1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally received my figure after 2 months at customs and a ransom of 111.63€ :gah:

T_T I wish mine would show up already ... but it's probably not gonna be anytime soon. My local retailer is only now expecting Wanda ...

Mine showed up yesterday...he's patiently waiting to be opened in my office after work. It wasn't easy to not open him last night but I was too tired from working job #2 till 11pm.

My Civil War Bucky came in tonight! :yess::panic:

He looks really great! I think the sculpt is fantastic in person, and I am so impressed with the detail on his gun and the shinier arm. Had to rearrange my Cap shelf to fit him in, but he was so worth it. Perfect next to my CW Cap. I'll try and snap a picture tomorrow if I get a chance.

After over a year of having him on PO, it feels weird knowing he's finally settled in :lol

Now on to waiting for the next one... (and the next and the next) :wink1:

:clap:clap:clap:):rock

After over a year of having him on PO, it feels weird knowing he's finally settled in :lol

THIS. Know for me it was exhausting, first the delay shipping:(, then having a meltdown over the early pics OMG:panic:, then kind of feeling apathetic because he and Falcon (and BP) never seemed like they would show up in the country LOL (and wasn't sure he was that good of quality anyway) and THEN Bucky DOES get here and he's way better than I expected. :monkey3 At least the Buckys I got, anyway. Agree the sculpt/paint job is better than I thought it would be, too.:)

It's JUST a figure:google, but for me these guys are a bit of movie history re possibly the best comic book movie ever made:love (possibly, love WS too and there's IM etc.). Plus my fav character and it's hard to settle the shelves when there's all that empty space around poor Cap, for months.
It was - sad. And this Bucky is so much fun to work with!

Captain_America_trio.jpg

I know I'm feeling a whole lot better LOL:cool:. Tho now I'm thinking I really DO need SW in there.:monkey3

I finally received my figure after 2 months at customs and a ransom of 111.63€ :gah:

Ugh. Is that normal to have to ransom your figs? Know there's a whole discussion on the Statue Forum about shipping codes and the taxes/charges (to Canada, anyway). :(:(:(

For sure I'd buy less w. those kind of charges.:mad:

Ugh. Is that normal to have to ransom your figs? Know there's a whole discussion on the Statue Forum about shipping codes and the taxes/charges (to Canada, anyway). :(:(:(

For sure I'd buy less w. those kind of charges.:mad:

It was Christmas and the origin country was Hong Kong... During holidays they stop more packages from Asia to catch people trying to import technology at a lower price. If they stop your package, be prepared to pay around 45% of the price you paid :(

He looks like he came out really nice!!! :) When they first showed the proto i thought WS was actually better. But now seeing the pix, I really the like sculpt of CW Bucky so much better. Congratz too all that are getting him :)

Looks great!

The cool thing about having both this one and TWS version, is it gives one the opportunity to deck TWS figure out in full TWS mode and display him as a veritable MCU villain, as opposed to representing both Bucky and TWS.

Well, even in full Winter Soldier mode, he never was a villain. ^^ More, one of the villain's weapons.

But yeah, I can't wait to get CW Buck coz that finally gives me the chance to display TWS Buck with the masked head. *__* Have been waiting for that moment ever since I got this one.

Well, even in full Winter Soldier mode, he never was a villain. ^^ More, one of the villain's weapons.

But yeah, I can't wait to get CW Buck coz that finally gives me the chance to display TWS Buck with the masked head. *__* Have been waiting for that moment ever since I got this one.

Not the overall villain in the grand scheme of things, no, but I more meant the villain as far as being the individual match for the protagonist. Since the film is titled after him.

With this Bucky figure, I consider my TWS figure to be one of my MCU villains, along with TDW Loki, Ultron Prime and Red Skull.

did u ever read the comic Winter Soldier? one of the best. comics. ever!!!! :)

yah when u get both now you can have masked version displayed to!!! thats awesome!!

Not the overall villain in the grand scheme of things, no, but I more meant the villain as far as being the individual match for the protagonist. Since the film is titled after him.

With this Bucky figure, I consider my TWS figure to be one of my MCU villains, along with TDW Loki, Ultron Prime and Red Skull.
Yeah, to each his own. :)

I just don't see MCU WS that way. Cap's opponent? Yes, definitely. But not a villain. A villain can make his/her own decisions, WS just does what he's told. Like a foot soldier who kills because the higher-ups tell him too or coz it's either kill or be killed. But yeah, just my opinion, not trying to argue here. ^^

My WS is in great company with Strike Cap, Wolverine, DP and Punisher (once he's actually out XD).

did u ever read the comic Winter Soldier? one of the best. comics. ever!!!! :)

yah when u get both now you can have masked version displayed to!!! thats awesome!!
I'm not a huge comic fan, I gotta admit, so no. ^^ I know the general stuff that happens via Wikipedia and excerpts from the comics but that's about it. ^^ I prefer the MCU. (shock!) The only comic I read and absolutely loved is Fraction's Hawkeye. :)

Antagonist is the word you're looking for ; )

:exactly:

Anyway, so hyped to use the masked head. I had always wanted to display that one but once I got my WS, I liked the unmasked head too much to put it back in the box. ^^ That snd I couldn't get the masked head on ... will use the hair dryer next time so it should be fine. ^^

I'm not a huge comic fan, I gotta admit, so no. ^^ I know the general stuff that happens via Wikipedia and excerpts from the comics but that's about it. ^^ I prefer the MCU. (shock!) The only comic I read and absolutely loved is Fraction's Hawkeye. :)

Yeahhh Fraction's Hawkeye was amazzzing!!!!! If you love the Winter Soldier story from the film, i highly recommend the comic. It's really incredible. :) Ed Brubaker, the writer, has a small cameo in the film too :) Brubaker's style is very film noir, all his books have a very cinematic quality to them.

Yeahhh Fraction's Hawkeye was amazzzing!!!!! If you love the Winter Soldier story from the film, i highly recommend the comic. It's really incredible. :) Ed Brubaker, the writer, has a small cameo in the film too :) Brubaker's style is very film noir, all his books have a very cinematic quality to them.
Haha yeah I've seen him. :D One of the SHIELD technicians, right? :) TWS is my fave MCU movie so far but I'm just not a comic person, I think, so it's hard for me to start reading. ^^" Maybe I'll give it a shot one day, though Fraction's Iron Fist has much higher chances of me reading it now that I've finished Hawkeye. *_* I'm still bitter MCU Hawkeye isn't deaf ... nor a human disaster ...

There ya go...tho understand what Silver Star is saying. And too, not explicit in the films but in theory Hawkeye's a "bad guy" for a bit; BW seems to know what brainwashing is like...and besides *sob* even the great T'Challa puts Bucky on the level with his own father in being victimized by Hydra (MIGHT make for an interesting plot point in BP).

ANYWAY:cool:. Thanks to these movies I do want to read more comics. Esp. since the Winter Soldier seems to be an excellent character through them - some good stuff! Still can't decide if I want a classic comic background on the shelves, or mini movie posters for these figs.

Hard to explain why this WS is so great 'coz we know he and BP didn't come with a lot - it's just great paint, sturdy, the costume details - the rifle (tho fragile) is a work of art - just noticed it has tiny clear lenses in the sights. Not one detail seems to be overlooked. Only nit I have, it IS harder for me to get Bucky to stand on his own - something about the boot shape I guess. Cap is easier that way.

Haha yeah I've seen him. :D One of the SHIELD technicians, right? :) TWS is my fave MCU movie so far but I'm just not a comic person, I think, so it's hard for me to start reading. ^^" Maybe I'll give it a shot one day, though Fraction's Iron Fist has much higher chances of me reading it now that I've finished Hawkeye. *_* I'm still bitter MCU Hawkeye isn't deaf ... nor a human disaster ...

This comment alone in an article:

Ales Kot’s Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier (which features Bucky and Daisy Johnson in space) portrays a fairly well-adjusted Bucky with the attitude of a sullen yet hilarious millennial who flies across the galaxy to hit up a Thai/Skrull fusion food truck and posts YouTube videos of his stolen pet space pig.

https://www.hypable.com/bucky-barnes-comics-movie-moments/

Has sold me on reading the comics, if reading all of Civil War comics wasn't already on the radar. Gotta keep busy until Infinity Wars and Black Panther:monkey3. Maybe I'll bite and face the terror of wrecking a WS head by trying for a rooted hair sculpt.:horror

Back