruffallo at 5'10". With Downey it's his own vanity being the short guy next to everyone else who's 6'+. Downey wears lifts in real life too. Not sure Marvel made him wear those. For example Thor is like 6'6", Hemsworth is 6'3". I don't see him wearing lifts in his boots to make him look taller. Downey more likely wanted to look taller on screen next to everyone else.

But It's character themselves that matter, not the actors. Iron Man would never be taller than Thor in any medium.

I have the unmasked head on my Cap currently and they're both on a regular civil war stand. The top of Cap's head is at the beginning of Iron Man's forehead. The height difference isn't that big IMO, and it helps makes Cap's bulky torso look like it's in scale with another figure on my shelf.

Going off the movies IM is taller than Cap, Thor and Vision at 6'5" and I would assume WM would be the same. I can't speak for the 46 just yet, but this makes the WM mk 1 and 3 the only Iron Man figures that are the correct height.

Had to stop by the office today to pick up the figure on my day off. Fortunately for me I only live about 7 minutes away. The box is a slightly thicker than the War Machine Mark 3, and fits into another box for the pack out just fine. I do think $10 for a slightly bigger box and some packing paper is a bit steep, hehe...

From reviews of this figure I watched on YouTube I was expecting the magnets on the traps/upper chest armor to arrive loose in the box. Luckily, mine didn't have this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_5746.jpg
    IMG_5746.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_5748.jpg
    IMG_5748.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_5750.jpg
    IMG_5750.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 310
Had to stop by the office today to pick up the figure on my day off. Fortunately for me I only live about 7 minutes away. The box is a slightly thicker than the War Machine Mark 3, and fits into another box for the pack out just fine. I do think $10 for a slightly bigger box and some packing paper is a bit steep, hehe...

From reviews of this figure I watched on YouTube I was expecting the magnets on the traps/upper chest armor to arrive loose in the box. Luckily, mine didn't have this problem.

Absolutely stunning.

An extra $10 is insane. I mean, their shipping is pretty steep (and fairly slow for the price) to begin with but $10 for an extra box and a bit of paper is nuts.. Not that you paid for it, but that that's what they charge*.

I recently shipped my "loot" from BBTS, $572 worth of stuff, masterpiece starscream, masterpiece thrust, masterpiece dirge, and masterpiece cheetor. They came in a huge box with a nice amount of bubble wrap and the shipping was $12.74.

It's opposite for me. Anything from BBTS is $20+ and SSC is $9 to $13 on average. I never get a pack out, over 100 figures shipped and no damage so far (knock on wood). Saved over $1000.

How long has this figure been out? How come on previous pages of this thread people had pictures already? And is the magnet thing a known issue?

How long has this figure been out? How come on previous pages of this thread people had pictures already? And is the magnet thing a known issue?

Been out about a month in Hong Kong. Sideshow just started shipping last Wednesday. It's more a glue issue than a magnet issue. But yes, it is a known and somewhat common issue.

Just started shipping from Sideshow a few days ago but it was released in Hong Kong a month ago. And I've seen people mention the magnet thing more than a few times.

Back