1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

I can honestly say this will likely be my last IM figure. After this PO, I'll end up with having the Mk 7, Mk 33, Mk 42, Mk 43, Mk 45 and the Mk 46. As far as CW goes, I think I'll end up with Cap (regular version), IM Mk 46, Bucky and BW. Just going by the ones that have been teased or released thus far. If they make a Sharon Carter and a SW, I'd probably get those also.

I can honestly say this will likely be my last IM figure. After this PO, I'll end up with having the Mk 7, Mk 33, Mk 42, Mk 43, Mk 45 and the Mk 46. As far as CW goes, I think I'll end up with Cap (regular version), IM Mk 46, Bucky and BW. Just going by the ones that have been teased or released thus far. If they make a Sharon Carter and a SW, I'd probably get those also.

That's a nice collection of figures.

i wouldn't be able to do that.

plus, i only have mark 7, starboost, heartbreaker, and war machine mark 2. i have preorders for shotgun, war machine mark 3, 45 and 46.

my initial plan was to only pick up the final battle avengers iron man armors. but once i had mark 7.. i figured i'd get war machine.. well, after that, i pulled the trigger on both starboost and heartbreaker because i got them for a pretty good price.

so, like this post, i lost the direction of what i was doing. so, my plan has changed.

now, what i want to do is get the three centered armors from the house party scene (when they first arrive) which is heartbreaker in the center flanked by starboost and shotgun.

and then the plan is to have each new avengers armor for iron man and war machine.. civil war is going to count as an "avengers" movie to me.

if i could afford it, i'd grab the 42 and iron patriot, and the war machine mark 1 with the hopes of a diecast mark 6.

anyways, back on topic. i still prefer the look of the 45.. but i love the lights throughout this thing. i wish the lines on the face mask were a little different. and i really wish the paint job wasn't so clean.

I have to stay disciplined... :lecture , and believe me it's hard... :lol . But, it's the same with the quarter scales. I take one look at my Mk 43, and I want more. Actually I take a look at BOTH my Mk 43s and I want more in both scales. But I think I need make them both my centre Iron Men respectively. But if an older suit gets rereleased in dc I will most likely by it for HOA type display with my MkIII. The big problem is I can pretty much get two figures for the price of one of them. The increase in price from a local shipper for diecast IM/WM is huge. Yet to buy from even Australia there are huge costs..

I have to stay disciplined... :lecture , and believe me it's hard... :lol . But, it's the same with the quarter scales. I take one look at my Mk 43, and I want more. Actually I take a look at BOTH my Mk 43s and I want more in both scales. But I think I need make them both my centre Iron Men respectively. But if an older suit gets rereleased in dc I will most likely by it for HOA type display with my MkIII. The big problem is I can pretty much get two figures for the price of one of them. The increase in price from a local shipper for diecast IM/WM is huge. Yet to buy from even Australia there are huge costs..

man, i'm definitely staying clear of quarter scale figures. but yeah, that's definitely a centerpiece worthy figure.

discipline is tough.. i'm sure others feel this way.. but sometimes i get tired of waiting for stuff to be released and just get this need for something new. that's a dangerous feeling lol.

the way i see it.. if i stick to my plan, i'll be in good shape. plus, i think i'll be done with iron man once infinity wars are over with. i'm really curious to see what those suits will look like.

On second thought... I am holding back on ordering this one until I get to see CW next week. While I like how this suit looks, I want to make sure that this suit is THE suit to have on the film. :D

It's only a week's wait for me now before CW starts. Might as well watch this suit first before buying it.

On second thought... I am holding back on ordering this one until I get to see CW next week. While I like how this suit looks, I want to make sure that this suit is THE suit to have on the film. :D

It's only a week's wait for me now before CW starts. Might as well watch this suit first before buying it.

I think this is one of the best looking IM figures i have seen and i'm ordering it but honestly i'm in no rush. I'm at the very least going to wait a couple months and get $20 off. Right now with what i have and what's on PO this will be the 25th IM figure in my collection. yeah i know :lol

I think this is one the best looking IM figures i have seen and i'm ordering it but honestly i'm in no rush. I'm at the very least going to wait a couple months and get $20 off. Right now with what i have and what's on PO this will be the 25th IM figure in my collection. yeah i know :lol

We don't get that discount where I am, but I do get a sizeable discount if I pay in full as opposed to just a NRD. I think I got my MkXLV for just $300 IIRC because I paid it in full.

I think this is one of the best looking IM figures i have seen and i'm ordering it but honestly i'm in no rush. I'm at the very least going to wait a couple months and get $20 off. Right now with what i have and what's on PO this will be the 25th IM figure in my collection. yeah i know :lol

wow man.. "yeah i know" what?.. that your collection rocks? lol.

i wish my interests were more pinpointed.. that's the only way i'd be able to amass that type of iron man collection.

i bet they all look beautiful together.

It was just announced. Geez....it's like there's absolutely zero patience any more.

For the last couple of years most of them go on display when their announced. Jeez you buddy take a chill pill

I wonder how many switches it will have to turn all them on :lol

How do they turn on the LEDs in the Hulkbuster? I think that's our answer :dunno

For the last couple of years most of them go on display when their announced. Jeez you buddy take a chill pill

Yes eventually they do. But asking why it hasn't happend "yet" 12 hours after a figure is announced is silly. Wonder Woman didn't go up for days in secret base. Hulkbuster. Thanos. Mk45. 1/4 45.black panther has yet to be up. Lots of them took longer then a day...let alone hours. WM mk1dc hasn't yet I don't think.

Last edited:

With all the LEDs on this thing, I really wish that Hot Toys could innovate ways to power all of them without needing batteries. I really think this suit stands out with it entirely lit. As it is right now, it'll just be dark on a shelf.

It's still darn good and on my wishlist. :D

With all the LEDs on this thing, I really wish that Hot Toys could innovate ways to power all of them without needing batteries. I really think this suit stands out with it entirely lit. As it is right now, it'll just be dark on a shelf.

It's still darn good and on my wishlist. :D

It would be nice to have a wall outlet. But there's a reason it's not done that way. If it's an internally wired interconnected unit you pretty much lose the replacement part customer service option. And that could cost hot toys or sideshow a significant amount of money.

It would be nice to have a wall outlet. But there's a reason it's not done that way. If it's an internally wired interconnected unit you pretty much lose the replacement part customer service option. And that could cost hot toys or sideshow a significant amount of money.

Would you guys it'll have a similar amount of switches as the 1/4 scale 43?

That would be my guess. It's the only way to keep them modular. That's not to say they couldn't change it up due to this being a unique design....but I really doubt it. With all the child safety regs (that's why all the battery's have to be screwed closed, it's actually the law) and the fact that if they des creased the switches each limb would them have to be interconnected through the joints with wires and that means you can't have your customers swap out an arm or forearm of it breaks. So that amount of switches is probably the only really way to go.

I get that it's not ideal, and it's a pain in the butt. There hands are kinda tied. There is no real good way to do it without a significant change to how they make figures, and given they have done it this way for nearly 10 years and been highly successful there's not a lot of incentive to do anything else

Didn't realize it was the law. Don't remember it being like that when I was a kid. But now that you mention it my daughters toys are always a pain because they either come with dead batteries, or they die really quickly. Either way I need to find a screwdriver lol.

Not a big deal to me. If anything I just run through the light features so I know my figure doesn't have QC issues, but after that the batteries come out. I'm more than content with that.

It's not all types of batteries. The small ones that are easy to swallow or look like candy (the cell or button battery) have to be screwed in. But yeah, it a a hassle.

Back