1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ccc9c603098f6beea24e3a0a1f41c587.jpg

2562c36c61a6553ddfa0d9e5b766f2cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I'd love to put the Stark HS on this but can't get the neck piece off...any suggestions, there isn't a lot to grab onto?

Well I finally got the neck piece off...what a chore but well worth the trouble. IMO the display base is a waste of an effort and takes up way too much room; I ended up borrowing the base of the Silver Centurion till I'm able to get one on order from Coco.

Well I finally got the neck piece off...what a chore but well worth the trouble. IMO the display base is a waste of an effort and takes up way too much room; I ended up borrowing the base of the Silver Centurion till I'm able to get one on order from Coco.

The base I like in theory...looks nice and is clearly a battle has occurred. But the darn thing is nearly impossible to properly pose the figure. Quite difficult. What is Coco?

Man I'd love to put the Stark HS on this but can't get the neck piece off...any suggestions, there isn't a lot to grab onto?

For future reference, just push forward on the piece until it pops out. Don't try yanking or pulling it out, just use both thumbs and push until it pops out. Works every time and is a piece of cake too.

I've got a 46 ordered and already have a stand in the works. It's similar in shape to the other Civil War stands but not as big. Hopefully I'll have some pics posted by the end of the week. Might be something that'll work for yours. I'll be using it as a flight stand for my Homecoming Iron Man too.

The base I like in theory...looks nice and is clearly a battle has occurred. But the darn thing is nearly impossible to properly pose the figure. Quite difficult. What is Coco?

Here's a link to Coco's stuff. Because my display space is limited, all of my figures are displayed on his black-round bases using museum poses. I don't do diorama bases...for me it'a all about the figure.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...169106-custom-display-stands-1-6-figures.html

He posted a response above this one and goes by Cocoboloboy.

For future reference, just push forward on the piece until it pops out. Don't try yanking or pulling it out, just use both thumbs and push until it pops out. Works every time and is a piece of cake too.

Thanks g5...I almost attempted what you suggested but was afraid I'd damage the paint or plastic.

I've got a 46 ordered and already have a stand in the works. It's similar in shape to the other Civil War stands but not as big. Hopefully I'll have some pics posted by the end of the week. Might be something that'll work for yours. I'll be using it as a flight stand for my Homecoming Iron Man too.

Hi Coco! Since you have a 46 on order, maybe you'll be able to drill a hole to the correct size of the metal rod that comes with the figure; I'd like to get a black-round for my 46 as well as a few more for other diecast IM figures.

Hi Coco! Since you have a 46 on order, maybe you'll be able to drill a hole to the correct size of the metal rod that comes with the figure; I'd like to get a black-round for my 46 as well as a few more for other diecast IM figures.

Yeah, I bet I can hunt down a millimeter bit that fits that size now.

Yeah, I bet I can hunt down a millimeter bit that fits that size now.

Cool. I did widen the holes on two of the bases I ordered last time, using a Dremel, but they're not as pretty as if you would have drilled and finished them. Let me know whey you think you're ready for an order.

Well, I just purchased this from SS. Late to board the 46 train, but I made it.

Surprised it is still in stock, my hand was forced, haha.

Looks great in pics/videos!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Next to a few of his predecessors...
The armors look so good together.

Well, I just purchased this from SS. Late to board the 46 train, but I made it.

Surprised it is still in stock, my hand was forced, haha.

Looks great in pics/videos!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I'm surprised too considering it looks even better in person. Enjoy the tiny RDJ.

f42d812623dbf107c404c64bc300e400.jpg

Can't wait for these 2 armours together!!!

The 46 is such an amazing suit and figure. Great design, amazing paint, head sculpt, base and I love the B/D chest plate.

f52f8ed2a8f47b074a0d2b1fedd1524c.jpg

c2a959c0f9d67b9254226b6046ba0c89.jpg

After receiving the HB I thought my IM days were over, pending the announcement of HB 2.0, but I couldn't pass up this HS. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do...its great figure but the base needs replacing.

Back