1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS already charges way more than most other online retailers for shipping and almost every one of those(BBTS, Alter Ego, Entertainment Earth, just to name a few) packs the shipper in another box.

The first time I ordered from SS and my package arrived in just the shipper I was pretty surprised because it doesn't offer much protection.

SS already charges way more than most other online retailers for shipping and almost every one of those(BBTS, Alter Ego, Entertainment Earth, just to name a few) packs the shipper in another box.

The first time I ordered from SS and my package arrived in just the shipper I was pretty surprised because it doesn't offer much protection.

And that's the main reason I don't buy from SS.

Even eBay sellers double box for free!

If I hadn't preordered and paid the deposit, I would be picking up from a local business/seller that offers me a slight discount, no shipping and a nice clean shipper that will otherwise be dirty after receiving it from SS.

I think I will use my remaining reward points towards an order and that'll be it for SS. The only good thing about ordering from SS is that I get it a day after shipment, which also means I need to pay tax.

Yea, I prefer to buy from BBTS, except only SS sell exclusives, and sometimes, you just want to have it first because BBTS get their HTs from SS like a month later. I've brought my DC WM Mk1 from BBTS, and guess what, they shipped it in an extra box outside of the brown shipper, I also got my 3A Optimus which came in a huge a$$ box plus the brown shipper, no extra charge, besides shipping.

Is shipping and boxes being damaged really an issue? I've had over 100 Hot Toys shipped from Cali to the east coast and probably have had no more than 5-10 come with a slightly dinged corner. And that could have happened on its trip to Sideshow from HT.

Last edited:
Is shipping and boxes being damaged really an issue? I've had over 100 Hot Toys shipped from Cali to the east coast and probably have had no more than 5-10 come with a slightly dinged corner. And that could have happened on its trip to Sideshow from HT.
This. Over a hundred from Sideshow to CT, I've had one shipper take a ding hard enough to dent the interior box (outer lining, figure was untouched). One got wet, but thanks to plastic lining didnt touch the figure box. The rest are fine.

I almost wish the brown shipper was not such a desired piece of the package re: potential reselling, because it would really cut down on storage space if I felt I could chuck 'em. XD

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's been my experience so far as well. Obviously it would be nice if they were double boxes but I've never had a figure arrive with anything more than the slight ding on a corner, which I've also gotten from BBTS even with the double boxing.

And I also completely agree about it being so silly that the cardboard box is considered part of the value of the collectible. Though I do usually keep them just as extra protection for storing the art boxes. But some people make such a big deal about it being included that I sometimes think they have mental issues.

BBTS gets most of their HT within a WEEK to 2 weeks after Sideshow. I have had stuff delivered 6 days after Sideshow started shipping theirs. All depends if Sideshow gets certain releases in "waves" and such...

That's been my experience so far as well. Obviously it would be nice if they were double boxes but I've never had a figure arrive with anything more than the slight ding on a corner, which I've also gotten from BBTS even with the double boxing.

And I also completely agree about it being so silly that the cardboard box is considered part of the value of the collectible. Though I do usually keep them just as extra protection for storing the art boxes. But some people make such a big deal about it being included that I sometimes think they have mental issues.
What's really crazy is people selling the brown shippers on eBay for a stupid amount of money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I talked to sideshow today and they told me that they are planning to ship it on 9th. I will be visiting my friend in Maine until 18th. That leaves 5 business days. They told be that it takes around 5-10 business days and it takes at least 5 business days to East coast. What do you guys think? Should I take the risk? Are there anyone in here that receives regularly in east coast?

I'm in Toronto and I typically receive my SS packages within 4 business days.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It takes me pretty much a week exactly to get my figures in CT. Case in point, 4-Lom shipped yesterday, and is expected to arrive next Thursday.

I am not really sure. Assuming they ship it on 9th which is friday, 16th of june is 5th business day and they may probably have it in my closest store to be shipped on monday which I may can receive going to store on saturday. It is kinda risky but if they ship it to my country I will need to pay 80 USD more. Thanks for the responses.

Back