1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With every new image the excitement only mounts. :blissy Really can't wait to set this up with the mk45.

Wonder if this is going to sell out quickly like the last couple War Machines or stick around for a while like the Mark 45. I've only got 2 flex payments left myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone gets the madness. Even myself. I have a few posts earlier in this very thread about how much self-control I have to make this my only Iron Man/War Machine figure.

Now, including preorders, I'll have 5 before the year is over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's easy for me to avoid buying Iron Men when all the main armors come out close to $400. I don't think they're worth that much just because they're heavier than the average 1/6 figure. Luckily for me, I'm not paying anywhere near that much for this one.

He looks way too shiny, the new paint was supposed to be one of the best thing this figure had going, they changed it back to the typical HT shiny red.. not sure I like that..

Yeah I don't like the shine and the sculpt is a little disappointing. I guess it's safe to assume that the IW suit will come with this sculpt without the black eye? It's between this and the mk 43 for me. WM3 is a lot bigger than the mk43. I wonder how this compares?

Is there an exclusive for this?

No Exclusive / Special Edition for the Mark 46… and the Battle Damaged Chest Piece
is a bonus that was not included in the original figure specs.

Yeah I don't like the shine and the sculpt is a little disappointing. I guess it's safe to assume that the IW suit will come with this sculpt without the black eye? It's between this and the mk 43 for me. WM3 is a lot bigger than the mk43. I wonder how this compares?

How in the world is the sculpt disappointing? He had the black eye for over half the movie.
I am starting to agree with some of the reviewers that people are now expecting
actor's faces ripped off and put onto their figures. Crazy.

As far as the shine, it is a metal suit with hot rod red paint. How would that not shine?
His suits are not painted with matte paints.

This is my KO head
33a75a7a4d425f2c1d8584a310a9eade.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The red is off on this one. Just like they screwed up the red for DC Mark III by giving it the Mark IV colors, they screwed this up by giving it the almost Mark XLV red color.

What red does this have, if not the Mark XLV Red?

The Mark 3 clearly had a Burgundy paint job. Since then, any red suit has pretty much been
colored like the Mark IV / Mark VI.

I was going to say… not 3rd party, lol. That's the real deal.

I didn't have the 3rd party sculpt pic, but what I was iterating is that the head sculpt from OSK about a year ago was pretty on par with this new HS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda hard to complain & judge color when no side by side comparison photos of the MK45 & MK46, or to any other HT IM figure have been posted anywhere. At least none that I've seen yet..

Kinda hard to complain & judge color when no side by side comparison photos of the MK45 & MK46, or to any other HT IM figure have been posted anywhere. At least none that I've seen yet..

Exactly. The complaining with every new release is out of control on here any more.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Very simple.

...If you don't like it, don't buy it. Very simple.

Thank you for pointing that out, I am not buying this XLVI. Perfectly happy with my XLV. Thank you very much.

I just want to point out that others have indicated the colors appear to be off for XLVI on the final product, comparing to the prototype and it appears to be a red closer to XLV.

Good to see this being released, great looking figure and the head sculpt looks fantastic! :rock Glad I ordered him! :woo

Exactly. The complaining with every new release is out of control on here any more.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Very simple.
Yeah I noticed a lot of people here love to complain but still buy it anyways. Hilarious. Some complaints are legitimate though, like Drax body (side by side compared to film).

Instead of people complaining, they should post an actual picture of why the sculpt is off or why the red paint is too shiny.

Simply saying them doesn't make them any more or less credible. Provide proof to back your words.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back